Officiating

Officiating

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue May 06, 2003 11:41 am

I am disgusted in the way the officials called that game last night. I do not mean to come off as a whiny fan trying to make excusesfor losing like our [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] kicking neighbors to the north. But give me a fukin break!!! Twelve trips to the line total for the entire team!!! Shaq was getting butchered and if Bowen had anymore contact with Kobe he would have needed a rubber!! I am disgusted!!!! :mad1:
MIKEDOG

Postby MONIE32373 on Tue May 06, 2003 12:28 pm

OH NO, YOU ARE MORE THAN RIGHT. THAT WAS THE WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN. I WONDER HOW MUCH D STERN PAID THEM TO FOR THAT GAME. WOULD COULDN'T GET A CALL TO SAVE OUR LIVES. S A WAS DOUBLE DRIBBLING AND TRAVELING WITH NO CALLS WHAT SO EVER, THEN POOR SHAQ, IF LOOKED AT SOME ONE HE GOT A FOUL, BUT SA COULD DO ANYTING THEY WANTED. THIS IS THE MOST MADE I HAVE EVER BEEN AT OFFICIATING AFTER A GAME. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :bang: :bang: :bang:
LOVE AS IF TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY!
MONIE32373

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue May 06, 2003 12:37 pm

Thank You!!! I am glad I am not the only one that felt this way!!! D. Stern must have told the officials that there is NOOOOOO WAYYYYYY that Shaq is going to embarrass "OUR" MVP again!!!
MIKEDOG

Postby Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 4:00 pm

LOOK 4 SHAQ AND KOBE TO DUMP 100 ON WEDNESDAY
CUZ WE NEED TOMOROWS WIN
AND THIS IS THE DUO TIME WHEN WERE DOWN 1-0.
GO 4 IT KOBE AND SHAQ!
SCORE 100!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue May 06, 2003 5:07 pm

MIKEDOG wrote:Thank You!!! I am glad I am not the only one that felt this way!!! D. Stern must have told the officials that there is NOOOOOO WAYYYYYY that Shaq is going to embarrass "OUR" MVP again!!!

Good point about the MVP thing. And since Stern said that they make mistakes, they can just use that as an excuse to do basically whatever they want.
The free throw disparity is exactly like last years WCF - ridiculous! You can't tell me that Shaq doesn't get hammered every single time or that Kobe never gets fouled, especially when his shots are a foot off... Kobe doesn't miss like that. And when a guy's arm is all the sudden jerking one way, hmm, I wonder what happened? Obviously, the refs don't know, don't care, or just don't do their job in watching the game.
Double fouls? What a coward way out! They didn't even see what happened and someone had to begin it if something did happen. If you didn't see what happened, don't call it!!!
Lakerqueen

Postby BDG on Tue May 06, 2003 5:12 pm

i honestly feel that they need to get some younger referees in the game. i mean dammit, next year those guys are going to be running up and down the court in wheelchairs. how the hell can they see that stuff going on when they're 80 years old?? it amazes me when they're looking right at the play and they dont call it (i.e. KG leveling DG3 with 2 checks before he hit that three last series). get 20 year olds or something; at least get guys that can keep up with the game!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerqueen on Tue May 06, 2003 5:26 pm

I dunno about the younger guys... I think some of the older ones are the ones who have been doing a better job... they're consistent with the calls they make and have been around the league long enough to know what should and shouldn't be called. Bavetta, the two Crawfords, Javie, and Rush have done a good job for years... I don't always agree with their calls, but I like that they stand by their decisions and at least know the game.
Lakerqueen

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 7:34 am

Maybe we should vote to get cloning legalized and clone Dick Bavetta. he is a class act and I always look forward to a game where he is the head referee, we usually win those games....

But as far as the refs go, they let a lot of the contact on Kobe and Shaq go completely unchecked and we STILL only ost by fukin' 5 points. Even if the refs continue to screw us, we will prevail on principle. Lakers in 6!

REDDY, I agree that the Shaq/Kobe connection could go huge (80-100) tonight, simply because they are going to be looing to maximize every possession. Even if they did go for 100, we could still get good contribution from the other if we stop TURNING THE BALL OVER. It was the key to the Minnesota series and it will decide the winner of this series as well. I just hope PHIL sees it that way!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 2:41 pm

It's funny how you say that Snakell. It's like Min. was pressing them so hard, and now there is no press and it's almost like the Lakers were over rushing everything, but with no press....
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 3:26 pm

When we bring that all around cut to the basket during double teams slashing to the hoop drawing fouls and spreading the ball around style game we can't really be beaten all that much! We need to play offense with a measured aggression...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 3:28 pm

Yes, slow it down, and run the triangle. Remember guys, championships are won through Shaq, we created this offense around him. And well only win going to him, you can't argue that.

Let's go Lake Show!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Wed May 07, 2003 3:30 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Maybe we should vote to get cloning legalized and clone Dick Bavetta. he is a class act and I always look forward to a game where he is the head referee, we usually win those games....

But as far as the refs go, they let a lot of the contact on Kobe and Shaq go completely unchecked and we STILL only ost by fukin' 5 points. Even if the refs continue to screw us, we will prevail on principle. Lakers in 6!

REDDY, I agree that the Shaq/Kobe connection could go huge (80-100) tonight, simply because they are going to be looing to maximize every possession. Even if they did go for 100, we could still get good contribution from the other if we stop TURNING THE BALL OVER. It was the key to the Minnesota series and it will decide the winner of this series as well. I just hope PHIL sees it that way!

THANKS FOR AGREEING :bow:
I said that cause shaq and kobe know they are down 1-0 and they need to win tonite to stay in teh game
and when they are in such situations
they go to the most dependant force on the team
the duo
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 3:43 pm

See, we can all agree if we try
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Wed May 07, 2003 6:03 pm

suckers
spurs gona sweep your candyasses

Postby Guest on Wed May 07, 2003 6:07 pm

and are these laekr fans whining bout calls?
cuase last 3 years lakers were the referees pets
tehy got every call called in their favor
spurssweeeeeep

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed May 07, 2003 6:15 pm

Not really... maybe you should take a look at last years Lakers-Queens series.... The Queens took over 20 more free throws in the firt 4 or 5 games of the series... hmmm, sounds like game 1 of THIS series.
Lakerqueen

Postby spurduncan21 on Wed May 07, 2003 6:19 pm

i dont get you lalas
i dont know wtf you are goin back to last year
taht was the past
right now
spurs will win
and its over
spurduncan21

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 6:58 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yes, slow it down, and run the triangle. Remember guys, championships are won through Shaq, we created this offense around him. And well only win going to him, you can't argue that.

Let's go Lake Show!

It's been like that, and it's gonna come down to it! :boxing1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Wed May 07, 2003 8:22 pm

i gotta say, so far, the officiating has been purely [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. they don't call contact when kobe drives in, and it almost looks like a screwjob from here. im not BLAMING the fact that we're down on the refs, but it isn't helping our poor defense. well, second half just started gotta go
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 8:51 pm

Terrible refereeing, Im going to write the commisioner, I saw the address over at Lakersground, you should all do the same, this is ridiciulous
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 11:13 pm

4real...They're getting paid for services not rendered... This is a buncha BS!! They're taking the game in their own hands and they're not even letting the two teams play. Hell even the Spurs were getting BS calls on them on defense. But the Lakers got more BS offensive calls, and those defensive calls were outragious!! It seemed like they kept on doing make-up calls all game long!! And Pargo didn't even get a Flagarant, unless they changed the rules of what an F-foul is.. The game was all for the Spurs, and that's the only way I guess they can win, is through the refs. When a game isn't biased through the refs, then I can truly admit a loss, cuz the Spurs played better ball, but they didn't only, Bowen's shooting was better. This is OUTRAGIOUS!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion