Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

borri wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I'm confident in saying that we will look better tonight defensively/offensively and we will get an easy W.

if the pattern of look good-play like crap-look good-play like crap holds up, we should play well tonight

we're a .500 team

It think it's more of we think we have that fifth gear and can turn in on when needed. But most of the time this season, it isn't there. We looked great in part against ORL. Then stunk, then great. Then can't get back to playing great. We we're up 9 in that game. Watching it, it thought we'd be able to turn it up again when ORL cut it down to 3.

Optimistic side tells me, we aren't gelling yet. Pessimistic side of me agrees with you 100% side. Realistic side....tba until I see Nash in th fold.

first the Dodgers, then USC and so far our Lakers...i see a disappointing pattern for sports teams in LA

like a never ending nightmare
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby John3:16 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Imagine if Kobe sat out everytime he wasn't 100%.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm

I knew it. This was Gasol's decision. He is a total panzy. Just when the team needs him most, and when the heat is totally turned up, he sits it out. Nice of Kobe to say he did it too, but the timing is terrible. Gasol is using it as an excuse for being passive and gettings his wussy flip shot blocked every game. He is also missing FTs more. Whatever...he did the same thing in Memphis. Run away and hide....
tigerjeterkobe

Postby davriver290 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Guys, he just isn't going to be traded. No one wants him. And I honestly still kinda want him. We need smart players and he's one of them. He needs to rest those knees, take the next month off. Get rid of that problem and come back stronger.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm

just a quick quesiton but even with rest, wouldn't his knee's flair up again once he starts playing again?
Last edited by khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

davriver290 wrote:Guys, he just isn't going to be traded. No one wants him. And I honestly still kinda want him. We need smart players and he's one of them. He needs to rest those knees, take the next month off. Get rid of that problem and come back stronger.

I have the same feeling, sure we all see him being slow out there, but watching some of the highlight clips, gave me goosebumps, he is good. Maybe we should accept reality, that he can never be the same as he used to be.
easyguy

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 pm

John3:16 wrote:Imagine if Kobe sat out everytime he wasn't 100%.

He sat out on some, especially when it has to do with his legs (shin splints). You are useless out there with an injured leg, let alone two knees.
easyguy

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Are people seriously calling Pau a wuss for this? Not everyone is Kobe, some guys don't flourish when injured. He's not doing well physically, you can see it out there, he's not going to play himself through the injury and get better, so he's sitting and trying to heal himself. I don't have a problem with this, better he does it now than later, he's not improving on the court so he's trying something else. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, like the report says they'll explore trade scenarios for him. Bottom line is he's not doing a ton for us on the court right now, so trying to heal by sitting out I don't think will kill us, we already kinda suck.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (out indefinitely for now, d2d p.222)

Postby KB24 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

I would rather have the injury bug early in the season rather than late.

But Gasol's crappy play has my blood boiling for a while. Time to sit his arse until he gets normal or trade him. Can't pay 20 mio. for a borderline scrub play (for what you can expect from that type of money).

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 pm

This is good. Give Pau some time off and he gets one more chance with Nash. If it still doesn't work out. Bye Bye.
Gasol is sitting not because a trade involving the former four-time All-Star is in the works, according to multiple league sources. However, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm

This is good. Rest. Recover. I think he's doing what is best for the team. I think that in this case he is doing what is best for him and the team in the long run. Hope Lakers fans don't crucify him.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm

You could definitely tell his knees were giving him issues, he could barely jump which showed when he got rejected by Big Baby. Hopefully the rest does him well and he can return to play with Nash, but I'm not optimistic we'll see the old Pau on this team ever again.
XXIV

Postby John3:16 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 pm

When I first read that he was "Day to Day", I read it as "Day to Trade". :man10:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm

At this point, it's best if he sits out. He can't give us anything if he's not healthy, obviously. I still think if he does come back healthy, MDA has to manage his minutes; keep him in the 27-30 minute range.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:17 pm

John3:16 wrote:When I first read that he was "Day to Day", I read it as "Day to Trade". :man10:

It got your spirits up didn't it? :man12:
XXIV

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm

khmrP wrote:just a quick quesiton but even with rest, wouldn't his knee's flair up again once he starts playing again?

With proper rest (time wise) and properly warming up it should get better and maybe over the summer rest the knees for a few months that should get it back close to 100%.
easyguy

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I knew it. This was Gasol's decision. He is a total panzy. Just when the team needs him most, and when the heat is totally turned up, he sits it out. Nice of Kobe to say he did it too, but the timing is terrible. Gasol is using it as an excuse for being passive and gettings his wussy flip shot blocked every game. He is also missing FTs more. Whatever...he did the same thing in Memphis. Run away and hide....

Good lord shut the hell up already
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Juronimo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Good. I'm glad he's going to sit out a few games. He obviously isn't himself, he's playing hurt. You can tell by the lack of lift when he was around the basket and his lack of mobility.

We need him right if we want to go anywhere.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Wow. It is not like its a back to back or anything. I wonder who made the call? Gasol? Or the team? If Gasol, it is an obvious F U to Kobe for his comments. If the team, then it can mean a lot of things.

If he came to shoot around today claiming to be sore or fatigued, THAT is his MO -- a soft, scared, wuss. He was sitting out several games in Memphis claiming to have a bad back for like weeks -- all during the time that the fans wanted his head and he was on the block. Then his first game with LA he has like 28 and 12, and has never complained of a back injury since.

the heat is turned up on Gasol - by the fans, the media, MDA, and now Kobe. So now he is too sore to play. Right. Sure. But if Spain were playing Brazin tonight he would be totally amped up. GTFO already.

And those clips above were few and far between. Sure he was more consistent. But the soft label was there in 08 when Boston beat the Lakers. He has always been skilled. But not always dominant. He just has had really good matchups (Dirk, Lewis, Landry, Harrington, Okur) for the most part except for where guys like KG beat him up.

I am hoping this is MDA just cutting the guy out to save him from further fan and Kobe wrath...

Just who the hell are you trying to kid here? The guy had to go up against Howard most of the game given Bynum's injury & did so very efficiently on both ends, Howard didn't even have a dunk until about halfway through the 2nd game. He also turned the tables on KG from the previous series & in 2010 & outplayed him, don't come trying to state Pau was "soft" back in those days because finesse doesn't always = soft

2010 NBA Finals:

PAU: 18.6ppg 11.6rpg 3.7apg 47%fg

KG: 15.3PPG 5.6rpg 3.0apg 51%fg

KG really beat him up there, didn't he?

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:I knew it. This was Gasol's decision. He is a total panzy. Just when the team needs him most, and when the heat is totally turned up, he sits it out. Nice of Kobe to say he did it too, but the timing is terrible. Gasol is using it as an excuse for being passive and gettings his wussy flip shot blocked every game. He is also missing FTs more. Whatever...he did the same thing in Memphis. Run away and hide....

seriously ^^^ dude complains like crazy, Pau is hurt but they let that get out through one ear & out the other. He evidently has absolutely no lift & is forcing himself up & down the court which drains all his energy as well. He needs some rest to get himself right, how many games has he rested since he came here? Barely any.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm

good he's resting to heal up, shameful he's doing it on company time. He could've rested in the summer :freak2:
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:16 pm

khmrP wrote:good he's resting to heal up, shameful he's doing it on company time. He could've rested in the summer :freak2:

He wasn't injured during the summer, it was Brown's stupid two a day practices that caused him to get tendinitis.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:17 pm

XXIV wrote:
khmrP wrote:good he's resting to heal up, shameful he's doing it on company time. He could've rested in the summer :freak2:

He wasn't injured during the summer, it was Brown's stupid two a day practices that caused him to get tendinitis.

is that fact or just your opinion?
khmrP

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

I'm not sure what you were thinking when you posted this. If you disagree with his points then post your disagreements. It's a discussion forum, not a "shut the hell up" forum. Your Christmas gift is this is just a friendly, not official, warning.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Damn, I just seen that video highlight. He was so skilled. It seems like he's just a shell of himself right now...
dwighthowardsdad

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion