Nick Young Discussion:Kobe= Batman, Nick= Boy Wonder (57)

Re: Nick Young Discussion

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 am

PS - I miss Ron Artest.

Nick Young is the only active player on this team playing with heart right now.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby kenzo on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 am

Maybe he was confused and thought he still played for the Suns :man9:
kenzo

Postby ibeo on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:50 am

that's what i thought ron would have been chucking people off his guys
ibeo

Postby MadMax on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:00 am

MadMax

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:03 am

BDG wrote:PS - I miss Ron Artest.

Nick Young is the only active player on this team playing with heart right now.

Meeks does too, he's just not as good as Nick. I'd also say Sacre and Hill don't know how NOT to play with heart.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Mike Bresnahan: Lakers had meeting today to discuss Nick Young's "one-one-five" assertion. Young: "Once we talked, we aired everything out. We're all good.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Finally. I suggested this right after the game. Talk about it, get it straight. Some people made mistakes -- correct them and move on.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Slurpee22 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:18 pm

It's very easy for teams to be on the same page during meetings, but it's very difficult to be on the same page... when the opponent is better then you in every area.... I'm glad the team is on the same page.... but I'm guessing they were all on the same page when they started this down-hill... so it really doesn't matter.
Slurpee22

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:26 pm

And here I thought I was super down on this team...but you sir, you take the cake (well actually not cake, more like a stale pastry...you know what I mean)

I'm willing to loan you my theme music for this season...

As for the topic at hand, its good that its squashed....again, I'm sure most of us welcome the losses cause we got to turn this into a positive some how....but the way we lose is getting down right despicable. Make it competitive...get your moral victory...and keep collecting them Ls gentlemen.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
Mike Bresnahan: Lakers had meeting today to discuss Nick Young's "one-one-five" assertion. Young: "Once we talked, we aired everything out. We're all good.

Weak sauce. Why haven't we cut out the hearts of those close to Kendall Marshall?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:27 pm

trodgers wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:

Weak sauce. Why haven't we cut out the hearts of those close to Kendall Marshall?

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:17 pm

trodgers wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:

Or simply sent them all all back to the D-League where they belong? We should replace them with LeBron James, Paul George and Tony Parker!
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby laakers on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Trade Nick Young! He's cancerous to the team.
laakers

Postby Helljumper on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Swaggy P makes me feel bad about being pro-tanking. He always comes out and fights with legitimate pride for the P&G, and you can tell he really hates losing. :jam2:
Helljumper

Postby Barnstable on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Helljumper wrote:Swaggy P makes me feel bad about being pro-tanking. He always comes out and fights with legitimate pride for the P&G, and you can tell he really hates losing. :jam2:

That's why you keep players like that, and don't turn into the Bucks or Raptors, where you tank every year, get nowhere, develop a losers mentality, and wonder why you can't win.

Getting a high draft pick would be great, but we need players that have fun out there, but think losing isn't acceptable. Just like Young's mentality.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah, Swaggy P didn't get the memo! :man10:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby laakers on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Barnstable wrote:
Helljumper wrote:Swaggy P makes me feel bad about being pro-tanking. He always comes out and fights with legitimate pride for the P&G, and you can tell he really hates losing. :jam2:

That's why you keep players like that, and don't turn into the Bucks or Raptors, where you tank every year, get nowhere, develop a losers mentality, and wonder why you can't win.

Getting a high draft pick would be great, but we need players that have fun out there, but think losing isn't acceptable. Just like Young's mentality.

Playing with passion is something I can definitely appreciate, but I think that if we want to get another title in the next 2 years before Kobe presumably goes, I think we need to get rid of him. For our team's current state, he does bring lots of positives.
laakers

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Really, you analyze his offensive game and there ain't a hell of a lot keeping him from being one of the league's elite scorers. I woild assume he'll opt out with his player option to get paid properly. I sure hope our front office steps up to the plate and locks him in.
Alleyhoops

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Disappointing lose but Nick has been awesome lately, and really all year for us. I didnt watch him much before but looks like his game has certainly improved a great deal. Hope we lock him up to a mid level deal.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 pm

My only complaint is the techs. There's no need to keep throwing forearms on guys, there was no need to shove Mohammad right there, he's gotta get that under control. Yell at the ref, fine, don't shove players.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:43 am

laakers wrote:
Barnstable wrote:

Playing with passion is something I can definitely appreciate, but I think that if we want to get another title in the next 2 years before Kobe presumably goes, I think we need to get rid of him. For our team's current state, he does bring lots of positives.

Huh? :what:
LTLakerFan

Postby bumrusherer on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:09 am

Alleyhoops wrote:Really, you analyze his offensive game and there ain't a hell of a lot keeping him from being one of the league's elite scorers. I woild assume he'll opt out with his player option to get paid properly. I sure hope our front office steps up to the plate and locks him in.

Need to make sure that we keep our free agent flexibility though. 2015 and 2016 could be interesting off seasons if we have the space that right now, it looks like we will have.

Nicks an interesting situation but it reminds me of an article years back. It said that it's difficult to judge players on bad teams because someone has to take the shots and it can make them look better than they actually are...or at least would be on a better team, where chances will be less frequent.

Some team could see him as a player close to 10 mill per after this year and I wouldn't want it to be us. But I Also hope that he finds that but contract because he has been a pleasure to watch most nights.
bumrusherer

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 am

we absolutly need to resign him for the right price...
i was wanting a player like him for long time...someone who can come from bench and get hot and score any night 15p in 20min...
he doesnt posses many alround skills...but he is natural scorer...he can make his own shot...he is clutch...and he enyojs playing in PnG...i [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] love him...to bad we couldnt had him few years ago...
he could take so much pressure of kobe...
Last edited by escobar8 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
escobar8

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:02 am

you guys do realize the bigger the # he puts up the higher his price tag is gona be after this season right?
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:34 am

khmrP wrote:

you guys do realize the bigger the # he puts up the higher his price tag is gona be after this season right?

He's not going to get anything more than 4-5 million dollars.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion