Pau Discussion: Pau-dini escapes another trade deadline!

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
33%
No
56%
Maybe (explain)
10%

Total votes : 114

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (out indefinitely for now, d2d p.222)

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:03 pm

khmrP wrote:Just cause Pau is core player for us doesn't he doesn't SUCK!, which he does. NOH has no reason to give us Anderson on top of EG....I can bet you Pho would still be interested and offer multiple picks and straight up cap relief for EG.

Hmm I totally forgot Phoenix tried to get him over the summer...but how would they get him now? NOH isn't doing a deal with Phoenix because the Suns dont HAVE cap room...they have a bunch of mediocre players on 3-yr deals...and Phoenix isn't giving up Marcin Gortat or Dragic in any Eric Gordon deal...take a look at the Suns roster yourself and you will see. It's actually not easy to name off 5 teams that are realistic trade partners because either that team won't be willing to give up a core player, or they dont have enough expirings to get the deal done. While they may have the draft picks, the contracts that they are willing to give up are not favorable to the Hornets and won't provide cap relief. At least with Gasol he is proven and will probably play a lot better on another team. But anyways, at least we agree that the Hornets shouldn't give up Anderson.
FabFourLakers

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:06 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote: :man10: ahhh, some levity, thanks. needed that. so frustrated with this season.

we all are brutha...we all are...i noticed i've been snapping at my girl lately a lot too...i was ever so loving on Friday...then on Sunday, i said some things that would have gotten a warning from TIME
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm

lakerzkb8 wrote:I dont live in LA anymore, but man the disrespect Laker fans show to their players sometimes. You guys literally run people out of town if they arent giving you want you want. After Kobe retires I can see myself turning into just a casual NBA fan the way I am with the NFL. Not down with fans who are spoiled and feel their entitled to everything.

ANYWAY. Whatever happens with Pau I hope he comes back to form soon and shuts everyone up. Either that or goes somewhere where hes respected a little more. Guy brought us back into contention after a few painful years of mediocrity and this is how we thank him. We run him out of town. Our leader disrespects him and says put your big boy pants on ( kobe should put play some defense and accept some responsibility too but all i ever hear him say is im still a bad muthaeffer....ok kobe.). Fans nickname him Gasoft. :man10: . Lame. Hes not the only person on this roster who needs to step his game up. Theres no justification to belittling a player on OUR team. Dont give me the hes being paid this that and a third talk. The contract is what it is.

Oh boy, more preaching about what bad fans we are, first we needed to leave poor Mike Brown alone, now we should be nicer to the guy making 19 million dollars a year to play basketball that's playing like he's satisfied with his career as is. You keep on hoping he returns to form, we've all been waiting since the 2011 playoffs for him to return to form, pretty much a year and a half, we're into a 3rd season of waiting for him to return to form. So yeah, good luck with that waiting and hoping. LA and it's spoiled, disrespectful fans expect more, that's just how it is.

lakerzkb8 wrote:As fans its our job to help team/player morale not make things worse.

No, it's not. Nowhere did I read that in my job description as fan when I took the job, and I'm pretty tired of being told how to be a fan. You be a fan your way, I'll be one my way. Nice that you have some perspective having left LA though, I guess it's a bad town that makes you spoiled and ungrateful or something. Not sure how that applies to me in the OC in Anaheim, or fans in Hawaii, or Spain, or Agentina, or Poland, or many of the other countries represented here that voice their opinions on Pau just as strongly.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Juronimo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

icencream27 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:2009: The intensity, the passion, the hunger...I swear, this seems like a completely different man. I loved watching this mix, brought back great memories.

WOW....It's like I was in a dream watching that video. It also felt like I was watching a tribute video of a person who died and now were celebrating the good times we remember. I don't mean for this to be funny but it's just dramatic and stunning how night and day Pau was 3 years ago compared to today. Just look at how he finished around the basket back then...all the dunks, jumping ability, and quickness

Kind of sad watching that video because the music went so perfectly with him and all the memories.

I have faith that he still has got it. The past 2 years he hasn't beena featured as much as Bynum and Howard so he feels lef out . When his confidence is there, you'll see that pau come back

I'd love nothing more than to see that happen again. Man he was so good back then.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Watching that Gasol video a few pages back just makes you believe that he still has GOT to have something left in the tank. I think he is making the right decision. Rest, and if he can be even 75% of what he used to be we will be doing just fine.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Pau running down that lose ball and going in for the fastbreak dunk vs. the Magic in the finals was the fastest I've seen him move in years.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Pau getting rested = more minutes for Hill. They're showcasing him. Hill might be the one most likely moved to fill in the other needs of the team he has a friendly contract as well

Even if Jamison goes off tonight I hope that doesn't affect Pau's spot on the team...Jamison is 36 after all

D'Antoni just said Pau is out tomorrow for NOLA game as well

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby themasterphil on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 pm

I hope he is traded....the Pau as we know end when Phil kick him in dallas series, that was the end....Josh Smith..oohhhh yes
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm

https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/276109654231224320

Pau said an MRI on knees is possible after Lakers return home early Saturday. Safe to say he won't play in NO or OKC

Its basically the Kobe and Howard show now. Time for Kobe to go on those epic 40 point games hopefully guys like Hill, Meeks, MWP rally around him.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm

https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/276110222098038784

Pau said knee pain and stiffness led to plays he didn't get to or finish "a couple times every game, and it's been frustrating."

https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/276110984106622976

Pau has finished games "very sore" but has resisted sitting out "especially when things haven't been going so well" for Lakers.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

I still believe in Pau, get your rest but come back strong :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Excuses. And now he is running and hiding. Not all of his passiveness and bumbling can be attributed to....nevermind. When the going gets tough...the soft let the team hit the road without him.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby raviator on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:I still believe in Pau, get your rest but come back strong :jam2:

+1 Although he's frustrating us with his play, he's still one of my favorite Lakers. If he does end up getting traded, I'll go with it, but I really hope he can get those knees right and at least be half the Pau of 09-10.
raviator

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Excuses. And now he is running and hiding. Not all of his passiveness and bumbling can be attributed to....nevermind. When the going gets tough...the soft let the team hit the road without him.

While watching the games it's obvious his knees are causing him trouble. He can hardly jump for rebounds or when he has to finish a dunk/layup. He's probably thinking he needs to get to 100% in order to fully help this team. I too have my doubts about Pau returning to his 09-10 days, but I'll wait until he's completely healthy and Nash returns before I completely write him off.
XXIV

Postby LOSLAKERS on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Pau is such a rare talent. A big man with a really soft touch and passing abilities. The only problem is his consistency which could possibly trace back to him being "soft". Either he won't try as hard as a 7fter should, or he won't try as hard because something's on his mind. We've been down this road before and while we have won 2 championships with him, that's a thing of the past. I really think it's time to move him. We could probably get some decent pieces better suited for D'antoni's system. Having a bunch of good role players IMO is always going to be better for consistency than counting on one "star".
LOSLAKERS

Postby lotus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Pau is as good as gone. ESPN saying Kobe says he loves him like a brother. That's just going to soften the blow for when he's traded.
lotus

Postby KJ MonK on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:02 pm

I don't understand why Pau can't fly home and get the MRI now instead of waiting til the end of the trip if he's not going to play anyway :man3:

Kobe goes for 52 and 30,000 tonight?
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Agreed. Pau shouldn't even travel if what he really needs is rest. Figures, Kobe tells him to put his big boy pants on and get ready for this stretch of road games. Pau's response -- "I am going to sit these next few out."

:bang: :disagree:
tigerjeterkobe

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:32 pm

it's obvious that pau's knees are bothering him

but what happened to playing through these minor bothersome injuries? it's an excuse from pau for his poor play
hopefully we start seeing more of jamison
432J

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Tendinitis in a big isn't really a minor bothersome injury. It's going to rob his lift, slow him down, decrease his agility. Sitting a few days could be night and day, honestly.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby l__o on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Pau is Pau. If you are going to give him so much space as he was given in Spainish National Team.
What the Lakers lacks is the team chemistry or team culture.
Just like the Heats is about transitional offense, Celtics about the toughness.
But when we see Lakers today, it is like preseason game :freak2:
l__o

Postby kosstick on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 pm

trodgers wrote:Tendinitis in a big isn't really a minor bothersome injury. It's going to rob his lift, slow him down, decrease his agility. Sitting a few days could be night and day, honestly.

Is a few days even enough to make a difference?
kosstick

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 pm

kosstick wrote:
trodgers wrote:Tendinitis in a big isn't really a minor bothersome injury. It's going to rob his lift, slow him down, decrease his agility. Sitting a few days could be night and day, honestly.

I think it CAN make a big difference. If he'd sat out Tuesday of last week, he could have had five straight days off...that would have been better.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kosstick on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm

trodgers wrote:
kosstick wrote:

I think it CAN make a big difference. If he'd sat out Tuesday of last week, he could have had five straight days off...that would have been better.

I am talking about long term, any chance it can be fine for 4 days then act up? I rather sit him two weeks straight and then bring him back. As long as it takes for this Knee Tendonitis to go away.
kosstick

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm

This loss is all on Gasol tonight.

Ohh wait....

:man6: :man6: :man6: :man6:
easyguy

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion