Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: Pau-thetic!

Postby Slurpee22 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m

Hearing the Gasol-Bynum proposed deal not likely to happen.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! >_<
Slurpee22

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m

Hearing the Gasol-Bynum proposed deal not likely to happen.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! >_<

I don't know why you'd get your hopes up for this or any trade involving Pau, we've nene hearing he will be traded for years now. If it happens it happens, but the guy has 9 lives with the lakers, it seems to take something incredible to actually get him traded.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Slurpee22 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't know why you'd get your hopes up for this or any trade involving Pau, we've nene hearing he will be traded for years now. If it happens it happens, but the guy has 9 lives with the lakers, it seems to take something incredible to actually get him traded.

Actually, this is the best chance to trade him because of his massive expiring contract and also because a lot of EC teams are in need of a star calibre player who can take them to the playoffs... I just don't understand what the heck this management is doing.... they are fooling us... I seriously hope season ticket holders boycott Jim Buss.... he is slowing taking us down the ocean.
Slurpee22

Postby Slurpee22 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:42 pm

If DA's report is true, then it means that the Lakers aren't ready to throw the season away just to save 20M in cap-money, the Lakers want to make a trade to make us better for this year and the future... but what kind of dumb team would actually give up something for a aging big-man?
Slurpee22

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:If DA's report is true, then it means that the Lakers aren't ready to throw the season away just to save 20M in cap-money, the Lakers want to make a trade to make us better for this year and the future... but what kind of dumb team would actually give up something for a aging big-man?

Gasol may be old, but at least he's playing.

Bynum isn't doing anything for Cleveland right now.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:Thanks, I figured I was being to crazy with the trade idea... anyways RealDeal... at the end do you see the Lakers moving Gasol... and do you think Mitch will pull a rabbit out of his hat and get us good value out of the trade?

It's either one or the other. If Mitch can't pull a rabbit out of his hat, this deal isn't happening.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:41 pm

revgen wrote:
Slurpee22 wrote:If DA's report is true, then it means that the Lakers aren't ready to throw the season away just to save 20M in cap-money, the Lakers want to make a trade to make us better for this year and the future... but what kind of dumb team would actually give up something for a aging big-man?

It is at least 14/10 compared to nothing at all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:19 am

According to ESPN.com talks have stalled between the Cavs & Lakers.... typical of the Lakers they always want to lowball teams to give up one of there best young talents but it doesn't work that way... and now in typical Laker fashion... they are most likely gonna say that everything will be well if everyone returns from Injuries... stupid goons LOL
Slurpee22

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 am

Slurpee22 wrote:According to ESPN.com talks have stalled between the Cavs & Lakers.... typical of the Lakers they always want to lowball teams to give up one of there best young talents but it doesn't work that way... and now in typical Laker fashion... they are most likely gonna say that everything will be well if everyone returns from Injuries... stupid goons LOL

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 am

@SamAmicoFSO 6m

#Lakers basically feel #Cavs have nowhere else to go on possible Bynum deal. Likely right. LA willing to wait it out.

I seriously do not understand, what the heck the Cavs management is doing; we are basically giving them a free-ride to the playoffs by giving up a all-star calibre player and they don't even want to give us a young talent from there roster? I thought currently... the Lakers management is the worse in the league... but the Cavs are reaching low.
Slurpee22

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:56 am

Some Cavs fan from LG.net is saying that the Lakers are in discussions to acquire Paul Pierce.... if that deal happens... I will seriously boycott this season and not watch a single game....
Slurpee22

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Pierce? Now I've heard everything.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 pm

No. He said the Cavs were in discussions to acquire PP because of their weakness at the SF position.

Frankly, I don't buy it. Pierce is playing gawd-awful, and he's not a guy Kyrie can run P&R with. They want Pau because of his P&R capabilities with Kyrie.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Eh, to be completely honest, if I were Cleveland I wouldn't want Pau at all. Yeah, 15/10 is something compared to getting no production from sitting Bynum ... but those are empty numbers. Pau is inefficient offensively, a black hole defensively, and his "star power" would force him to be a heavy part of the rotation eating into the playing time of Thompson/Varejao. If Cleveland's goal is to make the playoffs, I don't think Pau helps them significantly in that.

More importantly, Cleveland's goal SHOULDN'T be to make the playoffs. They're just not a good team and squeaking into the playoff picture of a historically weak Eastern conference isn't going to do much to persuade Lebron to return. They'd be better off letting the season play out and get another high lottery pick.
Helljumper

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Helljumper wrote:Eh, to be completely honest, if I were Cleveland I wouldn't want Pau at all. Yeah, 15/10 is something compared to getting no production from sitting Bynum ... but those are empty numbers. Pau is inefficient offensively, a black hole defensively, and his "star power" would force him to be a heavy part of the rotation eating into the playing time of Thompson/Varejao. If Cleveland's goal is to make the playoffs, I don't think Pau helps them significantly in that.

I think playing with Irving, Gasol will likely average 19/10 in Cleveland, let's not forget Mike Brown did a much better job getting better production out of Gasol then MDA has.....

Helljumper wrote:More importantly, Cleveland's goal SHOULDN'T be to make the playoffs. They're just not a good team and squeaking into the playoff picture of a historically weak Eastern conference isn't going to do much to persuade Lebron to return. They'd be better off letting the season play out and get another high lottery pick.

they need revenue sharing and getting to the playoffs.. gives them that... let's not act like getting to the playoffs in the EC is a hard task.... every bottom feeder team in the EC has a chance to make the playoffs.
Slurpee22

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:Some Cavs fan from LG.net is saying that the Lakers are in discussions to acquire Paul Pierce.... if that deal happens... I will seriously boycott this season and not watch a single game....

Start posting links to credited people coming up with these rumors.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
Helljumper wrote:Eh, to be completely honest, if I were Cleveland I wouldn't want Pau at all. Yeah, 15/10 is something compared to getting no production from sitting Bynum ... but those are empty numbers. Pau is inefficient offensively, a black hole defensively, and his "star power" would force him to be a heavy part of the rotation eating into the playing time of Thompson/Varejao. If Cleveland's goal is to make the playoffs, I don't think Pau helps them significantly in that.

I think playing with Irving, Gasol will likely average 19/10 in Cleveland, let's not forget Mike Brown did a much better job getting better production out of Gasol then MDA has.....

Pau never even averaged 19 points during his prime as a Laker. Now he's going to do that as a 33 year old under an utterly incompetent offensive head coach? Mike Brown didn't get better production out of Pau. Pau just happened to be a bit better because he was two years younger and still had things to prove after the CP3 trade.

Slurpee22 wrote:
Helljumper wrote:More importantly, Cleveland's goal SHOULDN'T be to make the playoffs. They're just not a good team and squeaking into the playoff picture of a historically weak Eastern conference isn't going to do much to persuade Lebron to return. They'd be better off letting the season play out and get another high lottery pick.

they need revenue sharing and getting to the playoffs.. gives them that... let's not act like getting to the playoffs in the EC is a hard task.... every bottom feeder team in the EC has a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm not acting like making the playoffs in the EC is a hard task. It's easy as hell. That's exactly my point. Why would Lebron or any other prospective free agent be impressed by Cleveland making the playoffs just to end up getting obliterated by Miami/Indiana?
Helljumper

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Helljumper wrote:Pau never even averaged 19 points during his prime as a Laker. Now he's going to do that as a 33 year old under an utterly incompetent offensive head coach? Mike Brown didn't get better production out of Pau. Pau just happened to be a bit better because he was two years younger and still had things to prove after the CP3 trade.

Pau also never had the chance to play with a young superstar PG like Irving.

Helljumper wrote:I'm not acting like making the playoffs in the EC is a hard task. It's easy as hell. That's exactly my point. Why would Lebron or any other prospective free agent be impressed by Cleveland making the playoffs just to end up getting obliterated by Miami/Indiana?

This has nothing to do with Impressing potential star FAs to come to Cleveland in the summer, there notorious nutjob GM.. Gilbert is tired of being in the lottery.
Slurpee22

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:58 pm

I get the sense, that the Lakers have a deal lined up just in case the Cleveland trade completely falls apart, I don't think the Lakers are stupid to just take on Bynum and just throw away the season, the Lakers know they can't convince fans to take a year off... it's not in there motive....
Slurpee22

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Helljumper wrote:Yeah, 15/10 is something compared to getting no production from sitting Bynum ... but those are empty numbers. Pau is inefficient offensively, a black hole defensively, and his "star power" would force him to be a heavy part of the rotation eating into the playing time of Thompson/Varejao.

I agree. But one thing that helps is that if Varejao/Pau are on the floor together, at least the Cavs have a rim protector. Outside of that, acquiring Pau is simply a move to shed salary and switch things up in a completely sub par season for the Cavs.
Chillbongo

Postby CarFlagChris on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

karacha wrote:
revgen wrote:

It is at least 14/10 compared to nothing at all.

Making the trade to save $$$ means Lakers' pride is dead and Jim Buss is now like Donald Sterling - only caring about $$$.

How many championships did the Clippers win after tanking?
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 pm

^ It's a whole different story with the new CBA.

We can't just spend money and live with it anymore. Our players are aging, and the better players want to play for teams contending now. We're in a process of rebuilding, what's not to get?
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby XXIV on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:45 pm

If we can trade Pau for Bynum along with a couple of pieces that can help us for the future I'm all for it. We the new CBA we can no longer just reply on FA alone, we need to also build through the draft.
XXIV

Postby Slurpee22 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Ramona Shelburne on 710 ESPN:

Summarizing:

70% chance that this deal happens because it makes financial sense for the Lakers in the future.

If Cleveland throws in a 1st round pick, this deal would've been done already.

This is from LG.net so it looks like this deal seemingly got back on after it stalled... I wonder if the Lakers can somehow get a 3rd team involved and get 2 good players out of the deal?
Slurpee22

Postby Weezy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
Ramona Shelburne on 710 ESPN:

Summarizing:

70% chance that this deal happens because it makes financial sense for the Lakers in the future.

If Cleveland throws in a 1st round pick, this deal would've been done already.

This is from LG.net so it looks like this deal seemingly got back on after it stalled... I wonder if the Lakers can somehow get a 3rd team involved and get 2 good players out of the deal?

Whoever posted that on LG gave no link, no further details on what show or what time she said it, so I'm not putting a lot of stock in it. I see no updated story on it, She hasn't tweeted about it, I'm not sure if she even said it. As soon as that was posted I went on my ESPN radio la app and rewound the max and Marcellus show and she wasn't on there at all, so if she was on it would have had to be the show before that. Not saying I don't believe she said it, but how reliable is she even if she did?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion