Is Our Season (Possibly Our Future) Screwed?

Re: Is Our Season (Possibly Our Future) Screwed?

Postby lakerzkb8 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:00 pm

^ 5 star bump. Insightful post. Will read again.

This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby The Original 81 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Can't get enough of those GIFs...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:10 pm

lakerzkb8 wrote:^ 5 star bump. Insightful post. Will read again.

Actually it is ... when you see how CP3 is playing in these playoffs (once again) and closing out games with a cast of not very skilled and high IQ players and you comparate it to the level Pau and Ramon are performing in these playoffs ... imagine what he could do with us ... have fun with your GIFs collection
wcsoldier81

Postby Alcindor on Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Why even bother being a fan with that kind of doom?

Alcindor

Postby jamabile on Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 pm

We are not screwed. It will take personnel changes, though. This is a second round team at best. OKC is going to prove that in the next series. The PG was a weakness starting the season. I think acquiring Ramon and resigining him is heading in the right direction, but we need another capable floor general either to as a backup or as a starter to really mentor Ramon. Someone like an Andre Miller comes to mind that can both play the one and the two if necessary. The small forward position is in flummox. Ron has been inconsistent, Devin has the potential to be a good role player but has been inconsistent so far in these playoffs when given the opportunity and Matt can't hit a jumpshot to save his life. Pau isn't worth 20 million and Bynum seems to play when he wants to.

Our only trade piece to address some of these needs is Pau. His contract will be moved to get role players to fill this roster out and create more flexiblity financially for the Lakers. I like McRoberts, and I think he needs more time to develop, and I would resign Hill if he's cheap enough.

Murphy, Ron, Black, and Pau, IMHO are all gone either through trades or amnestied in Ron's case. Devin, G-lock, Morris, will all be evaluated. There needs to be some changes. This team just isn't championship material right now.
jamabile

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:I think watching these playoffs give a clear answer to the question

Showtime'sDynasty

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 am

Keep coming with the GIFs while thinking the damage a Heliflopter - Kobe backcourt would have done in the playoffs , especially in 4th quarters ...
wcsoldier81

Postby jamabile on Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 am

Another thing that hurts us is that Beasley trade that didn't go through. We would have had another young, athletic wing who scores off the bench and we would have had more options moving forward. I'm hoping there is some way we can find a guy that suits that role during the offseason...
jamabile

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Wed May 09, 2012 12:19 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Keep coming with the GIFs while thinking the damage a Heliflopter - Kobe backcourt would have done in the playoffs , especially in 4th quarters ...

I agree we got screwed, but you can't change the past bro
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 am

Why was this bumped? We're not going to get knocked out by the Nuggets, and we still have a very real chance of beating OKC. The team just needs to play with a sense of urgency.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 am

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Why was this bumped? We're not going to get knocked out by the Nuggets, and we still have a very real chance of beating OKC. The team just needs to play with a sense of urgency.

Well to beat OKC first of Gasol has to show up and Drew should begin to play like the star he thinks he is ... EVERY NIGHT!!!
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Doc Brown on Wed May 09, 2012 8:54 am

We are really back to crying about the CP3 trade? Just let it go. It didn't happen, move on.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed May 09, 2012 9:09 am

Laker fans still obsessing over the aborted CP3 trade are starting to remind me of that psycho hosebeast Stacy...

I lost you 2 months ago. Are you mental? We broke up! GET THE NET!!!
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby BDG on Tue May 22, 2012 1:14 am

This thread is back, baby! Doom and gloom for dinner.

Unfortunately I think this is right on the money. :bang:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

So it was locked when I (think) rightfully bumped it , fans went mad and without arguments with their GIFs .. and now it's re-opened .. LOL
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue May 22, 2012 1:25 am

Yes.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby switzerland on Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 am

The evil dictator Stern screwed us on the CP trade? Wrong, as a matter of fact patently false.

Look Jason Smith was part of that trade, he wanted a multi year deal (which he ended up getting in NO) Lakers front office said NO. Thats it, there is the reason the trade did not go through. As much as I dont like Stern its pointless to keep saying he is the reason.
switzerland

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 am

switzerland wrote:The evil dictator Stern screwed us on the CP trade? Wrong, as a matter of fact patently false.

Look Jason Smith was part of that trade, he wanted a multi year deal (which he ended up getting in NO) Lakers front office said NO. Thats it, there is the reason the trade did not go through. As much as I dont like Stern its pointless to keep saying he is the reason.

:man10: wtf are you talkin' about
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby switzerland on Tue May 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Look at the post from Laker jones....pg 8

He said Stern really screwed us in reference to the CP trade. I was attempting to put that belief to rest once and for all. Like one of the previous posters said, let it go already. I merely supplied further reason why it should be forgotten and never discussed again. Thats WTF I was talking about.
switzerland

Postby therealdeal on Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

switzerland wrote:The evil dictator Stern screwed us on the CP trade? Wrong, as a matter of fact patently false.

Dude I don't think that makes any sense. The deal had ALREADY gone through. Stern vetoed the deal meaning he was the reason it didn't happen.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm

As interesting as it would have been to pair up Bryant with another all out competitor like CP3, I'm not sure that back court would have worked out completely. Also with Bryant, CP3 and Bynum as your core, that's 4 bum knees to count on for your future.

Don't get me wrong, I hated the "basketball reasons" and the turmoil caused by Stern and Co. as much as anyone here. I was also very intrigued about the possibility of adding Howard to that triumvirate, which would have been the ultimate move by Mitch and the Buss's.

All that said, I think we can survive that squashed trade. We're going to have to make some very smart moves, though.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby eltoro on Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Lakerjones wrote:As interesting as it would have been to pair up Bryant with another all out competitor like CP3, I'm not sure that back court would have worked out completely. Also with Bryant, CP3 and Bynum as your core, that's 4 bum knees to count on for your future.

Don't get me wrong, I hated the "basketball reasons" and the turmoil caused by Stern and Co. as much as anyone here. I was also very intrigued about the possibility of adding Howard to that triumvirate, which would have been the ultimate move by Mitch and the Buss's.

All that said, I think we can survive that squashed trade. We're going to have to make some very smart moves, though.

You are delusional if y don't think 40 million dollars aged would not have afforded us a better team than what we have now. And 40million is exactly the amount we would've saved if th CP3 trade did not get vetoed by David Stern.

- Please refrain from personal attacks. Let's keep this civil.
gcclaker
eltoro

Postby switzerland on Tue May 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Look I didnt want to get into a pi**ing contest when I made that comment, I was just repeating what I had read from an ESPN article. Here is the link;

http://addicted2thegame.com/post/199039 ... l-trade-to

Here is another source, dont shoot the messenger!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ends-here/
switzerland

Postby TIME on Tue May 22, 2012 4:47 pm

switzerland wrote:Look I didnt want to get into a pi**ing contest when I made that comment, I was just repeating what I had read from an ESPN article. Here is the link;

Neither link says what you are saying. Both state just like every other valid source out there has stated, and just like Stern stated, and just like the Lakers stated and the Rockets. Stern stopped the trade. The Jason Smith thing was just a final detail to be ironed out. It never was because Stern stopped the process. The process did not stop because of Jason Smith. You've got it bassakwards.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue May 22, 2012 4:49 pm

switzerland wrote:Look I didnt want to get into a pi**ing contest when I made that comment, I was just repeating what I had read from an ESPN article. Here is the link;

Whoa...what the heck?!?!
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion