Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 am

khmrP wrote:
008 wrote:I just wish Pau would stop shooting loooong jumpers and his occasional 3's.

highly doubt this is changing with Antoni offense.

In MDA's offense Pau will be camping in the corner, so yes it won't change.
XXIV

Postby Tragic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 am

It won't change! He'll spend most of his time near the three point line. Crazy how we've been pleased with him more in the post and closer overall to the basket during the Bickerstaff games.
Tragic

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm

XXIV wrote:
khmrP wrote:
008 wrote:I just wish Pau would stop shooting loooong jumpers and his occasional 3's.

highly doubt this is changing with Antoni offense.

In MDA's offense Pau will be camping in the corner, so yes it won't change.

I wonder just how far in the corner he'll have to be. I get that all the way is optimal for spacing, but would about 18 be good enough? That baseline shot is actually money for pau.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm

18 would be good actually. He does not have to shoot the 3.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't know if it's clear, but Pau is one of my favorite guys on the team. I'll never forget what his arrival did for this team...basically overnight, he lifted this franchise into contender state that it is still in.

He is in my opinion, one of the highest impact Lakers not named Kobe Bryant.

And I get the sense now that he is not long for this team, and it saddens me greatly. :mad1:
kray28

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Well we have seen Kobe-Pau PnR and those look really good. The problem with Pau is that you don't want to clog up the lane for potential PnRs with Dwight.

You need a stretch 4 to get the best bang for your buck in this offense.

Personally, I think D'Antoni has something planned out to utilize Pau the right way if he remains a starter. But right now, I just can't see a better solution than bringing him off the bench. Pau can really make the uptempo game fun to watch, but with 2 "center-types" out there, I just can't see an uptempo game. And in the half-court game, again the problem with Pau needing to give Dwight the paint, making him a stretch 4, which he ain't.

He's going to get moved one way or another...whether its to the 2nd unit or via trade, something has to give.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Pau and Kobe's 2 man game is pretty good. So under the new system i still think they'll use that more with those 2 and Pau and Nash too. Pau is very smart and under this system it will force Pau to be more aggressive and shoot the ball bc when he gets passed to chances are he'll be open and will have to shoot it...were hoping
Ariza3

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

bystander wrote:
Dfishman wrote:
easyguy wrote:I have mixed feelings about Pau, sometimes he's lazy and slow as a slug, but other times, he can take over a game with all of his skills.

I have to go deep into the memory bank on that one. Feels like it's been ages since Pau took over a game.

Gold medal game he outscored the entire Team USA in the minutes he played in the third quarter. 13-11 or something like that over 10 minutes. Can't remember the exact data.

Aside his D his only problem in offense is that he has to play out of position. It's pretty clear now that at this stage of his career he plays better on Offense as a Center.

I've been saying this lately as well. Pau is NOT a power forward anymore. He's not as quick as he used to be, and he's better suited as a center.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby escitnj on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 pm

For the record, the Lakers need more "Black Swan" as Kobe would say and this "White Swan" side of Gasol we've been seeing IMO is just complete garbage. The old aggressive & confident Pau Gasol is what this team needs to function right, esp on the inside. He needs to drive to the basket more and take advantage of his height. What happened to him. He's clearly been soft for quite a while, but it gets worse with every game. What is he afraid of? Is he just lazy? He can be so much better. He really can and I don't believe it's too late for him to spark again. But he settles for complacency and lives up to about half his potential. He has such a great game with Spain in the Olympics but we don't see much of that here. It's like he lacks motivation and just goes through the motions with this sluggishness and incompetence. He always has this tired look on his face which makes me wonder how much does he actually want to win. How much does he want another ring?! I don't see any energy or desire in him anymore. Also there's no aggressiveness in him anymore and he just relies on his jump shot unless he's open! Seriously. What is wrong with this dude.

I wonder what Kobe speaks to him during breaks.
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby escobar8 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm

you are bigger idiot than ron and j.smith combined... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
escobar8

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Garbage.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby followwind on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Pathetic
followwind

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Trade.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

"you shoot those 3's, we shoot you right out this town"
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Varejao 35/18/3..... :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Played horrible all game, then a good 2 plays then came that last shot... :bang:
JLaker17

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Showtime'sDynasty

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 pm

i'm about a hair away from giving up on pau. seems he just doesn't have "it" for us anymore. that last play was embarrassing
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 pm

:man2:

gill

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 pm

escobar8 wrote:you are bigger idiot than ron and j.smith combined... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

How the hell do you blame him? You rather have him passed the ball?, to whom? no one was open. Last year, he had an open shot and he passed and he got blamed for it. This year he had an open shot and he took it, and you are blaming him too?
easyguy

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 pm

"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 pm

easyguy wrote:
escobar8 wrote:you are bigger idiot than ron and j.smith combined... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

How the hell do you blame him? You rather have him passed the ball?, to whom? no one was open. Last year, he had an open shot and he passed and he got blamed for it. This year he had an open shot and he took it, and you are blaming him too?

We had 2 timeouts left bro
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby GNC on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 pm

gill wrote::man2:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
GNC

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Pau is what he is. I don't expect good things from him anymore.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 pm

I thought we traded Bynum.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion