Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 am

Great game Pau, incredible pass to Dwight on the oop :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 am

Pau played very well today. If he can continue that he'll remain a Laker.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 am

His post passing is amazing.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 am

easyguy wrote:
Ras Algethi wrote:Overall a good game.

Still don't know what he was thinking on that last pass to Kobe. Kobe bailed him out on that one.

He bailed out Kobe on the same play too, no one else was running toward the ball.
Yeah IMO to be fair that wasn't really Kobe's or Pau's fault. They didn't plan that sequence very well and no one else came to get the ball from Kobe.

Pau played a very good game on both ends of the floor. Great to see we're exploiting that hi-lo action (Pau to Dwight) off the Kobe/Pau P&R.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Murdock on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 am

BDG wrote:
easyguy wrote:
Ras Algethi wrote:Overall a good game.

Still don't know what he was thinking on that last pass to Kobe. Kobe bailed him out on that one.

He bailed out Kobe on the same play too, no one else was running toward the ball.
Yeah IMO to be fair that wasn't really Kobe's or Pau's fault. They didn't plan that sequence very well and no one else came to get the ball from Kobe.

Pau played a very good game on both ends of the floor. Great to see we're exploiting that hi-lo action (Pau to Dwight) off the Kobe/Pau P&R.

Pau is deadly at the top of the key ... not only Pau/Kobe pick but Kobe/Dwight too ... he distributing ball like a crazy
Murdock

Postby hypotenuse on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 am

The Rock wrote:Almost triple double. He looks exhausted, need more out of Jamison and Hill next few days

I don't know if this is done for comedic purpose of what but i've never understand why fans have to belittle players on their team.. it's not like the guy is slacking off in practice or not giving it his all.. anybody who's played team sports knows how hard it is to really get out there.. especially if you were never that talented to begin with.. means you'll just have to work harder than everyone else.

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 am

hypotenuse wrote:
The Rock wrote:Almost triple double. He looks exhausted, need more out of Jamison and Hill next few days

I don't know if this is done for comedic purpose of what but i've never understand why fans have to belittle players on their team.. it's not like the guy is slacking off in practice or not giving it his all.. anybody who's played team sports knows how hard it is to really get out there.. especially if you were never that talented to begin with.. means you'll just have to work harder than everyone else.

:man3:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am

hypotenuse wrote:

I know it harsh but that's life man. When you are an athlete or any other celebrity everything you do gets analyzed under the microscope. It just comes with the territory.
nthydro

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Hill needs to play more backup 5 with Jamison at the backup 4 to give Pau and Howard more rest. Plus, I don't like 'Tawn at the 3 anyway.

I definitely agree with this. But what is going on with Ebanks? Is he going to get cut - will he play? Seems like he's in limbo. I wish we would give up this Jamison at 3 experiment.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

So funny how Horry calls him Paul. Same thing with Jamison. And Steve Smith. I'm sure there are a few others. Why can't people get his name right?

Paul Gasol
Pau Kasol
Pau Gasal
nthydro

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Hill needs to play more backup 5 with Jamison at the backup 4 to give Pau and Howard more rest. Plus, I don't like 'Tawn at the 3 anyway.

Hill's back is acting up again from the Clipper game I assume. If he were completely healthy, I too would like to see him with more time. It will save Gasol from wear and tear that will accumulate as the season goes.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Good game. some lazy and soft moments, but some good passes and rebounds.

But that pass to kobe was stupid. He was just throwing up a prayer. and Why??? It is a one point game at that point and that could have led to a game ending layup for the Nets.

Didn't he learn anything from the SA loss??? CALL TIME OUT!!! Gasol has ALWAYS been a panick-type player in the closing seconds.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 pm

nthydro wrote:So funny how Horry calls him Paul. Same thing with Jamison. And Steve Smith. I'm sure there are a few others. Why can't people get his name right?

Paul Gasol
Pau Kasol
Pau Gasal

:man10: :man10: :man10: so true

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
nthydro wrote:So funny how Horry calls him Paul. Same thing with Jamison. And Steve Smith. I'm sure there are a few others. Why can't people get his name right?

Paul Gasol
Pau Kasol
Pau Gasal

Add Kenny Smith to that list... Bryant already went out of his way to correct that on national TV when they appeared on Kimmel in 2009.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:10 pm

gcclaker wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

Paul Gasol
Pau Kasol
Pau Gasal

Add Kenny Smith to that list... Bryant already went out of his way to correct that on national TV when they appeared on Kimmel in 2009.

Yeah Kenny Smith is the one that calls him Pau Gasal (sal like Sally)

He should just his name to Pow Gas-All
nthydro

Postby lotus on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Pau is a big talented marshmallow.
lotus

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 pm

wauuuu...no words to describe how horrible he was tonighte...
his d was beyond pathetic...its like he wants to be traded...
escobar8

Postby venky on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Get this trash off the team. He's too inconsistent (having two great games and then following it up with this, there are many examples) and he plays NO DEFENSE. :mad1:
venky

Postby gill on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Oh boy... here we go... :man10:
gill

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

What was that tonight

He got abused on defense. THey picked on him every single time in the 4th.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bumrusherer on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 pm

venky wrote:Get this trash off the team. He's too inconsistent (having two great games and then following it up with this, there are many examples) and he plays NO DEFENSE. :mad1:

2 great games and a bad game isnt an indication of being inconsistent. If he did that for the entire season, I'd be happy with that ratio as the 4th best player on the team ( Nash being healthy ).

That being said, he wasnt good tonight...back to back for an aging, agile-less big man isnt a recipe for good performances I guess.
bumrusherer

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Put him in a pick and roll and you'll get a bucket every time. Getting beat by Jason Thompson, and routinely by Cousins.

Garbage.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm

lotus wrote:Pau is a big talented marshmallow.

This.

Gasol is a gutless pansy who only plays hard when he's in the mood (e.g., when it's the Olympics.)
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Pau is at Troy Murphy level defensively. Opposing teams are going to whoever he's guarding, again and again, getting buckets.
His D alone is argument enough for him to be traded. Not saying I want that to happen, I'm just saying it would be completely understandable. Not worth 19M. Not even close. But other teams know that, and we're gonna get s*** players, so I rather just keep him and not F up the chemistry even more. Of course, if the right deal comes along, PULL THE TRIGGER.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Opposition bigs know they can push him around.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion