News conference about charges around 2 o'clock today

News conference about charges around 2 o'clock today

Postby Lakerqueen on Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:54 pm

Fox News said there will be a news conference about the charges brought against Kobe held by the DA and the sheriff's office in Vail... they said it shold be in about 15 minutes, which will be about 2 o'clock. They will then announce whether he will be formally charged or not.
Lakerqueen

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:13 pm

These guys are just a bunch of racists!!!

This press conference is bullsh*t.

You can see this idiot lying, he is even stuttering while he's talking.

He's not commenting, because he has no stinkin evidence.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:16 pm

Hey guys I'm at work right now and can't watch the news conference. Can someone let me know what was said please?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:20 pm

Why is the court hearing on August 6.

That's almost a month away. Why can't they do it any sooner!!

I'll tell you why. These bunch of hillbillies just want to get famous in the expense of a star. They are extending the court date, because they want to be in the center of the media news.

Give me a break. The judge is an idiot, the sherrif is an idiot, and this DA is an idiot too.

They said they already has the evidence, but they still need more time to investigate the evidence. Bullsh*t. These F*CKERS DOES NOT HAVE ANY STIKIN EVIDENCE. THEY ARE JUST BUYING TIME TO MAKE SOME BULLSH*T UP!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:23 pm

STERLING,

BASICALLY THE PRESS CONFERENCE IS GOING LIKE THIS:

QUESTION #1:...........??
ANSWER: NO COMMENT.

QUESTION #2:.........??
ANSWER: I CANNOT COMMENT??

WHAT KINDA OF PRESS CONFERENCE IS THIS IF THEY ARE NOT EVEN COMMENTING!!!
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:26 pm

OK so Kobe is set to be arraigned August 6th. That means the D.A. feels he has enough evidence to procede to trial and that they will formerly charge Kobe and let him know what the chrges are on Aug 6th. They may have set that date because they are back logged on cases and thats the soonest they can get him in. It will also give his Attorney a little time to prepare for the arraignment.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby kissjrj on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:35 pm

I predict that charges won't even be filed. It is normal procedure for the Sheriff to bring these allegations to the DA first. Knowing the DA wouldn't seek a warrant can be the only reason the Sheriff went behind the DA's back and right to the judge. The physical evidence is Kobe's name on the Hotel register at the time the "crime" took place......any judge would have to issue a warrant. Where is this Sheriff now?

kissjrj
kissjrj

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:37 pm

You know what this "press conference" was about? The DA and the Sheriff wanted to show a united front cause the DA had criticized the Sheriff previously on the handling of the case. Frankly I think both of them just wanted some face time and to get famous/rich at the expense of a star.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:39 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:STERLING,

BASICALLY THE PRESS CONFERENCE IS GOING LIKE THIS:

QUESTION #1:...........??
ANSWER: NO COMMENT.

QUESTION #2:.........??
ANSWER: I CANNOT COMMENT??

WHAT KINDA OF PRESS CONFERENCE IS THIS IF THEY ARE NOT EVEN COMMENTING!!!

Damn, why even give a press conference if they're not going to give out any info? Well thanks for the info. Doesn't sound good for Kobe though. So did they actually come out and say that they were going to charge him with something?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:43 pm

kissjrj wrote: The physical evidence is Kobe's name on the Hotel register at the time the "crime" took place......
kissjrj

That can't be the only physical evidence they have. There is no way any judge would issue a bench warrant for a just this "evidence".

Or atleast no Judge in California would have issued the warrant. I'm not sure how they do things in Denver.

Was this stated at the Press Conference? If so and this is the only evidence they have against Kobe than I like his chances of beating these alligations.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby 4Rings on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:02 pm

IF Kobe is charged, then the court date would be 8/6. He has not been charged yet. That was one of the most nonsensical press conferences I have ever seen. The sherriff was stuttering and getting flustered. This is all too much for me! :bang:
4Rings

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:10 pm

Physical evidence would have to be stronger such as: Pubic hair, semen, vaginal fluid, hair in general, dress/clothing fiber on her genitals, scratch marks on his back(wild sex), etc etc.

All you people who think this is some big conspiracy, calm down. I know this is "your" kobe, but let the law handle him. If hes innocent, then yipetee [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], good for him. If not, lock the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up for a nickel or two and let his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] get raped.

The reason they are even having a press conference is because hes a high profile person, if it was just some other african american guy he would have gotten life with no parole by now. So im not surprised at all that they dont have comment. So lets just all calm down and LOOK AT THE FACTS. Forget that you THINK...and just look at whats in front of you.

Postby 4Rings on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:15 pm

well right now, Guest (what are you too [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] to log in), what's in front of our face is absolutely nothing since the DA and sherriff didn't give us [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Even if he does face charges, you know he won't be penalized.
4Rings

Postby BDG on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:18 pm

I know the press conference was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and uninformative, but could someone post a recap of it? I missed it.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GUEST on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:23 pm

haha there are always people like 4rings who have to insult someone. whatever, i wont even dignify that with a response. I guess im just to "[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" to register. haha. Pardon me being so hard on a person who is being accused of sexual assault. When you have someone in your family who is a victim of rape (my sister), you get a little angry when you hear [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] like this, and everyone just starts calling the police dumb, and the girl a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and a ho. but whatever, i guess im just being biased. my apologies. sorry if i offended any of you. im out.

Postby Roscoe on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:23 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I know the press conference was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and uninformative, but could someone post a recap of it? I missed it.

Basically the only informative thing that came out of the press conference was that if Kobe gets charged with sexual assault he would have to come back to Colorado on August 6 for a court hearing I think...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby 4Rings on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:38 pm

you won't get an apology or a shocked response out of me for calling out your Guest status. I am the first one to believe a woman when she says she has been raped. Having relatives who were victims of childhood sexual abuse and three friends who were raped, I know it happens. But when it comes to women and professional athletes.....it's just different.
4Rings

Postby BDG on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:46 pm

thanks 'sco. This [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is killing me! I hope there's no charges filed and Kobe can live a normal life again. Let's get this over quickly.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:16 pm

This is the snakell beast. I didn't have time to sign in. I have to respond to something...

The physical evidence is Kobe's name on the Hotel register at the time the "crime" took place......

"That can't be the only physical evidence they have. There is no way any judge would issue a bench warrant for a just this "evidence".

Or atleast no Judge in California would have issued the warrant. I'm not sure how they do things in Denver.

Was this stated at the Press Conference? If so and this is the only evidence they have against Kobe than I like his chances of beating these alligations."

"Physical evidence would have to be stronger such as: Pubic hair, semen, vaginal fluid, hair in general, dress/clothing fiber on her genitals, scratch marks on his back(wild sex), etc etc."

Actually, the only thing necessary to create probable cause for an arrest is a witness and proof of the whereabouts of the individual accused of the crime. No physical evidence outside of that scope is needed to get an arrest or warrant, however, it will be needed to bring forth charges and only then will I begin to ponder Kobe's potential guilt in this matter.

D.A. Needs More Time on Bryant Case

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:17 pm

Colorado D.A. Hurlbert wrote:EAGLE, Colo. (AP) -- Prosecutors need more time before deciding whether to bring charges against Kobe Bryant, who is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a resort near Vail last week.

"Sexual assault cases are extremely complex and sometimes it takes awhile to get through everything," Eagle County District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said Monday. "It may be beyond the end of the week."

Source: http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/storie ... IONAL.html
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:07 pm

Yo, Kobe has a right to face his accuser...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:39 pm

Again, the details they are giving us is giving the Kobe Haters open minds to exagerate what really could have happened and make it sound so much worse...

I really don't think this is anything big, the people (us) don't know anything... Don't jump to conclusions, I listened to the press during work and it was completly B.S. I knew everything I did going into the press conference as I did going out...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion