Nick Young Discussion:Kobe= Batman, Nick= Boy Wonder (57)

Re: Nick Young Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 pm

LAKEROC wrote:We would need LeBron James to opt out, and come over here(not going to happen), and we would need the top 2 picks in the 2014 draft(Joel Embiid and Dante Exum) to be back to title contention for next year. I'd love to trade the whole team(minus Kobe) for Milwaukee's 2014 pick! :man10:

This is the Nick Young discussion thread. I think you meant to post this in the graveyard section of the forum.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 2m
Nick Young says he thinks he "definitely" will return from his L knee injury this season
lukewaltonsdad

Postby gcclaker on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Someone out there has a Laker voodoo doll.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 pm

gcclaker wrote:Someone out there has a Laker voodoo doll.

Khloe Kardashian.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

:man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 pm

@LakersReporter: Nick Young has been cleared to play on Sunday, and Xavier Henry has been cleared to practice, just not 5-on-5 full contact.

Wait, say what? :man3: Didn't Young just get injured? Feels like it was barely a couple weeks ago and I swear they said he might be out til March if he came back at all. Well, that's cool I guess, 11 healthy players, that was fast.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 am

We're going to have two units - can you believe that?!
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kenzo on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:29 am

Awesome... but he better gets the "tanking memo" :man9:
kenzo

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 am

trodgers wrote:We're going to have two units - can you believe that?!

Marshall/Farmar
Meeks/Bazemore
Johnson/Young
Hill/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

:man13:

Heck, we might even get Henry back soon too. We're just stacked all of a sudden! :man9:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:53 am

Real reason why Swaggy recovered well and in time :man1: :man1:

The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby trodgers on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:05 am

therealdeal wrote:
trodgers wrote:We're going to have two units - can you believe that?!

Marshall/Farmar
Meeks/Bazemore
Johnson/Young
Hill/Kelly
Gasol/Kaman/Sacre

:man13:

Heck, we might even get Henry back soon too. We're just stacked all of a sudden! :man9:

Honestly, our second unit isn't bad at all. When this team has a starting five, the backups can outscore many teams in the league.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby karacha on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:32 am

Actually, it's a fantastic 2nd unit.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:44 pm

We have maybe the best bench in the League but nobody to start over them. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby West's Formula 44 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Real reason why Swaggy recovered well and in time :man1: :man1:

Baby got back.
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Vince Lombardi
West's Formula 44

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Nick Young jokingly envisioned how the Lakers should handle his potential free agency this summer.

“They should launch a ‘Stay Swag’ campaign,” Young joked, referring to the Lakers’ unsuccessful signs plastered around Los Angeles last summer pleading for Dwight Howard to stay. Kupchak credited Young this week for having a “great year,” averaging 16.9 points per game and showing a better defensive effort. Kupchak then added, “my guess is he’s going to opt out” of his $1.2 million player option.

“Nick wants to be a Laker,” Young’s agent, Mark Bartelstein told this newspaper. “But his focus right now is to get healthy, get back on the court soon and finish the rest of the season.”

If Young exercises his player option, he secures his standing with the Lakers for one season albeit with earnings likely below his market value. If Young opts out of his contract, he could secure a longer and more lucractive deal with the Lakers. But the Lakers could refuse to match any competing offers to maximize financial flexibility. -
Hmmmm..
LakersN4

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Nick is going to be in one of those iffy spots with LA. If he opts out he risk them not bringing him back for what he wants. If he stays he will play for less than his value but could work a better payday through extension or new contract at the end of season. Does he challenge the Lakers wanting him or does he stay and play?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby davriver290 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:47 pm

I feel Nick will exercise that option. Idk, maybe it's wishful thinking, but he's risking getting payed less than what he's making and even possibly going to places like Cleavland.... or Milwaukee, or Sacramento... blehhh.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Weezy on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 pm

I think it's up to Young how bad he wants to stay a Laker. Does he want to be here or get more money, because I don't think we can afford to give him that much, or I should say giving a role player like him, however talented, that much money isn't in our big plan.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Farmar / Brooks / Bazemore / Young / Henry / Hill / Kaman / Kelly / Sacre

You could probably lock that bench/spot starters in for 15-20 million combined. And me likey that bench. :man13:

It's also a perfect tank squad for when the FO wants to make another exciting team to wait for the 2015-2016 mythical plan.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 pm

If Young wants to be a Laker enough that he opts in to his option, we'll be in MUCH better shape to rebuild quickly.. He's approaching 30 though I can't see him turning down the 4-6M a season he'd probably be looking at by opting out.
LakersN4

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 am

I don't know why everyone is telling Nick if you want to stay a Laker you better take that player option deal of 1.2 million. He can still be with the Lakers by opting out but asking for 2-3 million a year but get more years.

I don't know what they end amount will be but I believe Nick just wants more years on his next deal so he has some contract security.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:25 am

I for one didn't mean with my comment that he needs to opt in if he wants to be a Laker. I meant more of what you meant, he might need to take 3 mil per and not 5, something like that, I don't know what his value will be to other teams. I think if we CAN sign him for 3 mil per that's pretty decent for a guy that can score 15 PPG off the bench and has shown improved defense and a willingness to learn on that end.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 am

West's Formula 44 wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:Real reason why Swaggy recovered well and in time :man1: :man1:

Baby got back.

Guess I've been under a rock. Iggy …… WOW!
LTLakerFan

Postby jbiggs on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:13 am

:bow:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:09 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:I don't know why everyone is telling Nick if you want to stay a Laker you better take that player option deal of 1.2 million. He can still be with the Lakers by opting out but asking for 2-3 million a year but get more years.

I don't know what they end amount will be but I believe Nick just wants more years on his next deal so he has some contract security.

I think Nick risk not getting the pay raise if he opts out. Yes, LA pays players and will give Kobe 92 million per year but Nick would be foolish to test that in my opinion. Of course, I do think he could get 2-3 from LA for 3 years but then his value is probably 4-5 mil. Will he take the 2-3 or try to play for a better contract on the 1.2 mill for next year.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion