The White Flag Thread

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** The White Flag Thread

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm

khmrP wrote:and there were posters who use to mock the rest of us for apparently hating on Jim due to rumor filled reports....so what do we think of Jim now?

It was more the idea that people think they know Jims role in the organization that makes me smirk anyway.
JGC

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 am

Jim on the hiring : "We all think coach Mike D'Antoni is a better fit to our roster compare to Phil "

Thank you Jim Buss for ruining our season ! :bow:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Center Court on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 am

noobiew wrote:
Jim on the hiring : "We all think coach Mike D'Antoni is a better fit to our roster compare to Phil "

I am so utterly tired of this pathetic complaint. "oh my god, Jim is going to burn this franchise to the ground." He got Brown wrong but when are people going to understand... Dr. Buss was the major driving force in this decision. He's on his way out and more than anything wants to see his franchise get another ring, Problem is he wanted to see his baby reborn.. showtime. Whether he was delusional or simply wrong, that's what he wanted Great play maker, great scorer, great all around big, great post anchor/highlight reel. He thought those were the ingredients to a ring.

Obviously he got it wrong.. very wrong. IMO Jim also preferred MDA. The same smug dude who's been banging your sister for years and has really been just as big as the Laker franchise itself. Something tells me Mitch would have gone with Phil.

Either way, this is all on the shoulders of the players. Defense, energy, hustle, drive, and passion can't be taught. Dwight is very limited in offense. Nash is very limited in defense. Kobe is either scorching hot or ice cold. Pau is missing. Ron is still a one on one player first. Jamison is old.

A better coach would be the difference between a playoff team vs champion. This utter [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that we are seeing falls on the players. There is zero reason Dallas, Utah, Minny, Portland have better records than us. Whn you have as much talent as we do, there is no excuse to cover this. Hell, Vinny Del Negro is a average coach but the Clips are a premiere team.
Center Court

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 am

Pre-mature thread halfway through the season....

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 am

Why does MDA have a 3 year deal with a year 4 option?
Chillbongo

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 am

Chillbongo wrote:Why does MDA have a 3 year deal with a year 4 option?

Because Jim Buss is an idiot who will do anything but give the Lakers fans, his sister Jeannie, and the Lakers players.. Phil Jackson as head coach. It's personal.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 am

Yep even if it worked....that deal jumped the gun.

Given the state of our franchise, not in any place to realistically commit to a coach for 4 years. This was an absolutely terrible business decision. From how it went down without an interview, the Phil debacle, etc.

In MDA's 3rd year only a 41 year old Nash is signed. Really didn't think this through. Terrible business. & whether it's true that Jerry was involved in the MDA decision, I KNOW he ain't stupid enough to make that offer.
Chillbongo

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:51 am

The thing is nobody is afraid of us anymore. Every team thought their backs is against the wall against us....

these days even the frickin Raptors believe they can own us.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 am

Chillbongo wrote:Yep even if it worked....that deal jumped the gun.

Given the state of our franchise, not in any place to realistically commit to a coach for 4 years. This was an absolutely terrible business decision. From how it went down without an interview, the Phil debacle, etc.

In MDA's 3rd year only a 41 year old Nash is signed. Really didn't think this through. Terrible business. & whether it's true that Jerry was involved in the MDA decision, I KNOW he ain't stupid enough to make that offer.
Exactly.

Said it before the hiring -- you don't go from one bad Mike to another.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 am

Just make sure to make the, "Official" let me back on the bandwagon when we start winning again.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 am

white flag is long time in the air i just didnt want to see it...
when you are losing to teams like orl,cha,tor...its over...i dont know if even trade could save us at this point...specialy if they wait for trade deadline...

laker fan till death...and i will suport them allways...but its harder and harder to stay awake from 4.30 - 8am almost everyday...i am just tortureing myself...

now the best thing that could hapen...is to shut down kobe and nash...and to give pho top 10 pick...

atleast for my comfort my other favorite clubs are having great year...like inter and real madrid... :bang: :bang: :bang:

i realy hate 2013...
escobar8

Postby Alcindor on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 am

Regardless of how disappointing they've been so far it's even sadder to see a "fan" thread like this 1/2 way through the season.

I watched and routed for the team all through the 04-05 season, I'll damn sure do the same this season
Alcindor

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 am

i can t believe that this is really a thread. man ok lakers sucks in the moment but to do such a thread i have to say you are not a real fan. as frustrated as i am as a fan right now i will not give up nor his the white flag. :bang: :mad1: :bang: maybe root for another team but you shouldn t root for the lakers anymore because you are not a real fan . no real fan would say such dumb and stupid things regardless how bad lakers are now in the moment. :bang: :mad1: once again you shouldn t belong here go elsewhere and i bet you would be the first to say yeah lakers are for real if they would comeback and starting winning again. in my eyes you are not a real fan :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:52 am

Alcindor wrote:Regardless of how disappointing they've been so far it's even sadder to see a "fan" thread like this 1/2 way through the season.

I watched and routed for the team all through the 04-05 season, I'll damn sure do the same this season

i will always suport them...but i realy cant blame fans who already gaved up on this season...when profesional players cant get motivated then how to expect from fans to really suport them...couse this team has no heart...

and 05 season is totaly different...that roster was bad joke...this two rosters are totaly incomparable...which this season makes even worse...
escobar8

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:43 am

I think this season can't be salvaged. We're probably done.

However, the Lakers never stay down for long, and we'll have a chance to rebuild this team very soon. Summer 2014 should be interesting.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 am

noobiew wrote:

What did you expect him to say? Of course he is going to say that or something along those lines. As if he's really going to say:

"We all think coach Mike D'Antoni sucks and is the worst possible fit to our roster. We should have gone with Phil, so what we're going to do is call Mike 'Phil' and see if that works."
JGC

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 am

I expect them to make it, but I am embracing the possibility to miss the playoffs.......and that is sitting pretty well with me.
The Laker Link

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:Never

+1
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Being a loyal and die-hard fan does NOT mean suspending rational thought.

I would challenge anyone here who says they still believe we'll make PO's this year to give me one (on-court) indication that we are even moving in the right direction to make that happen, let alone getting close so we should start thinking about it. We are losing to terrible teams in embarrassing fashion, during a stretch when ever single game is vitally important.

I'll always be a laker fan no matter what. But I cant ignore the facts sitting 3 inches from my face.
phoenixrisingla

Postby borri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Memphis, Utah, and OKC coming up.....if the white flag hasn't been waved yet, it will be waving real real soon.
borri

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Ok I think people are confusing hope and belief. No one can possibly believe this team can make the playoffs. I think what they really mean is that they still hold out hope that we can.
JGC

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:38 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:i'm as close to a white flag as you can get without actually giving up completely. i'm an off-white flag

well said and I'm with this line of thinking.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm

As horrible as it has been, I can't officially give up the last piece of hope until I see the moves, if any we make and that we are officially out.
JLaker17

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I know it was a shortened season, but remember how we thought last year was such a ... challenge to get through?

Well, our next loss (which could very well be the next game we play) we will match our loss total from last season =(
JGC

Postby raviator on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm

mine's attached to the pole, hasn't been raised yet.
raviator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion