Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby GinoDB on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm

frankrj wrote:stats don't lie. with Pau in they were winning the game. With Jamison his sad defense was exposed against the Magic and they lose. Seems like old Jamison. You can break bad habits or a person weaknesses. You get what you got. You think Cleveland would let Varejao go over Jamison, Hell, no. Stop getting over excited at veterans who you think are the gift from heaven. Nash is not a savior either. It is defense, defense. Dam, if Kobe, Dwight and Artest can't stop Orlando then there are more problems than blaming Pau, the coach, and so on.
No, I am not a Pau fan. I have no idea how they can solve this.

Jamison on Davis was coaching, Metta was in the game too and he should have been on Davis instead
GinoDB

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:00 pm

How can Pau complain about knee tendonitis when you see a teammate playing with bad knees for years next to him. Paus a major pansy man. Seriously

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Kobe is really going at Pau now. Pau does a lot of charity work with UNICEF to end hunger problems in Africa

Kobe had some interesting things to say about what the Lakers need to do to get back on track ...

"You just got to do it," Bryant said following Monday's practice. "No meetings. No sitting around the campfire. None of that s--- is going to get it done. Just do your job. It's as simple as that ...

"We just got to do our job. It's not rocket science. It's not solving world hunger. You just got to go out there and do your job. It's as simple as that."

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/b0833520-1954-4c90-9b4c-65c51eb89ffc/?source=twitter

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 pm

And Kobe has my entire support.

Enough is enough. Pau is playing like a pansy and needs to be slapped in public.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Pau needs to be benched. Tell him it's for the sake of letting his knees heal. When he comes back from injury, let him back up Dwight a few minutes here and there.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby John3:16 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:17 pm

KB24 wrote:And Kobe has my entire support.

Kobe is just saying what the entire team (and fan base) is thinking.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Enough is enough. Pau is playing like a pansy and needs to be slapped in public.

2011 Playoffs. Phil slapped Pau for the exact reasons we're complaining today.

We knew it was already coming. Guy has no drive left. He said it himself.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, I don't know if he'll be moved or not by Feb. I do think he needs a change of scenry. It would be good for him & the organization. Either you do that or reduce him to a spot on the bench...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby John3:16 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
The Rock wrote:Kobe is really going at Pau now. Pau does a lot of charity work with UNICEF to end hunger problems in Africa

Kobe had some interesting things to say about what the Lakers need to do to get back on track ...

"You just got to do it," Bryant said following Monday's practice. "No meetings. No sitting around the campfire. None of that s--- is going to get it done. Just do your job. It's as simple as that ...

"We just got to do our job. It's not rocket science. It's not solving world hunger. You just got to go out there and do your job. It's as simple as that."

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/b0833520-1954-4c90-9b4c-65c51eb89ffc/?source=twitter

:man10: :man10:

There is no way Kobe meant that in that specific way.

:man10:

If he said, 'We're not solving world peace." would that have been a shot at Artest too?! :man10: :man10:

Agree. NO way kobe was thinking that hard about it.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm

I also agree, there's no way Kobe was talking about Pau's charity work, there's no way he would speak badly about that, it's the best thing Pau has done for 3 years, and Kobe does his own charity work.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LUUUKE on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

I disagree. It's not that pau has no drive left. It's that his body is giving out in him. He's beat physically. That's why he gets his shot blocked so often. He has no lift. The guy never rests in the offseason and he's paying for it now. Unfortunate.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm

LUUUKE wrote:I disagree. It's not that pau has no drive left. It's that his body is giving out in him. He's beat physically. That's why he gets his shot blocked so often. He has no lift. The guy never rests in the offseason and he's paying for it now. Unfortunate.

he didnt' look like that in the Olympics, can't tell me this dude dropped off from the Olympic play to now in a matter of months.
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm

It keeps getting harder & harder to defend Pau around here, dude has even lost the little lift he had in his knees due to the tendinitis. He has indeed fallen hard & I have nearly lost all hope in the old Pau ever returning.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby charvin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm

How many freakin times does Kobe have to call out Pau? More interestingly, has anyone else been called out more from Kobe lately?

This is getting ridiculous. If you want touches, stop playing at the top of the key and taking long 2 pointers.
charvin

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I agree - Pau needs to come off the bench (for Dwight), with Jamison starting and Hill getting more mins.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
The Rock wrote:Kobe is really going at Pau now. Pau does a lot of charity work with UNICEF to end hunger problems in Africa

If he said, 'We're not solving world peace." would that have been a shot at Artest too?! :man10: :man10:

:man10: I agree; to think Kobe was taking a stab at Pau's outreach efforts is reaching..
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby nthydro on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm

John3:16 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

Agree. NO way kobe was thinking that hard about it.

Yeah but at the same time you know Kobe IS talking mainly about Pau. He mentioned Dwight and Metta as having the right attitude and intentionally left out Pau, so obviously he's disappointed in him. Can you blame him for being p*ssed? Pau is a great guy on and off the court, it's impossible to hate him as a person. But his dedication to the game is questionable. He's easily the most out of shape starter on our team. Other than the summer after the loss to Boston in 2008, you never hear about Pau putting in extra work to improve his healthy and conditioning. You see guys come back after one summer looking drastically different and you can tell they put in the work. It doesn't matter what sport it is, hell even golf, you need to be in good physical shape to play at your full potential. His body looks worst than most high school players. I'm not saying he should put on 15 pounds or anything, but at least improve your strength and conditioning. I remember him saying he never does any type of strength training. That's just inexcusable for an athlete. :disagree:
nthydro

Postby l8kerboi23 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Hope Kobe was looking at the mirror when he made those comments. When Kobe plays Kobe ball, the lakers lose, as kobe likes to say "It's as simple as that".
l8kerboi23

Postby borri on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:

2011 Playoffs. Phil slapped Pau for the exact reasons we're complaining today.

We knew it was already coming. Guy has no drive left. He said it himself.

That right there is THE most poignant thing we should look at. Zenmaster, perhaps the greatest motivator in the history of the NBA had to resort to slapping Pau in the chest. Think about that.

I frankly don't think Pau has the drive left to want to win another CHIP. How can he look so good playing for his country and yet look so bad playing for an NBA CHIP? To me, it's a matter of been there and done that for Pau. He's gotten to the zenith of his NBA career, back to back titles. While he's never gotten GOLD for Spain. Sadly I think it will take that type of motivation for Pau to sack up again.

Too bad, NBA teams don't play for Olympic gold.
borri

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Our season wrapped in May. The Olympics didn't start till August. Roughly 2 months to get right and rest up.

The Olympics competition is worthy, but no where near the level of the NBA....let's be honest with ourselves. Pau is a great player, but his "B" game would look like an A+ against that competition.

He's broken down and its a known fact that bigs break down much faster than backcourt players. He's had alot of basketball ever since he became a Laker and he's literally on his last legs (think Sabonis..another prominent Euro big that just didn't have the late career athletics to stay with young legs).

He's definitely known more as a finesse player than a power player....but seriously, fans need to stop insinuating that this guy has no heart and is just running (or rather walking) through the motions. I feel that he really wants to do what he can for the team, but is physically incapable. Kobe is not a patient guy and knows that Pau can give this team so much more, but not everybody is built like you, Kob. Kobe, for the majority, can play better upset and can play better when his health is not 100%....however most of the NBA cannot.

Pau should be traded cause he doesn't fit...but the dude has a massive heart both off and on the court and anybody insinuating otherwise, is just letting the hate blind them.

Pau's body is broken...nothing more, nothing less.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Our season wrapped in May. The Olympics didn't start till August. Roughly 2 months to get right and rest up.

The Olympics competition is worthy, but no where near the level of the NBA....let's be honest with ourselves. Pau is a great player, but his "B" game would look like an A+ against that competition.

He's broken down and its a known fact that bigs break down much faster than backcourt players. He's had alot of basketball ever since he became a Laker and he's literally on his last legs (think Sabonis..another prominent Euro big that just didn't have the late career athletics to stay with young legs).

He's definitely known more as a finesse player than a power player....but seriously, fans need to stop insinuating that this guy has no heart and is just running (or rather walking) through the motions. I feel that he really wants to do what he can for the team, but is physically incapable. Kobe is not a patient guy and knows that Pau can give this team so much more, but not everybody is built like you, Kob. Kobe, for the majority, can play better upset and can play better when his health is not 100%....however most of the NBA cannot.

Pau should be traded cause he doesn't fit...but the dude has a massive heart both off and on the court and anybody insinuating otherwise, is just letting the hate blind them.

I think last night's game was a perfect example of this. Pau was aggressive to start, he had 11 points early, was hitting jumpers, getting the ball and going towards to the hoop with it, whether to attempt layups or at least get a higher percentage shot rather than fading away. Then, the 2nd half came, and he just faded, missing gimme's and such, he finished with those 11 points, he cannot seemingly cannot sustain a full game of aggressive play on a consistent basis. That's not for lack of heart, or even effort sometimes, because he still tries, he still leaps for those boards, but he barely gets off the ground.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Our season wrapped in May. The Olympics didn't start till August. Roughly 2 months to get right and rest up.

Disagree. Not being aggressive is all heart. case in point. Pau starts off the game aggressive. Taking open jumpers. Then all of a sudden he stops. Jumpers takes minimal physical effort. He's afraid. He's afraid of failing.

Second, look at his body language. He looks defeated out there. Last year Ron had a really bad back. Didn't stop him from being aggressive. I won't hold anyone to Kobe's standards for playing through pain, that's why I used Ron as an example.

Look at Kobe. He bricks and bricks and bricks. But he won't ever stop shooting.

How long have we been talking about Pau being aggressive? PJ kept saying in all the years he's coached Pau. Kobe's been saying the same damn thing ever since Pau became a Laker.

I was okay with Pau not taking it the rim because of his knees. That's understandable. But for him to keep passing up open J's is alarmingly bad. That's attitude not injury.
borri

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Weezy wrote:

I think last night's game was a perfect example of this. Pau was aggressive to start, he had 11 points early, was hitting jumpers, getting the ball and going towards to the hoop with it, whether to attempt layups or at least get a higher percentage shot rather than fading away. Then, the 2nd half came, and he just faded, missing gimme's and such, he finished with those 11 points, he cannot seemingly cannot sustain a full game of aggressive play on a consistent basis. That's not for lack of heart, or even effort sometimes, because he still tries, he still leaps for those boards, but he barely gets off the ground.

Pau is also suffering from tendinitis. But, I think his inability to sustain his energy and aggressiveness for a full game may be from the tendinitis but also his athletic decline. This guy has played so much basketball since coming to the Lakers. Coaches really need to be sensitive to how many minutes big guys are getting especially Pau who is in his 30s and on the downside of his career.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Borri: You need legs to even shoot the ball. Kobe's flu-game as an example...he started really well and then faded. Remember when Bernie first stepped on after Coach B got tossed...Pau started that game making like 5 jumpshots in a row and then just faded as the game progressed.

Yeah, Pau is afraid to let his team down...but I feel that it is perfectly understandable, why he appears to decline in aggression as the game progresses. While Kobe feels his body failing, he still tosses up jumpers cause he has confidence that he can do so...even at the team's own detriment. On the opposite side of the spectrum, you have Pau who knows his body is failing and believes that if I take this jumper, it comes off of the rim and sparks a transition basket heading the other way. He doesn't want to put the team and himself in that position...meanwhile guys like Kobe think that he has the ability to knockdown the shot and is a detriment to the team for not taking that shot. You got 2 players that have all the ability in the world, but with 2 different mentalities.

An aggressive Pau helps this team...no doubt. But an aggressive Pau with no legs, just gets his shot swatted back into his face repeatedly and now instead of admiration for his aggressiveness, he's now a "female" for not going up stronger.....but how can he, if he doesn't have the legs?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:57 pm

you need legs to shoot the ball, unless you're brook lopez
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel