OUR ACTUAL ROSTER NEXT SEASON, THIS TIME ITS REALISTIC!

OUR ACTUAL ROSTER NEXT SEASON, THIS TIME ITS REALISTIC!

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 9:11 pm

Now that I hath been schooled by LP on the finer details of the NBA's salary cap AND Luxury Tax (yes for those of you like me that thought they were one and the same, they are NOT) here is my revised probable roster for next season (after Rick Fox is healthy):

First Team:
ImageImageImageImageImage<br>

The Bench Mob:
ImageImageImageImageImage<br>

The Left Overs:
ImageImageImage<br>

The 2 weird Left Overs are the Lakers projected selections (by nbadraft.net mock draft) David West and Josh Powell (in that order)
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 10:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 9:16 pm

I cant see 2 of tha pics, u got there... That seems very realistic... Thanx for doin research and all that... Glad to see u know what ur doin, cuz all that cap and salary stuff confuses me sometimes... I need to REALLY get more into it... :man10: Great work, boi
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 9:38 pm

antoinio daniels career stats:

MIN - FG - FG% - 3P - 3P% - FT - FT% - STL - BLK - TO
21.3 - 5.9 - .448 - 1.4 - .326 - 1.9 - .742 - 0.68 - 0.13 - 1.1
PF - OFF - DEF - TOT - AST - PTS
1.1 - 0.3 - 1.4 - 1.7 - 3.0 - 7.1

andre millers' career stats:
MIN - FG - FG% - 3P - 3P% - FT - FT% - STL - BLK - TO
33.5 - 11.5 - .441 - 0.9 - .234 - 4.9 - .808 - 1.32- 0.28 - 2.7
PF - OFF - DEF - TOT - AST - PTS
2.6 - 1.1 - 3.0 - 4.1 - 7.9 - 14.3

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Daniels is 28, Miller is 27 years old. I think I'd rather have Andre Miller.
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 9:42 pm

Hmm it's interesting to hear that... I'd take either of the two... They both are talented
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 9:59 pm

Are you serious, you actually think we can get Andre Miller, wow are you a little bit, no A [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], AN ASSLOAD TOOOOOOOO OPTIMISTIC...HE IS TOO GOOD AND TOO MUCH OF A BIG NAME FOR US, HE IS WORTH THE MLE, AND THAT IS FOR JUWAN HOWARD...
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 10:54 pm

You want SORRY [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] HOWARD?.... He's a big dissappointment coming out of the FAB FIVE. He complains way too much, a week rebounder and plays no defense. He couldn't even get along with his buddy WEBBER.
You expect him to be able to play with KOBE and SHAQ? Serious right...
If I had a choice between MILLER and DANIELS I would opt for MILLER. The stats don't lie. In terms of MLE the team is better off with PJ BROWN
HOWARD will never come to LA because all we can't afford him is the MLE and he is not even worth that..... no matter what his agent DAVID "money hungry" FAULK says. Brown is a better defender, enforcer, better at rebounding and a teamplayer. This guy is an enforcer!!
He freakin slammed Chris Childs in a playoffs game with the heat. Now if he can only do that with DUNCAN and WEBBER.....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Hellooo on Fri May 23, 2003 11:40 am

I agree. P.J. Brown would be better at PF for us. As for point, i know its really a long shot, but i think everyone would love arenas. Just the idea of him playing for the lakers makes me as tingly as when we won our first championship. :jam2:
Hellooo

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 23, 2003 7:19 pm

HOWARD IS ALREADY IN HIS PURPLE AND GOLD! He is willing to put aside petty behavior and play for a ring, besides...if he tries anything Kobe will hold him down and Shaq will punch him in the dick until he passes out...

As far as PJ goes, MARK MY WORDS. P.J. BROWN WILL BE IN SAN ANTONIO NEXT YEAR, WITH HIS GOOD FRIEND BRUCE BOWEN. IT'S WHAT HE WANTS, HE'LL GET MORE THAN THE MLE (NOT A TON MORE, BUT MORE) AND HE WILL BE RELIED UPON LESS...
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Sat May 24, 2003 10:15 am

I like the fact that you took the SC into consideration. Some people on the chat thing have said that we're getting Arenas, Brad Miller, Howard, and Keon Clark all this offseason. Thats just not realistic.

You're lineup is pretty good. I like David West as our draft pick. Im against picking up just any european player just simply for the fact that he is european.

If you look at a lot of those european players' stats on nbadraft.net, a lot
of them averaged under 10ppg! and in a league where there is virtually no defense played! So id take David West in a second as if he is available he would probably be the best player left.

As for Howard, i definitly wouldn't mind. I've been saying all along that while our team needs defense, we also definitly need help on OFFENSE for Kobe and SHaq.

next years squad

Postby Big B Dogg on Sat May 24, 2003 10:49 am

Dre Miller cant command max money or anything close to that after last year. It makes sense, stay LA, sign the MLE, win SOME champoinships. Then pick up BOB Horrys option at 5.3, sign and trade with Charlotte for PJ Brown, that puts us 800k up on every one trying to sign him. Scotty Pippen will come for the vets min, draft best avalible athletes (Dhante Jones & Mario Austin)
CHAMPIONSHIP 2004-?
1 Dre Miller
2 Kobe
3 D George
4 PJ Brown
5 Shaq Diesel
bench
D Fish
Pippen (needs reduced min)
Fox (?) i hope his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] retires
Slava
K Rush
(Mario Austin & Dhante Jones)
NOW THATS REALISTIC ........ AND THATS A SQUAD :bow: [/b]
Big B Dogg

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 11:20 am

Everything is dependent on whether PJ wants to play powerforward with Shaq, or as a center with Tim Duncan. Whether it is Howard or Brown we can't go wrong both ways. Its an imrpovement from what we have last year. I like Daniels as 6'4 point guard. He works well with Kobe. He can get his own shot and drives strong to the basket.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Big B Dogg on Sat May 24, 2003 11:52 am

Dont forget you can also pick BOB Horrys option and trade his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] get Dre Miller and J howard. One player is not gonna cut it we have 3 years of doing sqat while other teams improved to make of for MIIIIIIITCH.
:bang:
Big B Dogg

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:46 pm

Big B Dogg,

I love the Dhantay Jones pick. He is athletic, strong in the basket, good D, and has a mean streak in his attitude, which I love.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 24, 2003 7:44 pm

Actually, the Dog has a point. We CAN pick up Horry's option, trade for a guy like Arenas or Terry and STILL have the MLE to toss Howard, PJ or Malone's way. Then we can try to sign guys like Adrian Griffin and Eric Piatkowski for the Minimum.
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion