Now What?? No D12

Re: Now What?? No D12

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:17 pm

apparently.. we are going to be bad next year :man3: .. if that's the case.. we should be bad enough to get a top ten pick :jam2:

let the DRAFTEE play his heart out in 2014.. let him learn under Kobe... save our cap space for 2015..

pair our Rookie with KD.. we should still have cap space to fill out the roster with people.. and have a good team to try and get Kobe his 6th on his way out and retire on top :jam2:

Kobe.. Top Ten pick and KD in 2015.. do it Mitch
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:32 pm

We are going to lose A LOT of games this upcoming season. It's going to be hard to watch.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Another main reason I'm for bringing back some former players, like Sasha and Odom, is that these guys like eachother. We're gonna suck, but at least we'll be sucking as a "family". I can't see infighting between Kobe, Pau, LO, and Sasha, these guys have been to battle together and always got along. I got so tired of the finger pointing and the team not liking eachother this season. That's another reason I'm not sad to see Dwight gone, infighting and pouting most likely stops or at least goes way down. Nash and Blake are also great teammates that don't ruffle feather and stand up for teammates in scuffles, and Meeks and Sacre are total team players.

Obviously I take winning a title with a team that doesn't like eachother much over losing with a team that gets along great, but we're not winning this season anyway so what the hell. And who knows, if our whole team likes eachother and is in sync and had no divas (Dwight) maybe they surprise us and win a few more games than we think because of good chemistry. Again, we're not winning a title, but it would be nice to see a team in sync at least. I don't think the '09 title team was stacked or anything, we just had Kobe, Pau and Odom at their best, Fisher being a leader, and a bunch of role players that really liked eachother and were in sync. I'd be happy just rooting for a team I like again, players that love being here and give their all. I dunno, just trying to look at what's going to be an ugly season in a positive light, last season left such a sour taste in my mouth, I want to forget it ever happened and move on.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Weezy wrote:Another main reason I'm for bringing back some former players, like Sasha and Odom, is that these guys like eachother. We're gonna suck, but at least we'll be sucking as a "family". I can't see infighting between Kobe, Pau, LO, and Sasha, these guys have been to battle together and always got along. I got so tired of the finger pointing and the team not liking eachother this season. That's another reason I'm not sad to see Dwight gone, infighting and pouting most likely stops or at least goes way down. Nash and Blake are also great teammates that don't ruffle feather and stand up for teammates in scuffles, and Meeks and Sacre are total team players.

Obviously I take winning a title with a team that doesn't like eachother much over losing with a team that gets along great, but we're not winning this season anyway so what the hell. And who knows, if our whole team likes eachother and is in sync and had no divas (Dwight) maybe they surprise us and win a few more games than we think because of good chemistry. Again, we're not winning a title, but it would be nice to see a team in sync at least. I don't think the '09 title team was stacked or anything, we just had Kobe, Pau and Odom at their best, Fisher being a leader, and a bunch of role players that really liked eachother and were in sync. I'd be happy just rooting for a team I like again, players that love being here and give their all. I dunno, just trying to look at what's going to be an ugly season in a positive light, last season left such a sour taste in my mouth, I want to forget it ever happened and move on.

sometimes i think you and i share a brain, only your half is more eloquent.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Ha ha thanks I guess. I'm just so glad to be done with the Dwight drama right now. It's highly likely we don't even make the playoffs next season, yet I still feel positive or am not upset for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm thinking if we stick with Nash and Pau and ride out the season with them, and we sign Sasha, Odom (and even if we don't really) and some others we'll see a team playing for eachother unlike last season, a more free flowing team with no drama queen in the middle that wants touches or he won't play d or give 100%. I also have to think injuries cannot hit us as hard this season, they just can't, last season cannot be topped in that area, it would just be too cruel. Then again management could blow it up and trade Pau and Nash, but I don't see that as likely, I think they'd rather let Pau expire, and as not himself as Nash was we're not finding a better starting PG.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakeShow85 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am

Rooscooter wrote:I think we raid the D league for any and all potential talent.... we need to get creative for a change. We've gone after only the top talent for the last 15 years and outside of Bynum haven't developed any good players. The new CBA changes that in a big way. It's harder to get other teams good players and the emphasis is on developing them because it's far cheaper to draft a great player than it is to sign one.

I hope to see out front office model itself after what has gone on in SA for the last decade or so. They have scouted the planet finding talent and always keep their picks. Portland also seems to be able to pick good players consistently.... their's break a lot but they have done well over the years. We need to get that focus back. Getting good young players is cheap and it develops pieces for future trades to get the great players when they become available.

It may be that Mitch needs to go. He's been fantastic at the swing for the fences deals but the draft has alluded him for the most part. His lower level FA pick-ups also are not that hot compared to what other teams do with the same money. The draft and scouting definitely are not our strong suit and they need to be going forward.

Funny you should say this. I don't post much, but I remember several months back, I got criticized for "badmouthing" the Laker front office for not producing like a San Antonio or a Houston or even a Oklahoma City. Our scouting/drafting department stinks, has always stunk, and will continue to stink.

I even broke down all our draft picks from I believe 2000 up to 2012 or something and really who do we have to show for our "great" drafting abilities. Not one person. I don't care about recognition and all that crap, I think it's just funny to see this being said. If I remember correctly rooscooter was one of the criticizers.
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Postby paperplanes on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:26 am

LakeShow85 wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:I think we raid the D league for any and all potential talent.... we need to get creative for a change. We've gone after only the top talent for the last 15 years and outside of Bynum haven't developed any good players. The new CBA changes that in a big way. It's harder to get other teams good players and the emphasis is on developing them because it's far cheaper to draft a great player than it is to sign one.

I hope to see out front office model itself after what has gone on in SA for the last decade or so. They have scouted the planet finding talent and always keep their picks. Portland also seems to be able to pick good players consistently.... their's break a lot but they have done well over the years. We need to get that focus back. Getting good young players is cheap and it develops pieces for future trades to get the great players when they become available.

It may be that Mitch needs to go. He's been fantastic at the swing for the fences deals but the draft has alluded him for the most part. His lower level FA pick-ups also are not that hot compared to what other teams do with the same money. The draft and scouting definitely are not our strong suit and they need to be going forward.

Funny you should say this. I don't post much, but I remember several months back, I got criticized for "badmouthing" the Laker front office for not producing like a San Antonio or a Houston or even a Oklahoma City. Our scouting/drafting department stinks, has always stunk, and will continue to stink.

I even broke down all our draft picks from I believe 2000 up to 2012 or something and really who do we have to show for our "great" drafting abilities. Not one person. I don't care about recognition and all that crap, I think it's just funny to see this being said. If I remember correctly rooscooter was one of the criticizers.

I don't think it's that hard to see the lakers haven't drafted very well outside of Eddie Jones or Nick Van Exel. Bynum is still a question mark. It also doesn't help the Lakers like to trade away their first round picks.
paperplanes

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 am

Maybe we'll actually play as a team this year.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 am

I think we should take Asik in a trade for Dwight, maybe we can get Beverly too. Hou still wants cap space, even thought Josh Smith is off the market. Maybe the Rocks just dump him. I bet we could dump him later to preserve the 2014 plan if we had too. He is a good defender and rebounder and may be extra motivated to play hard to stick it to Dwight.

Since his and Linn's deals expire in 2015, I would conisider taking one of them in a trade for Dwight. I know neiter is ideal, but at least we know Jeremy would play well here with MDA, thus increase his value, so we could flip him as a valuable expiring next year.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby 432J on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I think we should take Asik in a trade for Dwight, maybe we can get Beverly too. Hou still wants cap space, even thought Josh Smith is off the market. Maybe the Rocks just dump him. I bet we could dump him later to preserve the 2014 plan if we had too. He is a good defender and rebounder and may be extra motivated to play hard to stick it to Dwight.

Since his and Linn's deals expire in 2015, I would conisider taking one of them in a trade for Dwight. I know neiter is ideal, but at least we know Jeremy would play well here with MDA, thus increase his value, so we could flip him as a valuable expiring next year.

how can we get asik and beverly for dwight if dwight already signed with houston?
:man3:
432J

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 am

^He can't sign with Houston until the 10th.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby 432J on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:02 am

Azndude2190 wrote:^He can't sign with Houston until the 10th.

well are we hoping he changes his mind completely and backs out at this point?
:man10:

c'mon guy
432J

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:06 am

^He doesn't have to change his mind about going to Houston if he signs with us and we then trade him to Houston immediately, that's the point of a S&T. Not saying I want Dwight or the S&T, but you asked.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby LakeShow85 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:01 am

If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion