Nick Young Discussion: the Swag is here to stay!

Re: Nick Young Discussion

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Dude looks like April 2013 Kobe out there, using his offensive skills to patiently dissect the defense for an easy assist. Keep it up, baby!
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby SK8 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:20 pm

I will tell you one thing... i would not like to guard this guy, he is hitting them with all kind of spin moves, between the legs, nice speed change, damn if he is only more smarter to use this in some situation like tonight, that pass to Jordan, that was amazing.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah, he can score slightly better then Metta.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:I will tell you one thing... i would not like to guard this guy, he is hitting them with all kind of spin moves, between the legs, nice speed change, damn if he is only more smarter to use this in some situation like tonight, that pass to Jordan, that was amazing.

That's funny, that same thing went through my head tonight, I would not like to try and guard this guy. He's got some seriously nice handles and moves, and he does the same ones a lot and defenders still don't stop them. Obviously we see he can be hot or cold as he's a scorer, but I continue to be glad we finally have another scorer that can create his own offense. And yeah, that sequence of dribbling then the pass to Hill was awesome.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:15 am

if this guy had a creators mentality with his talent he'd be one of those lamar odom, jamal crawford types who's a borderline all star every year
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 am

Weezy wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:I will tell you one thing... i would not like to guard this guy, he is hitting them with all kind of spin moves, between the legs, nice speed change, damn if he is only more smarter to use this in some situation like tonight, that pass to Jordan, that was amazing.

That's funny, that same thing went through my head tonight, I would not like to try and guard this guy. He's got some seriously nice handles and moves, and he does the same ones a lot and defenders still don't stop them. Obviously we see he can be hot or cold as he's a scorer, but I continue to be glad we finally have another scorer that can create his own offense. And yeah, that sequence of dribbling then the pass to Hill was awesome.

I love that he and Hill are building some chemistry already. If Nick could share the ball just the same way he did last night for a few months, he is going to make this team something special and fun to watch offensively.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Nice game by Nick, 17p (6/13) 5r 2a 0 turnovers in 25 minutes. If he can be around this numbers, it would be awesome :bow: he is definitely steal for us this summer, love it so far, and can't wait to see how will he play with Kob, boy that would be fun to watch.
His one on one game is awesome, he have all the tricks in the bag, let's hope he will work on his D more, but so far it wasn't that bad.
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:13 am

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:

I love that he and Hill are building some chemistry already. If Nick could share the ball just the same way he did last night for a few months, he is going to make this team something special and fun to watch offensively.

^^ He gave some other really good set up passes last night. I like what I'm seeing from Nick for sure. He's doing what I thought he would here, given the chance. Scoring in bunches, playing with some energy. He's not going to do much for you defensively but we really needed his scoring punch this year desperately.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:12 am

He's going to be polarizing, I can tell that much already. :man10:

He's going to shoot us into some games and out of others, but he's going to always be exciting. His defense is spotty at best. He often gets lost and loses focus on that end. But when he's focused on his man he does a decent enough job. I like that he is running on the break and I like that he's sharing the ball more. Already through these pre-season games I've seen him give the ball up and make some nice plays. Hopefully that continues.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am

therealdeal wrote: I like that he is running on the break and I like that he's sharing the ball more. Already through these pre-season games I've seen him give the ball up and make some nice plays. Hopefully that continues.

He really has the past couple games, real. I like him setting up others - something I've rarely seen in the past. Good to see and I hope it continues, too. Overall, he's obviously really happy to be here and I think he'll be a nice contributor this season and maybe in the future as well.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 am

Welcome to The Mamba and Swaggy show? Scheduled frequent guest appearances include El Hombre, Canadian Bacon, Little Jordie, Caveman, Handshake Wes and 8-Mile.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Nice game by Nick, 17p (6/13) 5r 2a 0 turnovers in 25 minutes. If he can be around this numbers, it would be awesome :bow: he is definitely steal for us this summer, love it so far, and can't wait to see how will he play with Kob, boy that would be fun to watch.
His one on one game is awesome, he have all the tricks in the bag, let's hope he will work on his D more, but so far it wasn't that bad.

Think about this. He loves Kobe. If he plays smart and Kobe respects him and starts to trust him in this team game that Kobe will have to buy into as well...... just like Wes and other young players Kobe will teach and help him with skills and moves and Nick will be happy to learn from the best there ever was. Like Farmar upping his game probably by being around Nash, same as Blake seems to have, what if Nick "blows up" along side Kobe and gets considerably better? Tutored by the Master. :man4: That is reasonable to assume will happen.
LTLakerFan

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Love what I'm seeing from Nick Young, love his confidence.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gcclaker on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Gasol and Kaman see time together so maybe Young could see the floor with Bryant? The last two seasons, the Lakers never had another player who can create off the dribble.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:34 pm

hopefully he will remain aggressive like so many have not when Kobe hits the floor
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Toklat on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:56 pm

I want to see Kobe, Nick, Farmar, Kaman and Pau as a unit. Everybody on that unit can pass and shoot. There would be no cheating from the other team. Kobe, Nick and Farmar can all take their guy to the hoop, help comes easy shot for someone. Kaman and Pau look like they have played together for years. I know transition defense would be a little weak, that is why Farmar is in instead of Nash, but they would score so often it wouldn't be a big issue..
Toklat

Postby nduri on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:53 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:Young is what he is and exactly what we need; I'm afraid though he's better served coming off the bench then being a spark plug in the role of a Jamal Crawford or JR Smith rather than playing with the starters. Nevertheless, unless we develop another SF that is better which is not the case right now, so he'll be starting.

I do agree here, I wouldn't be surprised to see either Henry starting at the 2, or Johnson/Williams starting at the 3 when Kobe returns. I think making Young the 6th man actually makes the bench much more versatile, and able to change the pace when the starters are off the floor.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby SK8 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Hahahhahaa this guy is hilarious :man10: , check out this video:

Hey y'all! Check out @swaggyp1 tryna film us goin down the toboggan @ the Great Wall! Gotta check out both videos...hilarious!!!

http://instagram.com/p/fa1HUBFjAb/

PART2
http://instagram.com/p/fa1iBAFjBX/

:bow:

ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby XXIV on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:55 pm

I know it's a weird thing to say but he needs to put some lotion on those hands. :man10:
XXIV

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Wow they look even weirder than what you said. What the hell is that? :man3:
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Either his hands are just really dry or he was messing with some chalk or clay.
XXIV

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:30 pm

i think he was handling something powdery/dusty, look at his hoodie pouch
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby bnr034 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:21 pm

im interested in that blonde chick tbh more than SwaggyP's hands...
bnr034

Postby SK8 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:32 pm

ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby XXIV on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 pm

bnr034 wrote:im interested in that blonde chick tbh more than SwaggyP's hands...

She's taken, time to move on to the dry hands.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion