Only One

Only One

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:01 pm

Let's face the fact; we as fans have high hopes, we say we're Payton for the MLE and Howard is coming, but lets be real, the Lakers will ONLY get ONE of the players that they are after. If we use the MLE on a Power Forward, Payton will not be here, If we use the MLE on Payton, then Howard,Malone, Brown....Forget it.
Laker brain

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:31 pm

I would use the MLE on Payton first and worry about the other problem later. We can a lesser PF with the LLE we have. Any big body that can bang the PFs of the West is good enough. Remember that Kevin Willis did a pretty good job for the Spurs with their LLE excemption this past year. So its still possible to get a player in the PF position. But getting a hall of fame point guard that can still play is difficult.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:18 pm

Yes, but aquiring Malone or Payton will change the way the Lakers are looked at. That just upgraded our talent tremendously. But I think we use the MLE on Payton first (Since he seems to care about money a tad bit more than Malone) and then get Malone.

I mean some of you are telling me that if the Lakers aquire Gary Payton, Malone won't think dif. about the team and still won't come because of lesser money? Your crazy! Malone would be over here faster than he already is...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:46 pm

Malone is going to DALLAS where he can recieve more money. They can put DIRK at the 3 spot and Malone at the 4. Mark Cuban will offer Malone so much money that he won't be able to turn it down. If not DALLAS than maybe QUEENS or [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ANTONIO ..... thats just my take. A great scorer will always get his average no matter what. Malone will break KAREEMS record no mattter which team he goes to. So, if his real goal is to Break Kareems record then might as well take the most cash. It makes sense to me. I would do it. 4.5 million or 10 million..... hmmmm.. with 10 million I can get 2 Ferrari's... what will MALONE or PAYTON choose? Believe me Malone does not have a soft heart for LA.
#1_Kobe_fan

Return to Lakers Discussion