Official Thread to Reminisce

Official Thread to Reminisce

Postby BDG on Thu May 15, 2003 8:14 pm

My hat goes off to the Lakers. Classy basketball team, dominant basketball team, dynastic basketball team.

It was a great run while it lasted...

This Laker era will go down in history as having some of the most dominant years ever to play the game, and one of the only teams to go 16-1 in the postseason.

This is the official thread if anyone wants to reminisce on our three-peat and our dynastic accomplishments.

Good Job Lakers.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:29 pm

Before the game I was remembering the WCF of 2000... We came back and won that series in game 7 at Staples vs the Blazers... We made a run in the 4th and final quarter, that sent us to the finals!!!

I loved how in 2001, we came back in the playoffs, and proved that the 1st title wasn't a fluke, and won the every single game until we lost the 1st one to philly in the finals. We swept every single team, and made it a re-peat...

Dayam and how could we forget the WCF of 2002!!!! We came back in game 4, and never lead that game at home.. We won with Horry's game winning 3 point shot and won by 1... I'll never forget how special that felt, to have them win at the last second of the game. That was a beautiful moment, that I'll cherish forever...

What hurt me the most was how Kobe averaged 40+ for the month of February this season. He didn't get player of the month, but it really doesn't matter. Kobe accomplished so many individual records this season, and he really didn't get recognized for his achievements... He pushed himself so hard in the off-season and now they dont even get to play in the WCF's... Dayam and to top it off, him and Fish were cryin, and that hurt me hysterically, that I started ballin mah eyes with tears... But it's all good though, they can't take our titles away!!

We made it to the playoffs, in a season where we were doubted to even get the 8th seed!! We came back to beat the Mavs, the Grizz, by over 20 points, and we played like the champions we are...

LAKERS FOR LIFE!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu May 15, 2003 9:13 pm

Its been a good run, one that will go down in the history books as one of the greatest of all time. The most dominant player ever with arguably the best all around player in the game. This is what dynasties are made of and I can say that I am proud to be a Laker fan during this run!!
I loved the 1st, when everyone said that Shaq would never do it!! When they made that unbelievable run in the 4th to take the series from the Blazers. During the dominance of the second run when it was a givin they couldnt be stopped, that noone would stand in there way!! And to the third against the hated Kings in the WCF where one shot made the difference. And here we are, we have lost Chick and our title but not in vain!! We will be back no doubt there will be new faces and new names but what will remain constant is the heart and class of this orginazation! I take my hat off to this team, you have givin us many memories over the years and this is one will not be easy to forget, but we will be here to support our team through it all!!! GO LAKERS!!!!
MIKEDOG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 10:57 pm

That was great! We've seen so many new faces, to just come and go in one season, and we've seen the ones who been here for years come and go. Sure it's hard letting go of players that have a special part in our hearts, but then there's time to move on and look towards a brighter future. But with loving the Lakers, it's about the team/organization 1st, then it's about lovin the players and coaches 2nd. That's what it all boils down to. We've loved and followed our team for many years, and they gave us 3 great titles to add to the rest the Lakers from the past have given us. Those 3 special championships will go down in history, cuz of the competition level the NBA is at now. How ironic it is to see Phil Jackson win 3 in a row with the Bulls, then 2 years later win 3 more with the Bulls, then 2 years later, win 3 more with the Lakers.... I dunno it's just somethin I just thought of..... hmmmm
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 3:10 pm

another dynasty will be started next season
by the lakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:another dynasty will be started next season
by the lakers

Yeap! Where one ends, there's a new one ready to start all over again!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:22 pm

What I will always remember from the 1999-2000 Lakers title team is how Rick Fox in every playoff series seem to pick a fight with everyone. From Scottie Pippen to Mark Jackson to Reggie Miller, it seems like everytime he goes in the game.......here comes a fight!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Sun May 18, 2003 3:29 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:What I will always remember from the 1999-2000 Lakers title team is how Rick Fox in every playoff series seem to pick a fight with everyone. From Scottie Pippen to Mark Jackson to Reggie Miller, it seems like everytime he goes in the game.......here comes a fight!!!!

i love ricks defense,
how he never leaves his guy
and his treys!
yeah i feel the same way
remember
rick said he will return scary next season! :man1:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:30 pm

LOL!! I love how Fox was always furious when the game was on the line! He's get so angry and get into other players' heads!! I always got into it, cuz he's always the "innocent" one! LOL
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:44 pm

At one point, during the 1999-2000 title run, I gave him the nickname the "INTIMIDATOR" due to his antics and scuffles. Fox and Horry will always be our basketball version of ENFORCERS in hockey.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 3:49 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:At one point, during the 1999-2000 title run, I gave him the nickname the "INTIMIDATOR" due to his antics and scuffles. Fox and Horry will always be our basketball version of ENFORCERS in hockey.

LMAO!! Speakin of Hockey in the So-cal area, how bout them Ducks?? They in the Finals now!! LOL
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Atleast we will have one champion in the LA/Anaheim, Southern California area. We are truly the CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 18, 2003 4:28 pm

Heck yea!! We took them all last year, except for hockey... We won all the pro sports!! the MLB, NBA, WNBA, and soccer, i dunno the initials though, mah badd!!!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion