The White Flag Thread

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** The White Flag Thread

Postby dmaul on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Yep, gotta say I'm about there with that white flag. Been watching the Lakers for about 29 years now and you always get a feeling if you've got something special on your hands. This is definitely the exact opposite. Another way I can tell is that I'm no longer upset when they lose, almost kind of expect it now and am surprised when they actually show up. That's how you know you've checked out. Not to say I won't watch all the way till the end. Still lots of good games and good quality opponents on the schedule. It's just comical at this point. They aren't underachieving. They're just plain bad, old and don't care.

It's not fair that some people are placing blame at ownership. You don't spend 100 mil + 30 mil more for tax if you're not trying, not doing your best to get that 17th championship. Not when you swing for the fences and land Nash and Howard in the same summer. They just made a terrible decision for the coach. It started with Mike Brown. Should have been Rick Adelman back then. Followed that up with another bad hire. I wasn't thrilled at the thought of D'Antoni, but unlike others in here, I was willing to give him a chance and see what he could do before chasing him out of town. Well, now I've come to a verdict. The guy is a terrible fit for this team and I don't see it getting better. Nor do I hope that management/ownership start moving guys to get other types of players just to fit his system. Like another poster said, the best thing that could happen is for him to be canned and let Bickerstaff finish out the season. But that would be an embarrassing public relations fiasco, showing the whole league we don't know what we're doing. I don't think the Busses are humble enough to swallow that kind of pride, not to mention paying for two coaches/two contracts for guys who aren't working here anymore.

As far as epic disasters given pre-season expectations, this has got to rank up there in the top 5 all time in the history of the league. So it's painful, but I could think of worse.
dmaul

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

JGC wrote:
noobiew wrote:
Jim on the hiring : "We all think coach Mike D'Antoni is a better fit to our roster compare to Phil "

Thank you Jim Buss for ruining our season ! :bow:

What did you expect him to say? Of course he is going to say that or something along those lines. As if he's really going to say:

"We all think coach Mike D'Antoni sucks and is the worst possible fit to our roster. We should have gone with Phil, so what we're going to do is call Mike 'Phil' and see if that works."

I actually don't care what he said, what matter to me was Lakers chosen D'Antoni over Phil. If Phil was not available back at that time then I have no problem with the D'Antoni hired, but you just don't simply passed on a 11-time champion coach and the greatest ever in the NBA history that wanted the job, choosing Adelman over Mike Brown was already stupid, but choosing Mike D'Antoni over Phil was so foolish, silly, dumpiest and the most stupidest decision ever from the Lakers.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

bump

I've totally given up on this season. No hope whatsoever. Just rest Kobe for the rest of the season.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 pm

appropriate bump.

This is grim.
phoenixrisingla

Postby SK8 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Yup, me too.
For me it's officialy over for this season....
There is just NO WAY that this team can somehow flip the switch and start playing good basketball, it's just over.
Make trades, just please please do something and save this team(if there is something to save).
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm

We're a few more losses away from this thread being absolutely correct, we go 10 games under .500 I do not see how we recover.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Okay I'm close to waving that flag
The losses just keep piling up :man5:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 pm

I don't think this season is salvageable. It's best for the team to look a ahead. I think let the starters play as few minutes as possible and just go from there and look forward to the off season.
Jazzygirl205

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm

24K GOLD wrote:bump

I've totally given up on this season. No hope whatsoever. Just rest Kobe for the rest of the season.

No, no, no, just play Kobe 34 mins a game to break some scoring records. Trade everyone else for draft picks and expirings.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby noobiew on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

I thought we were WCF locked at least before the season started, now look like not only we will be missing the playoffs, at this pace we could even finish at the bottom place in the Western conference standing, really didn't imagine it's ever getting this bad, I really hope this season never happened.

What a disastrous, the biggest failure in NBA history ever.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby MadMax on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

How did it comes to this?

This whole season is like living in an episode of the Twilight Zone.
MadMax

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm

This seems like a WMC thread lol we have so many depressing threads this season...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby raviator on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

White flag is flying. When was the last time we were 10 games under .500 because it's about to happen. 05-06 I think? And didn't Jim pick the coach that year? Sensing a disturbing pattern here.

Also if I were TWC I'd be asking for my money back. Just sayin...
raviator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:This seems like a WMC thread lol we have so many depressing threads this season...

a sign of the times...
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

raviator wrote:Also if I were TWC I'd be asking for my money back. Just sayin...

Hope y'all sold your TWC stock already. I smell a Chapter 11 filing around the corner...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

dj vitus wrote:
raviator wrote:Also if I were TWC I'd be asking for my money back. Just sayin...

Hope y'all sold your TWC stock already. I smell a Chapter 11 filing around the corner...

Huh? Chapter 11? TWC signed a $3B deal with the Lakers. They nearly tripled that recently by signing an $8B with the Dodgers.

Buy TWC now while the stock is low!
JGC

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm

How the mighty has fallen eh? We were an intimidating team that no1 wanted to see and was scared to play..now we're a team that has become a laughing stock of the league and the opposing team is now looking to get career highs against us. It's just depressing.

smh.
thisbjgz

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm

JGC wrote:
dj vitus wrote:

Huh? Chapter 11? TWC signed a $3B deal with the Lakers. They nearly tripled that recently by signing an $8B with the Dodgers.

Buy TWC now while the stock is low!

Lol, well that was more tongue-in-cheek since they've got what $50B in total assets :man4: but if they start losing Laker fans over the next few years (thus losing sponsors, profits, etc), who knows if they want to seek another business opportunity instead.
dj vitus

Postby cthroatgtr on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Maybe Nash worked out a deal with Sarver to tank the season and get them some high draft picks.
cthroatgtr

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 pm

It's not over til it's over. :man1: All depends on how this road trip goes, we turn it around on the road we're back in the hunt, we come back with a split or something, it might be over.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby ojdidit123 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:09 pm

It's over all faith is lost we'll probably finish 2-5 on the trip at best then many more will be here. This is one of the worst losses in the history of the franchise because frankly Phoenix is a basketball abomination in terms of overall talent..what a humiliating game
ojdidit123

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Weezy wrote:It's not over til it's over. :man1: All depends on how this road trip goes, we turn it around on the road we're back in the hunt, we come back with a split or something, it might be over.

ojdidit123 wrote:It's over all faith is lost we'll probably finish 2-5 on the trip at best then many more will be here. This is one of the worst losses in the history of the franchise because frankly Phoenix is a basketball abomination in terms of overall talent..what a humiliating game

boy, that escalated quickly.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby BuzzerBeater on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Here we go once again, lol.
BuzzerBeater

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
Weezy wrote:It's not over til it's over. :man1: All depends on how this road trip goes, we turn it around on the road we're back in the hunt, we come back with a split or something, it might be over.

ojdidit123 wrote:It's over all faith is lost we'll probably finish 2-5 on the trip at best then many more will be here. This is one of the worst losses in the history of the franchise because frankly Phoenix is a basketball abomination in terms of overall talent..what a humiliating game

boy, that escalated quickly.

It did didn't it, that really got outta hand. What a difference 24 hours makes, from so much hope to so much despair. I really thought we could at least put together a 5 or 6 game win streak at least.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Get to stretch my legs out again on the bandwagon. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion