Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: Pau-er surge!

Postby bystander on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:28 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
karacha wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
karacha wrote:
Somehow, I have a feeling Mitch is going to try and re-sign Pau cheap. Random thought, I know.

I can see it too..... Kobe seems to really want him here....
It won't be for less than 10M.

If that happens (I mean, the $10M+ part) I'll seriously have to question Mitch's judgement.

Keep in mind , Mitch hasn't the final say when it comes to B-Ball decision .... if the Lakers want to keep Pau , they can't sell him an under the market value deal after the extension Kobe just signed ... so yeah it would be around 10 millions.... which I agree would be a disaster

I wouldn't be surprised if Pau resigns for $14-15M after Kobe's contract.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Kobe gets a big extension, no talks for an extension with Pau.....

His play has looked terrible the last two games. Anyone surprised?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Pau's usually pretty good at defending last second shots, he even blocks a lot of them, don't know what happened on that one but at least it didn't go in I guess. Side note, KG still pushes him around like it's easy, and Pau one time pushed Dwight around like nothing, how weak is Dwight? :mhihi:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:16 am

To be fair , refs let KG foul the ish of Pau down the stretch ... I'm not a fan of blowing the whistle on every little contact but there is a difference between being physical and just fouling ...
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:54 am

Btw he is now 2nd European in NBA career points behind Dirk

Darius Soriano
‏@forumbluegold
Pau's averages the last 5 games: 18.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.6 blocks, 52.5% shooting. His shot chart:
wcsoldier81

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:To be fair , refs let KG foul the ish of Pau down the stretch ... I'm not a fan of blowing the whistle on every little contact but there is a difference between being physical and just fouling ...

No bleep. It's kind of hard to make preparation for receiving the ball in position when at the same time you have a guy going MMA on you and having to "stand your ground" with him first. WTF on that??
LTLakerFan

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:16 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Btw he is now 2nd European in NBA career points behind Dirk

Darius Soriano
‏@forumbluegold
Pau's averages the last 5 games: 18.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.6 blocks, 52.5% shooting. His shot chart:

He's still not taking enough of his shots in the paint or giving effort on defense consistently. It's an improvement over his terrible start but still nowhere near justifying being the 8th highest paid player in the league. I hope Pau realizes that come negotiation time & comes back at a great value to thank us(Kobe) for not dumping him the last 3 seasons.
LakersN4

Postby Basketball Fan on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:53 pm

He'll appear on the Late Late Show December 3
Basketball Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Anyone surprised that since Kobe got his contract extension, Pau has gone down the pooper?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby SK8 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:21 pm

This guy..........is just............nahh i don't even have words to describe him :man8:
Right now i would rather have Amare Stoudemire than this guy, at least Amare would play with a lot of hearth and energy, and we pay Pau 19$m just to pick&pop and play no D, wow.
He is not getting new contract here, even Kobe can't save his sorry ***
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Center Court on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Anyone surprised that since Kobe got his contract extension, Pau has gone down the pooper?

No because Pau is what the word pansy was created to describe.

I hope MDA swallows his pride and plays Kaman in place of Pau.
Center Court

Postby karacha on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm speechless.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Outplayed by Rob Sacre.

I'm sure the LOLCats would take him for Ben Gordon and a throw in. That's about all he's been worth since Kobe got his deal.
Doc Brown

Postby wallangong on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:02 pm

With each passing game, my desire to trade Pau grows. He just doesn't fit in with this team. Everyone else hustles and makes an effort in all aspects of the game. If Pau isn't efficient on offense, he hurts more than he helps. Trade Pau for whatever, insert Kaman as the starting Center, thus making sure we have a nice, versatile rotation of players who care.

I used to defend Pau but I'm just over the guy. Thanks for helping with those 2 titles but those days are gone.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Weezy on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm tired of the weak play. If you don't care, get out for players that do care. I don't care if he's been averaging 19 PPG on 50% or whatever, I care about rebounds and paint protection and effort.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Damn I really like Pau Gasol and rooting him to do well every game to help the team for us. Pau please redeem yourself
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Nashty Gal on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

He really helped us tonight when he didn't play in the 4th quarter :jam2:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 pm

great human being, declining basketball player. pau you gotta bring more to the table than this weak ish.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't watch a lot of post game interviews lately, so I legitimately ask......has there been any excuse as to why he continues to not get his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in the paint on a consistent basis??????? the dwight excuse is no longer valid obviously. has anyone asked him or any explanation given??? i'll even take a non-responsive response at this point.

and the "it's the offense we run" excuse is no longer valid either....even sacre gets his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in the paint.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby Weezy on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Ha, Pau jokes are easy

@KamBrothers: Well played. AK RT @WstCoast_Johnny: RT @KamBrothers @MarkG_Medina: Pau says he's getting MRI tomorrow on his ankle" Is he doing it himself?

@KamBrothers: I imagine after the results of Pau's MRI come in, he'll then go to himself for a second opinion. AK

@KevinDing: Pau, planning MRI on sore right ankle Mon, "wasn't upset" about sitting whole 4Q b/c D'Antoni likes "units" and team was making a big run.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Outplayed by Rob Sacre.

I'm sure the LOLCats would take him for Ben Gordon and a throw in. That's about all he's been worth since Kobe got his deal.
Seriously.. If they don't plan on offering him another deal next summer he has to be traded for any combo of expirings we can get.. I'm not sure any team can build a package of mostly expiring contracts that comes close enough to Pau's salary for the deal to work without including a player that will be better for this team than Pau. If Mitch could manage to throw in Nash without taking on any long term salary that limits our flexibility I'd consider it a win even if the best player in the package was an 7-9th man in our rotation.
LakersN4

Postby kblo247 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Pau and hill both sucked. Hill is skating but he's been awful too now that he's been given starters minutes as his fragile body and has tank can't handle it. They were both punked like little kittens on defense, bent over like Jenna Haze on the gas, and shooting blanks on O.

They both need to be traded and Hill should be angled like a first round pick would be.

Sacre, Williams, and Wes outright competed harder than them on the interior, like true men, who let their will make up for any lack of perceived skill. Those two don't even deserve to walk in the locker room tonight, they need to be taking their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] to El Segundo and getting in reps
kblo247

Postby kenzo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 am

Pau making sure he stays a Laker for the rest of the season... :freak2:
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:58 am

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 5 h
Pau continually hurts the Lakers with his weakside position and effort on defense.
wcsoldier81

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 5 h
Pau continually hurts the Lakers with his weakside position and effort on defense.

Absolutely right! :mad1: :mad1:
denimPortugal

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion