Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (p.270: Out 2 Games w/Concussion)

Postby TaniBoyz on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:47 pm

therealdeal wrote:Two days away?... Maybe he really is being held back for a trade...

I was thinking that too
TaniBoyz

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 am

Weezy wrote:Is it wrong that I don't want him to come back? I don't care about his talent, offensive ability, passing ability, height, length, whatever. Offense is not our problem, defense and effort/energy are. Pau IMO doesn't have hunger or passion anymore, so I'd rather play young guys hungry to get wins over Pau even if they're unproven and inconsistent, because Pau has become wildly inconsistent himself. Ya Nash said a lot of good about him, what he CAN do, but to me it's about what he WANTS to do, and I don't see a lot of want. Really I'd like to see him traded for some decent young players hungry to win and eager to play hard.

No it's not, because I have the same feelings as well. I firmly believe Gasol is a cancer on this team. Before I had my suspicions, now I'm sure. Whenever he's on the court, the feeling is always, what are they going to do with Pau, how's he going to play and it almost seems the team has to force the issue with getting him what he wants.

Getting D12/Kobe/Nash going is more important and they can offer enough fire power in the starting unit.

Hill/Clark didn't say one word about not playing and when they got the chance they gave 100% and got results. Can you say that about Pau? No, because he feels entitled at his position, while not having earned it this season.

If he sits.....he whines
If he doesn't get his touches.....he whines
If he doesn't play in the post.....he whines

He can go do that somewhere else.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Weezy wrote:Is it wrong that I don't want him to come back? I don't care about his talent, offensive ability, passing ability, height, length, whatever. Offense is not our problem, defense and effort/energy are. Pau IMO doesn't have hunger or passion anymore, so I'd rather play young guys hungry to get wins over Pau even if they're unproven and inconsistent, because Pau has become wildly inconsistent himself. Ya Nash said a lot of good about him, what he CAN do, but to me it's about what he WANTS to do, and I don't see a lot of want. Really I'd like to see him traded for some decent young players hungry to win and eager to play hard.

No it's not, because I have the same feelings as well. I firmly believe Gasol is a cancer on this team. Before I had my suspicions, now I'm sure. Whenever he's on the court, the feeling is always, what are they going to do with Pau, how's he going to play and it almost seems the team has to force the issue with getting him what he wants.

Getting D12/Kobe/Nash going is more important and they can offer enough fire power in the starting unit.

Hill/Clark didn't say one word about not playing and when they got the chance they gave 100% and got results. Can you say that about Pau? No, because he feels entitled at his position, while not having earned it this season.

If he sits.....he whines
If he doesn't get his touches.....he whines
If he doesn't play in the post.....he whines

He can go do that somewhere else.

Both of you are 100% correct ... we don't need Pau "shrug of shoulders" attitude ... he's not the only pbs this team but he's one of the biggest ones imo .... weak mentality , will and his new Scola like athleticism make him a liability .

Clark and Hill are (were) clearly bringing more to the table than Pau ... less IQ and less talent but more energy , better attitude and athleticism

Last but not least , who cares about touches , it's all about team D at this point ... Pau is not a good fit at the 4 and his poor mentality increases this pb
wcsoldier81

Postby John3:16 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:01 am

therealdeal wrote:Two days away?... Maybe he really is being held back for a trade...

Don't tease me.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 am

TaniBoyz wrote:

I was thinking that too

yeah, i know it's probably wishful thinking, but the timing is odd.
abeer3

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am

yea he's not faking it just saddens me that he has the recovery time of a snail, just like his game.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 am

John3:16 wrote:

Don't tease me.

At this point I'm teasing myself. I'd love if we could flip him for some hungry guy(s). Just imagine if we could trade him for a couple of young athletes. We'd be able to run all we wanted and we wouldn't need to worry about defense as much.

The team definitely clicked last night without him on the floor. What Clark provides with just his athleticism and hard work is more than what Gasol is giving us.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Pau Gasol won't play tomorrow against Milwaukee. Gasol will "probably" be reexamined tomorrow, according to team
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Pau Gasol won't play tomorrow against Milwaukee. Gasol will "probably" be reexamined tomorrow, according to team

He's got to be getting traded at this point right?... They're just holding him out.

There's no way that's not what this means.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

^Wow. I thought he would have been playing tomorrow.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby XXIV on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 pm

There's no way that concussion is still affecting him, he's either failing the test on purpose or the team is close to trading him.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 pm

XXIV wrote:There's no way that concussion is still affecting him, he's either failing the test on purpose or the team is close to trading him.

I'm not exactly sure you can purposely fail a concussion test, its not all just questions, I'm sure theres a neurologist there just like in NFL thats doing other things then asking him how he feels and this and that.
khmrP

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm

This is just odd. The timing of this is what has me perplexed...since tomorrow is officially the day when all NBA players could be traded.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby karacha on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:What Clark provides with just his athleticism and hard work is more than what Gasol is giving us.

Unfortunately, yes. Imagine what we could do with the guy who had a lot of talent in addition to being young, athletic and hungry. The Lakers immediately look a lot better when some young, fast guys start playing with purpose. Dwight comes back, Clark continues working hard -- and suddenly our defense looks completely different. Pau is such an awesome talent, but it almost looks like he doesn't feel like playing anymore. Not always, of course, but often. This bothers me, and I know I'm not the only one.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Hes passive aggressive to begin with it so the more his teammates got bigger role he was happier to oblige and get out of the way. This talk about needing and wanting more shots in the post is just BS excuses we've been hearing for years now. And besides that has nothing to do with his poor defense. Hes just full of it.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
:jam2:
Cheering that Clark gets to start again, not that Gasol is still not feeling good.
D.B. Cooper

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm

lets hope it is a trade cause if its not its pretty wack he's out this long, like I said some football players have gotten even more severe type of concussion then how Pau got his and some have been cleared within a week to play.
khmrP

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:34 pm

I agree with Real -- they must be shopping him, knowing that he is like Mr. Glass now and that any play time risks another injury that could last beyond the deadline.

So many of us want him moved. Had we not lost Hill, I would have bet that he would have been moved before February 21. Now, with Dwight still dinged and Sacre being so raw, I am not sure they will move him absent a great deal.

That said: what on earth do you guys think we could get for him RIGHT NOW, when he is at nearly rock bottom value?????? Better question, who needs a big and wants to fit him in at 20 mill per? List those teams, then look for 3 team deals to make the #s work. I don't think there are many.

Minny?
Boston?
Charlotte?

I am just not seeing many takers for him. He will have to accept a bench roll and 20-24 mins per game. Who knows, maybe he will thrive with that. :disagree:
tigerjeterkobe

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

He's got to be getting traded at this point right?... They're just holding him out.

There's no way that's not what this means.

the best trades are the ones we never hear about.

i'll take kevin love even though he'll be out weeks.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm

That's the thing. Its easy to say young, hungry athletic bodies that can defend and hit the three, but who is out there that qualifies that's on the block? We're stuck with Gasol unless we want to give him away for pieces that might become decent like a D-Will from Minny pcked with AK 47. Not sure what that does for us though.
Savory Griddles

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:That's the thing. Its easy to say young, hungry athletic bodies that can defend and hit the three, but who is out there that qualifies that's on the block? We're stuck with Gasol unless we want to give him away for pieces that might become decent like a D-Will from Minny pcked with AK 47. Not sure what that does for us though.

better glue guy, especially AK47, who does all the lil things that help a team win and wont complain bout touches. Dwill I dont know what his game is like but couldn't hurt to add another young guy thats athletic/explosive.
khmrP

Postby abeer3 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 pm

no way adelman trades kirilenko for pau, imo. i'd take him in a heartbeat. talk about a glue guy.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

khmrP wrote:
XXIV wrote:There's no way that concussion is still affecting him, he's either failing the test on purpose or the team is close to trading him.

I'm not exactly sure you can purposely fail a concussion test, its not all just questions, I'm sure theres a neurologist there just like in NFL thats doing other things then asking him how he feels and this and that.

Of course you can. You purposely do poorly on the initial test, that way you always look fine when you're actually concussed. Polomalu admitted to doing it and most players do too. It's very simple
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Minny signed Kirilenko to that big 2 year deal so that they can match salaries with us to pull off a Pau deal. We still keep our flexibility and they get Pau. :man1:
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:56 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Of course you can. You purposely do poorly on the initial test, that way you always look fine when you're actually concussed. Polomalu admitted to doing it and most players do too. It's very simple

Polomalu lied bout his symptons so he could PLAY, we're talking bout Pau here :man10:
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion