It's not looking good PT.II

It's not looking good PT.II

Postby ELF on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:09 am

Did you read the LA Times article today? It's not looking good. The police interviewed several employees that said Kobe flirted with the young lady. But, the most disturbing part of the article is the fact that several guest called security, because loud noises were coming from Kobe's room. Also, they interviewed a neighbor of the girl and he stated that he thought Kobe was being set up; until he realized who the girl was. Supposedly, she and her family are well respected in the community.

Now, she could be a spoil little girl that got mad at Kobe for putting her down. But, I will refrain from calling her names like other individuals have on the board. I like the Kobe I know on the basketball court, but none of us know this man personally. So I refused to put myself out there by degrading Kobe or the victim character. I hope that there's some kind of mistake, but if there's not I want all of you that have called this young lady out to apologize. See, I've learned something in life...when someone seems to be too good, they aren't really that good. And, when someone seems to be really bad, they aren't that bad. So, would it surprise me if Kobe did something? Not really, because everyone (and I mean everyone) has a dark side. Some just know how to control it better than others. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the young lady was lying.

Just let's wait and let both individuals get the benefit of doubt. Because these are serious charges and no matter how much we like/love the Kobe we know from the Lakers; if he did do something that respect we give him will go away. But, Kobe I hope the truth comes out. Good or Bad!
ELF

 
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:41 am
Location: Memphis

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:20 am

Oh.... Kobe is still innocent, unless proven guilty.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
User avatar
Laker brain

 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:26 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby ELF on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:25 am

Yes, Laker Brain. Kobe is innocent until proving guilty. I never said he wasn't that article. That posting was in responsed to the LA Times article and the fact that some many individuals feel the need to degrade the accusor too. I don't think that's fair. I just say refrain from all negative comments about both individuals until the evidence comes out.
ELF

 
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:41 am
Location: Memphis

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:37 am

it said on espn she was some outgoign cheerleader........
jee.......
tehre we go....cheerleaders love attention :jam2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

STATUS RETIRED
User avatar
Reddy

 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:10 pm
Location: HOME OF THE RINGS, CITY, LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA!

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:42 am

Girl: Totally for sure I just framed kobe hurra hurra... HURRA.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
User avatar
Laker brain

 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:26 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:42 am

here the part is:

Only 13 months removed from Eagle Valley High graduation, cheerleading and singing in the choir, the alleged victim was working at the swanky Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in nearby Edwards when she met the NBA star June 30.

Under Colorado law, sexual assault encompasses a wide range of behavior, whether it be touching a clothed body part or engaging in a sexual act, and what the accusations are is not yet clear.

gee....... i am never gonan move to colorado...... :nono2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

STATUS RETIRED
User avatar
Reddy

 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:10 pm
Location: HOME OF THE RINGS, CITY, LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA!

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:36 pm

this is looking bad... damn... i'm not going to pass any more judgment until the truth comes out.

the question still remains though, if he was guilty, why would he VOLUNTARILY turn in a DNA sample?

That's what makes this all confusing...
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:40 pm

I was asking the same question, guilty people dont provide things to prove their guilt, not without a court order anyway.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
User avatar
Ring It Up

 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Surrounded by damned Mormons

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:47 pm

it's just incredibly weird... the whole thing
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:49 pm

Kobe has nothing to hide, that's why voluntarily provided his DNA.
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:53 pm

KOBE is innocent until proven guilty.. PERIOD.
EMBARRASSLAKERFAN... you can lose respect for KOBE thats you...
me on the otherhand ... I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT KOBE AS AN ATHLETE ...no matter what he did or did not do... it is what he does on the BASKETBALL COURT which has earned him my RESPECT.... PERIOD!!
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
#1_Kobe_fan

 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 3:09 pm
Location: Newport Beach

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:53 pm

I'm not trying to say it is, and this might sound stupid, but some of the evidence sounds like a conspiracy to me, considering that Kobe turned in his own DNA...
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Guest on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:19 pm

I find it funny how they were SO QUICK to arrest Kobe yet SO SLOW to investigate and search through the "evidence" (which I heard was pieces of clothing..) against Kobe.. obviously they have nothing on him or else it wouldn't take this long to charge him..................
Guest

 

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:34 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:this is looking bad... damn... i'm not going to pass any more judgment until the truth comes out.

the question still remains though, if he was guilty, why would he VOLUNTARILY turn in a DNA sample?

That's what makes this all confusing...


Although the Article stated that Kobe voluntarily gave a DNA sample he really had no choice. They said volunarily because he was not under arrest at the time. He was asked to give a DNA sample to assist in the investigation. Had Kobe refused to do so, a warrant would have been issued and he would have been forced to give a sample. Don't read to much into that statement that he gave a Voluntary sample. It just means that he wasn't forced to give a sample at the time that he gave it.
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:36 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:KOBE is innocent until proven guilty.. PERIOD.
EMBARRASSLAKERFAN... you can lose respect for KOBE thats you...
me on the otherhand ... I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT KOBE AS AN ATHLETE ...no matter what he did or did not do... it is what he does on the BASKETBALL COURT which has earned him my RESPECT.... PERIOD!!
'

YEah
I agree with u 1000%
If because of what kobe did offcourt u are gonan lose respect for him.
ure not really a true fan.........I will love Kobe always for his oncourt basketball not his offcourt actions
I love u kobe! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

STATUS RETIRED
User avatar
Reddy

 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:10 pm
Location: HOME OF THE RINGS, CITY, LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA!

Postby PlayaHateUs on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:56 pm

Kobe is innocent and justice will be served :patriot:
PlayaHateUs

 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:19 am

Postby 4Rings on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:24 pm

I am listening to AM 690 as I speak and they said that Kobe flirted with two women that night, one was his accuser and one was a consilierge. They said he had a party up in his room and people were complaining of loud noises coming from Kobe's room. Does that make sense? All of a sudden, Kobe is a partyer. According to a former high school classmate of this girl, she liked to party but he thinks she would be able to handle all the media scrutiny. I don't think she can handle this. It really doesn't look good. The DA says there is a volume of evidence that had to go to the lab. So we wait.......... :man4:
User avatar
4Rings

 
Posts: 1459
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:48 pm
Location: Long Bizzle

Postby Kobe's Empire on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:42 pm

GUYS, ITS A SCAM FOR MONEY, i really beleive its a scam
User avatar
Kobe's Empire

 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: La Crescenta/Glendale, California

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:09 pm

4real me too... I heard on the news that that woman was the upfront clerk or something too...dayam... these people need to get a life... I swear, the more we hear about this story, the more it sounds fake. :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:14 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:this is looking bad... damn... i'm not going to pass any more judgment until the truth comes out.

the question still remains though, if he was guilty, why would he VOLUNTARILY turn in a DNA sample?

That's what makes this all confusing...


Although the Article stated that Kobe voluntarily gave a DNA sample he really had no choice. They said volunarily because he was not under arrest at the time. He was asked to give a DNA sample to assist in the investigation. Had Kobe refused to do so, a warrant would have been issued and he would have been forced to give a sample. Don't read to much into that statement that he gave a Voluntary sample. It just means that he wasn't forced to give a sample at the time that he gave it.


A warrant was issued after he gave the sample anyway. Do you think an accused killer would turn over the murder weapon because he might be arrested? If he committed the act and they asked for a DNA sample, do you think he would give it over just like that? And just because a warrant is issued does not mean they can come gathering DNA, you need a court order. If he was guilty he wouldnt help the police in anyway. You dont help police build a case. Not smart. And we all agree Kobe is no dummy.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
User avatar
Ring It Up

 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Surrounded by damned Mormons

Postby Lakerqueen on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:47 pm

The more we hear, the more confusing things are sounding, you know?? Everything we've heard the past few days is making Kobe out to be a completely different person from whom he's appeared tobe the past seven years. All of his teammates say that they can't get Kobe to go out and party with them.,.. that's what caused some of the problems with their relationships with him when he first came into the league. So why would he suddenly change? This whole situation is very, very strange.
User avatar
Lakerqueen

 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:15 pm
Location: Southern Cali

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:50 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:this is looking bad... damn... i'm not going to pass any more judgment until the truth comes out.

the question still remains though, if he was guilty, why would he VOLUNTARILY turn in a DNA sample?

That's what makes this all confusing...


Although the Article stated that Kobe voluntarily gave a DNA sample he really had no choice. They said volunarily because he was not under arrest at the time. He was asked to give a DNA sample to assist in the investigation. Had Kobe refused to do so, a warrant would have been issued and he would have been forced to give a sample. Don't read to much into that statement that he gave a Voluntary sample. It just means that he wasn't forced to give a sample at the time that he gave it.


A warrant was issued after he gave the sample anyway. Do you think an accused killer would turn over the murder weapon because he might be arrested? If he committed the act and they asked for a DNA sample, do you think he would give it over just like that? And just because a warrant is issued does not mean they can come gathering DNA, you need a court order. If he was guilty he wouldnt help the police in anyway. You dont help police build a case. Not smart. And we all agree Kobe is no dummy.


Hey Dawg, I'm on Kobe's side here. I think he's innocent like most of the peeps here do. As far as the DNA sample is concerened though you're wrong in a couple of ways. Let me break it down for you.

1. Obatining DNA evidence fall's under search and sezure laws. The
Police needed one of two things to get the DNA.

A. Kobe's concent. Which in this case they got.

B. A search warrant. Which they would have gotten had Kobe
not concented.

This is how the law works in this case.

I wasn't trying to say that Kobe was guilty or anything like that. All I was saying is that we shouldn't put to much emphases on the fact that he "voluntarily" gave a DNA sample because it really means nothing.
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:05 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
Hey Dawg, I'm on Kobe's side here. I think he's innocent like most of the peeps here do. As far as the DNA sample is concerened though you're wrong in a couple of ways. Let me break it down for you.

1. Obatining DNA evidence fall's under search and sezure laws. The
Police needed one of two things to get the DNA.

A. Kobe's concent. Which in this case they got.

B. A search warrant. Which they would have gotten had Kobe
not concented.

This is how the law works in this case.

I wasn't trying to say that Kobe was guilty or anything like that. All I was saying is that we shouldn't put to much emphases on the fact that he "voluntarily" gave a DNA sample because it really means nothing.



I know your on his side. But him giving it up with out a fight is a big deal. In Canada a search warrant can force a person to give the police a DNA sample. In the United States you need a court order. A search warrant is also a type of court order but it does not allow for collecting DNA samples. The request for a DNA order is much harder to obtain. I know without a doubt you need a court order because I have been accused of something (wrongfully) and I refused to submit a DNA sample. The charges were dropped after lack of evidence. This applies in ANY case if you arent already a convicted sex offender which in that case the point is moot. There is an act called Patroit 2 (meant for terrorist) in the works that can change this tho. Unknown if it will pass or not.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
User avatar
Ring It Up

 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Surrounded by damned Mormons

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:27 pm

Let's say that the DA decides to charge Kobe next week?

Will the court preceding take so long that Kobe will not be there to start the season?

I'm just asking because it seems that they are taking their time so that they would be in the world's spotlight as long as they can.
User avatar
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

 
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:01 am
Location: Culver City, CA (Fox Hills)

Postby Lakerqueen on Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:50 pm

I'm guessing that if Kobe is charged, things won't take that long to get started in the way of a trial, although nothing will happen until August 6 if there are charges. Also, if there are charges, Kobe could settle with this girl out of court instead of going to trial. Whenever there is a trial involving celebrities, they never seem to take that long to get started. And I'm guessing that with this case it wouldn't go on for months. So regardless of what happens, I think Kobe should be ready to play the season unless he has problems with injuries or ends up in jail (Which I will be very, very surprised if that happens).
User avatar
Lakerqueen

 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:15 pm
Location: Southern Cali

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.