We're not the Chicago Bulls; yet the L.A. Bulls!!!

We're not the Chicago Bulls; yet the L.A. Bulls!!!

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon May 05, 2003 3:02 pm

I'm sorry to say, but I'm really getting annoyed by all these fans wanting to bring in ex-Bulls players into our Laker team. I mean c'mon you guys!!! Do you really think we need more ex-Bulls players in order to keep this dynasty intact?? Pippen is not the answer, and the "thought" of bringing back Horace Grant definitely isnt the answer either. We need to concentrate on building our own players into this dynasty, and stop having to rely on "watered down" ex-Bulls players. Phil Jackson running our team is good enough!!
And yes we do have a vulnerability in the PG spot, but I feel Fisher and Pargo are good enough. What we REALLY need to concentrate on our players in the PF position and a back up for Shaq, THATS THE BOTTOM LINE!! Bring in Juwan Howard or PJ Brown, or even Karl Malone! PERIOD!
:disagree: :mad1:
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby MONIE32373 on Mon May 05, 2003 3:06 pm

I AGREE, I DON'T THINK I COULD STOMACH SEEING PIPEN IN A LAKER UNIFORM. THE BULLS HAD THEIR DAY, BUT YOUR RIGHT, WE SHOULD BE BUILDING OUR OWN DYNASTY WITH OUR OWN PLAYERS ORIGINAL PLAYERS. I LOVED R. HARPER AS A LAKER, BUT THAT'S ENOUGH. LET PIPEN RETIRE W/HORACE.
LOVE AS IF TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY!
MONIE32373

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 05, 2003 5:26 pm

I agree for the most part, but if we could sign Pippen with the absolute minumum, then he is a steal. I would only want him to replace Brian Shaw on the roster since B-Shaw said he will most likely retire. Scottie would be a welcome 12-15th man on our team if he were for the minumum. He is DEFINATELY not worth the mid-level exception. PLEASE DON"T WASTE OUR MONEY!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 05, 2003 6:00 pm

No Pippen please!!! Come on he threw the towels down when we beat them in the WCF in 2000...I dont think he has it n e more, and if the Lakers are lookin toward the future of the organization please dont sign Pippen... No more x-Bulls players!! 4real!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Mon May 05, 2003 6:11 pm

forget the ex-bulls, we need to start creating a team that will play well in the FUTURE. we need young, but experienced and consistent players that can step up and play solid for us (i.e. devean george). that's why i think our primary choice for free agent signing this summer should be gilbert arenas. it seems that both sides have expressed a lotta interest in each other. arenas can become a 3rd scoring option and can run the offense well.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 8:32 am

Well, I am not sold on Arenas. I would much rather get Jason Terry.
Snakell Beast

Postby LakerPride on Wed May 07, 2003 9:56 am

Arenas or Terry......ARENAS my friend. There is no way we can get him, but he would be my primary MLE target as well. The dude is faster, smarter, has a better shot AND he's only 21 Terry is 25. I could go on and on, but I already spilled my guts on Arenas on the Rumor Board.

Arenas right now is the third best PG (maybe second if GM's want to build) behind Kidd and GP in the FA market this summer. The only thing we have going for Arenas is that he's from LA and he has said he'll take less to play in SO CAL. Don't know how much that will mean when people start throwing millions at him, but it's a glimmer of home.....lol
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby ZenMaster on Wed May 07, 2003 12:33 pm

Agreed, we have GOT to start getting younger...Kobe is our future, and we have got to gradually start building around him. Scottie Pippen is still a relatively good player but his knees are SHOT, and trust me, when your knees start getting f***ed up, it takes away a lot. Even if he could still play at all (much less walk) he would be a one-year band-aid at best, and maybe not even that long. Go for Arenas and a quality PF, then in the draft get a solid SF and maybe another, athletic player, maybe a guy like that combo-guard Mikas N. that LakerPride was talking about. That way we'd be set, not just for now but the future as well.
ZenMaster

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 1:15 pm

Then if we want to go young, we need to sign Stro Swift. he is young and has amazing all around game. I think he has tremendous attention as a Kobe teammate!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion