Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Thread: #vamos #juntos #lakercorazon

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:13 am

i hope pau can have a resurgence, and if anything increase his value at the deadline.

think we still need to shop him around as a guy that can elevate a playoff team and a massive expiring.
Pig Miller

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 am

LooN3y wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Pau really made Coward's life a lot easier. It'll be interesting to see how Pau moves the ball in this offense. I think we'll see some fun plays and some frustrating times, but hopefully Pau can really help move the ball more.

damn man, i hate coward, but those alley oops though

Pau's passing ability made Coward relevant offensively. Unless he starts buying in to pick and rolls again with the Rockets, Coward is going to have a really tough time creating any offense. He has no post game whatsoever.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:12 pm

:man10:

@flea333: if d'antoni keeps @paugasol out on the perimeter again this season im gonna eat rat poison @SteveNash @kobebryant

He also looks like he's working hard to get back and tweeted this the other day

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 17 Sep

In Slovenia my preparation continues. In less than two weeks our training camp will start! @Lakers all day!

And this cool pic of the new jersey

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 19 Sep

What do you think about our newest uniforms?! I can't wait to play some games with it! #HollywoodNights @Lakers

Pau GasolVerified account ‏@paugasol

Otra foto de nuestra nueva camiseta! Me encanta! Another pic of our new uniforms! I love it!

I like how much gold they have down the side, it's not just a small stripe, it's enough to really stand out.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:24 pm

therealdeal wrote:
LooN3y wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Pau really made Coward's life a lot easier. It'll be interesting to see how Pau moves the ball in this offense. I think we'll see some fun plays and some frustrating times, but hopefully Pau can really help move the ball more.

damn man, i hate coward, but those alley oops though

Pau's passing ability made Coward relevant offensively. Unless he starts buying in to pick and rolls again with the Rockets, Coward is going to have a really tough time creating any offense. He has no post game whatsoever.

^^ Some very nice offensive highlights even for a rough season last year. Pau's left hand hook is a thing of beauty. He's still the most skilled big man in the game. Last year he was hobbled with the injuries. The year before he was playing second fiddle to Bynum. The year before that he had no heart whatsoever.

It's going to be very interesting to see if Pau can revitalize his career this year. If there was ever a time to do it, it's right now. He's going to be playing for probably his last contract. Kobe's down and Pau needs to step it up while he gets back into game shape.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:37 pm

As long as Pau's healthy, I have a feeling he'll be really exciting to watch this season. At some points electrifying and at some points infuriating, but exciting.

This offense is going to open up the rim for him, he's going to have plenty of room to operate. He's going to move the ball really well and keep defenses on their toes. It's going to be really fun to watch.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Yeah, for some reason I think he's going to play much better this season. He just needs to stay healthy.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm

We have been "hoping" for him to get better, stronger, and more aggressive since the Dallas sweep. Injuries or not, he has little lift to rebound or block shots, does not like to bang for position, flips shots at the rim rather than dunk (90 percent of the time), and no longer hits his elbow and baseline jumpers as well, especially in the clutch, and clangs FTs in the clutch moments too. We need to trade him for athletic pieces and picks in December (which will still be 3 Decembers too late)..
tigerjeterkobe

Postby kenzo on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Weezy wrote:He also looks like he's working hard to get back and tweeted this the other day

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 17 Sep

In Slovenia my preparation continues. In less than two weeks our training camp will start! @Lakers all day!

Can't do a regular pull up, ehh :man12:... or the bar was not high enough :man9:
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:We have been "hoping" for him to get better, stronger, and more aggressive since the Dallas sweep. Injuries or not, he has little lift to rebound or block shots, does not like to bang for position, flips shots at the rim rather than dunk (90 percent of the time), and no longer hits his elbow and baseline jumpers as well, especially in the clutch, and clangs FTs in the clutch moments too. We need to trade him for athletic pieces and picks in December (which will still be 3 Decembers too late)..

But the injuries he was plagued with all season last year of course would affect his lift. Knees and very painful feet. He had the plantar fasciitis nearly all season I believe and actually tore the plantar fascia. That's not something you'd hope for if you want to jump. Just saying, hopefully those issues are all much better this year. Now if you bring up he didn't jump the year before either I'm still hoping he's more able this year, and it is that contract year. A lot of motivation. But he needs the lower body healthy.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Fortunately for Pau, he's 7 feet tall. He doesn't need much lift to block shots or rebound. Man on man, he's actually decent at blocking shots. Rebounding, with the team rotating correctly on defense and help from Hill, it shouldn't be a problem.

The biggest issue with Pau will be help defense. It won't be there, he can't move his feet fast enough. Which is where Hill needs to step in and provide.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Weezy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 am

@paugasol: Good morning my friends! Today I fly back to LA! Long flight but I can't wait to start practicing with our team.

Pau is finally on his way back from Spain, the whole team is almost back together and back to work, media day the 28th, first preseason game like 10 days away, starting to get excited for Laker basketball.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby jlkr on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:40 pm

sleepy head as a result time zone change portend a slow start in camp. give it a week and hopefully he get it going.. go Pau!
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Center Court on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Man, watching those highlights with Dwight and Pau make me wonder what could have been (in the triangle)...
Center Court

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm

I want to see Pau Smash again. I have faith in the Pau smash.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 24m
Gasol’s philosophy on offense: “If I get the ball and a teammate has a better shot, he is going to get the ball.”
Expand

20 games in and he we will be hearing his passive aggressive talk......

"Well I'm just not getting enough shots where I want them...."
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm not sure about that.... With the Kobe injury, he'll get more shots then usual. Him, SwaggyP and Farmar will have to chuck a lot of shots.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:11 pm

karacha wrote:I'm not sure about that.... With the Kobe injury, he'll get more shots then usual. Him, SwaggyP and Farmar will have to chuck a lot of shots.

if he's available in the 3rd round of our draft, i'm picking him up
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have three future Hall of Famers on their roster in Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol, but none of them will be in the lineup in the team's exhibition opener Saturday against the Golden State Warriors. Bryant being a scratch, of course, is no surprise. He is in Germany for a knee procedure until early next week and also continues to rehab the Achilles in his left leg. ESPN.com
Ariza3

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 24m
Gasol’s philosophy on offense: “If I get the ball and a teammate has a better shot, he is going to get the ball.”
Expand

*waiting for Rooscooter* :man10:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby karacha on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Well, it if's truly a better shot... :man11:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Looks decent so far. I hope he can get his lift back on his shots. Hopefully it's just an issue of getting in shape after his surgery.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Paus' still rusty and fatigued. He's been off all summer from surgery.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Well, he said it's the first real basketball he's played in months, so it could have been worse.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Rusty & fatigued is one way to describe him tonight.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lakerfan2 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Bynum gone. Dwight gone. Still shooting jumpers and not in the post. :bang:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion