Outcomes of possibilities (Brain breakin it down)

Outcomes of possibilities (Brain breakin it down)

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:36 am

If the Lakers get Payton... expect a third scoring option, Kobe does less play making, and focus on other roles, I don't know if Payton is quick enough to guard the quicker point guards, but he'll teach Kobe some of his techniques, Gary will give the lakers between 10 and 15 pts and 5-7 assists per game. Gary will bring defense at the 1.

If the Lakers get Juwan Howard, they will have another Horace grant type shooter, without the Defense. I think he would give the lakers 14 pts and 7 boards a night, He would get punished by the power house PFs, but he gives the Lakers some needed offense, When the Lakers and Kings play, Webber might not have the same killer instinct, against his good buddy. (This goes both ways)

If the Lakers get Karl Malone, expect the Mail Man to avg 14 and 8 boards a night, He is a very smart player, and brings leadership, also with his maturity should be able to learn triangle quicker than others. He brings a big body, and boxes out really well, which gives shaq more rebounds, he can hit the 15fters and is a good fit for a half court offense. He would get beat by the Duncans and Garnetts, but if K-mart can't guard Him, who can? I think He is very possible if we don't get GP.

If the Lakers get Gilbert Arenas, The lakers get quicker, and another scorer, but doubtful.

If the Lakers get Pippen, I hope its for the minimum, he brings leadership, and can teach Kobe some things, also he knows the system, and is a playmaker.

If the Lakers get David West, they get a competative PF who crashes boards, not tall for a PF.

If the Lakers get PJ Brown, I suspect he would score about 10 pts and give us ense at the 1.

If the Lakers get Juwan Howard, they will have another Horace grant type shooter, without the Defense. I think he would give the lakers 14 pts and 7 boards a night, He would get punished by the power house PFs, but he gives the Lakers some needed offense, When the Lakers and Kings play, Webber might not have the same killer instinct, against his good buddy. (This goes both ways)

If the Lakers get Karl Malone, expect the Mail Man to avg 14 and 8 boards a night, He is a very smart player, and brings leadership, also with his maturity should be able to learn triangle quicker than others. He brings a big body, and boxes out really well, which gives shaq more rebounds, he can hit the 15fters and is a good fit for a half court offense. He would get beat by the Duncans and Garnetts, but if K-mart can't guard Him, who can? I think He is very possible if we don't get GP.

If the Lakers get Gilbert Arenas, The lakers get quicker, and another scorer, but doubtful.

If the Lakers get Pippen, I hope its for the minimum, he brings leadership, and can teach Kobe some things, also he knows the system, and is a playmaker.

If the Lakers get David West, they get a competative PF who crashes boards, not tall for a PF.

If the Lakers get PJ Brown, I suspect he would score about 10 pts and give us 9 boards, He plays good D, but Duncan and Garnett will kill him in the post, he is a hard nosed player, that can help shaq out, offensively he is not quite there, ut can hit open 14 fter.

If the Lakers get Barbosa, he will come off the bench, he would be quick enough to run with the quick pgs but he'd get in foul trouble, he plays agressive, he has a weird J, he shoots the ball by his face, which is easy to block, he'd be a steal at 24, even though he is projected 25 on nbadraft.net.

If the Lakers get Boris Diaw, they get a good defender but he is not a scorer, but he is like a Bowen without the 3's.

If the Lakers get Pachulia they get a shorter version of Vlade Divac that has 2 good feet, and blocks.

If the Lakers get Kendrick Perkins, they get a good big-man that can learn a lot by playing Shaq, he is a project and won't be an impact for another 3 years.

If the Lakers get Troy Bell they get quick, and a good PG but he likes to shoot before passing, he passes well, I think he may be another Nick Van Exel in the making.

If the Lakers get Tyrone Lue, he know the tri, and give us 5pts and he has good asst to turnover ratio.

If the Lakers get Eric Piatkowski, the lakers a quicker tracy murray, he still has no D, but will avg 9 pts a game with us.

If the Lakers get Jason T9 boards, He plays good D, but Duncan and Garnett will kill him in the post, he is a hard nosed player, that can help shaq out, offensively he is not quite there, ut can hit open 14 fter.

If the Lakers get Barbosa, he will come off the bench, he would be quick enough to run with the quick pgs but he'd get in foul trouble, he plays agressive, he has a weird J, he shoots the ball by his face, which is easy to block, he'd be a steal at 24, even though he is projected 25 on nbadraft.net.

If the Lakers get Boris Diaw, they get a good defender but he is not a scorer, but he is like a Bowen without the 3's.

If the Lakers get Pachulia they get a shorter version of Vlade Divac that has 2 good feet, and blocks.

If the Lakers get Kendrick Perkins, they get a good big-man that can learn a lot by playing Shaq, he is a project and won't be an impact for another 3 years.

If the Lakers get Troy Bell they get quick, and a good PG but he likes to shoot before passing, he passes well, I think he may be another Nick Van Exel in the making.

If the Lakers get Tyrone Lue, he know the tri, and give us 5pts and he has good asst to turnover ratio.

If the Lakers get Eric Piatkowski, the lakers a quicker tracy murray, he still has no D, but will avg 9 pts a game with us.

If the Lakers get Jason Terry, expect we get quicker, a third scorer. He'll guard and play D well, He may shoot us out a game, he is streaky.

If the Lakers get Theo Ratliff, we get an injury prone guy, he gives us 9pts and 7boards, and 2.4 blocks a game.

If the Lakers get Alonzo Mourning, we get a guy who is intense, and even at 70% is better than most centers in the league, he gives us another bigman, and possibly a better twin towers than the Spurs had. He'd give LA 10 pts and 10 rebs and 2.6 blks a game, and we could put him on Duncan.

If the Lakers get Michael Jordan, it will give the Lakers more media attention and a guaranteed championship, we'd get all the calls, and more ratings than King James, he'd give us another scorer, and a coach on the floor, he knows the triangle.... I doubt it.......any thing is possible.

more players I possibly missed that may be lakers next year
Antonio Daniels
Stephen Jackson
Speedy Claxton
Reggie Miller
Ron Artest via trade
Jason Kidd -doubtful
Olawakandi- doubt it
Rod Strickland
Sean Rooks-vet min
Erick Strickland
Derrick Coleman
Laker brain

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:46 am

Revision PJ brown would give us defense at the 4. (Correction)
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion