Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby kenzo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

If MDA experiment doesn't work out... we'll be left with "strange" roster :man5:
kenzo

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 am

Pau used to be more aggressive around the basket.... and even on the perimeter, his moves simply seem to be more decisive in that video, right? He knew what he wanted to do: jumpers, dribbles, hooks, dunks. Now, it seems he's thinking about everything for a split second before he executes a move. He's obviously slower, not as explosive. He's still an awesome passer though.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
icencream27 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:2009: The intensity, the passion, the hunger...I swear, this seems like a completely different man. I loved watching this mix, brought back great memories.

WOW....It's like I was in a dream watching that video. It also felt like I was watching a tribute video of a person who died and now were celebrating the good times we remember. I don't mean for this to be funny but it's just dramatic and stunning how night and day Pau was 3 years ago compared to today. Just look at how he finished around the basket back then...all the dunks, jumping ability, and quickness

Kind of sad watching that video because the music went so perfectly with him and all the memories.

I have faith that he still has got it. The past 2 years he hasn't beena featured as much as Bynum and Howard so he feels lef out . When his confidence is there, you'll see that pau come back

There's nothing more I would love than for Pau to hold that trophy up once again with the Lakers after the tough time & criticism he has been receiving.

this is why i want pau to start off in the post than dwight, dwight doesnt know wth hes doing except for that same post move he had in orlando that turn on hook shot.
LooN3y

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 am

Poor Pau? :man10: :freak2: .........dude is making nearly $20mill/yr, gives it his all to his NATIONAL team for basically FREE, while our team shelling out elite type salary to him for barely 1/4 of the same effort he showed several months back during the olympics. Should be poor US fans that have to watch this guy getting balled up by that fatass Davis.
khmrP

Postby kosstick on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... m_D_League

Hmm... Could this mean a trade is dare I say "Imminent" but for who Hill or Pau?
kosstick

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am

there's no saving Pau, Nash can only help him with getting better looks, its still up to Pau to want to be aggressive and stay that way and I just dont see it as long as he's not a primary focus on Offense.
khmrP

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 am

Greatest of All Time wrote:Granger for Pau is not even remotely plausible.

Bargnani is softer than Pau. It's embarassing you'd even want him over Pau Gasol.

Derrick Williams in a straight salary dump huh? It's embarassing you'd suggest salary dumping Pau and completely throw away the entire season. I feel ashamed as a Laker fan that a fellow Laker fan is even entertaining the idea of throwing the season away in a Pau salary dump.

some 3 way with Denver? What's that supposed to even mean? Who's the third team that's taking Pau Gasol and what does Denver get out of it? Absolutely zero analysis or insight. Emarassing # 3

Embarassing.

Just embarassing.

lol. You have zero concept of reality and though yo put this great effort into your posts... they are all pretty off base.

And read the news today.. Buss prefers to dump his salary. So you keep living in NBA2k world and the rest of us will look at the realty of the situation- which is Pau ain't gonna bring us anything big time.
Center Court

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 am

Pau not playing tonight

https://twitter.com/MedinaLakersNBA/status/276017224567894016

Pau Gasol is not playing tonight bc of tendonitis in both of his knees. He is listed as day to day

Lets see how life without Pau goes for a night

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:47 am

What I don't understand about Pau is where his back to the basket game went?

When Kobe got hurt, he went to the post, not settle for jumpers.

He's 7 feet tall, can use both hands, yet now settles for fadeaways and hooks from 10 feet out. What happened to faking right and going left? What happened to the fakes and footwork?

I want that Pau back.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 am

We'll be fine. I wonder if there is more to that tendinitis story. I'm not suggesting anything here. :man12:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am

lakerfan2 wrote:What I don't understand about Pau is where his back to the basket game went?

He's 7 feet tall, can use both hands, yet now settles for fadeaways and hooks from 10 feet out. What happened to faking right and going left? What happened to the fakes and footwork?

I want that Pau back.

Sorry, fadeaway Pau who lands on the floor after the shot is what you get.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kosstick on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:54 am

karacha wrote:We'll be fine. I wonder if there is more to that tendinitis story. I'm not suggesting anything here. :man12:

Sacre is back from D-League, pau is resting his knees... Coincidence? :man1:
kosstick

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 am

On the bright side, Hill/Jamison should get more PT.
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am

Wow. It is not like its a back to back or anything. I wonder who made the call? Gasol? Or the team? If Gasol, it is an obvious F U to Kobe for his comments. If the team, then it can mean a lot of things.

If he came to shoot around today claiming to be sore or fatigued, THAT is his MO -- a soft, scared, wuss. He was sitting out several games in Memphis claiming to have a bad back for like weeks -- all during the time that the fans wanted his head and he was on the block. Then his first game with LA he has like 28 and 12, and has never complained of a back injury since.

the heat is turned up on Gasol - by the fans, the media, MDA, and now Kobe. So now he is too sore to play. Right. Sure. But if Spain were playing Brazin tonight he would be totally amped up. GTFO already.

And those clips above were few and far between. Sure he was more consistent. But the soft label was there in 08 when Boston beat the Lakers. He has always been skilled. But not always dominant. He just has had really good matchups (Dirk, Lewis, Landry, Harrington, Okur) for the most part except for where guys like KG beat him up.

I am hoping this is MDA just cutting the guy out to save him from further fan and Kobe wrath...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 am

I'm confident in saying that we will look better tonight defensively/offensively and we will get an easy W.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 am

Well Doc, if that is true, then the BUZZ about Gasol being on the block will only get worse. It will be like Memphis all over again...except we want more than Kwame in return...

I think we will need Gasol against OKC though.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby John3:16 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am

karacha wrote:We'll be fine. I wonder if there is more to that tendinitis story. I'm not suggesting anything here. :man12:

:man12:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 am

Pau sitting could be a lot of things

No pau evaluation- meaning team is looking at life without pau
Pau is close to traded- meaning don't get hurt
Pau has tendinitis and they are resting him
Pau is being rested until Nash returns and then they'll evaluate the situation with a healthy pau
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol
Tonight we're playing in Houston against the Rockets. Today I'm not going to play due to tendinitis on my knees. I hope I can be back soon!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Sounds like he is going to miss a few games.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:01 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:What I don't understand about Pau is where his back to the basket game went?

I want that Pau back.

Apparently it's tendinitis, when the legs are hurt, you cant do much. I hope it's because of his knees injury and not him being lazy. Sit Pau for two weeks, let everything heal so when he comes back, he would have to play hard because there is no more excuses. Unless he comes up with another injury excuse, lol.
easyguy

Postby borri on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Let's be realistic here fellas. Pau's highest value probably was Martin, Scola, Dragic this past summer. HOU would have done it if we said yes. HOU pretty much sent those 3 for Pau in the nixed Stern deal.

Now, given how bad he's looked, don't expect anything great. Either it's for lesser players or another bad contract coming back ----> STAT.

This current team is built to win NOW. We can't wait for Pau to adjust to MDA's system. We've got a 2-3 year window (3 depending on Kobe) to get a title.

Can we wait another year to trade Pau, he'll fetch alot more next year because it's a huge expiring K?
borri

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I'm confident in saying that we will look better tonight defensively/offensively and we will get an easy W.

if the pattern of look good-play like crap-look good-play like crap holds up, we should play well tonight

we're a .500 team
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby borri on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I'm confident in saying that we will look better tonight defensively/offensively and we will get an easy W.

if the pattern of look good-play like crap-look good-play like crap holds up, we should play well tonight

we're a .500 team

It think it's more of we think we have that fifth gear and can turn in on when needed. But most of the time this season, it isn't there. We looked great in part against ORL. Then stunk, then great. Then can't get back to playing great. We we're up 9 in that game. Watching it, it thought we'd be able to turn it up again when ORL cut it down to 3.

Optimistic side tells me, we aren't gelling yet. Pessimistic side of me agrees with you 100% side. Realistic side....tba until I see Nash in th fold.
Last edited by borri on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borri

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

we're a .500 team

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 pm

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8709159/pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-tuesday-houston-rockets-tendinitis-knees

HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol will not play Tuesday against the Houston Rockets because of tendinitis in both knees.

"The biggest thing with him was that he was playing hurt and in this league you just can't do that," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I just didn't think he was running fluidly.

D'Antoni said Gasol made the decision to rest after consulting with the coaching and training staff. There is no set timetable for how long Gasol will sit out. Antawn Jamison will start in his place.

"We got to get him healthy," D'Antoni said. "Whatever it takes -- one game, two games, 10 games -- I don't know. It's day to day but he's got to be healthy. It wasn't fair (to him). He's trying to battle through some stuff and in this league, you just can't do that."

Gasol is sitting not because a trade involving the former four-time All-Star is in the works, according to multiple league sources. However, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios.

Their game against the Rockets is the start of a particularly tough stretch for the Lakers -- eight of their next 10 are on the road. L.A. is 1-4 away from Staples Center this sason.

The Lakers called up rookie big man Robert Sacre from the Los Angeles D-Fenders, their D-League affiliate, Monday as big-man insurance for their bench. Forward Jordan Hill, who was a DNP-CD in the Lakers' last game, could also find minutes in the rotation.

"Somebody's woe is somebody's gain and they got to take advantage of it," D'Antoni said.

Following Sunday's loss to the Orlando Magic, Kobe Bryant was critical of Gasol, who has questioned his role in the Lakers' offense. Gasol watched the final minutes of the fourth quarter from the bench Sunday.

"Put your big-boy pants on," Bryant said after the loss dropped the team's record to 8-9. "Just adjust. Just adjust. You can't whine about it. You can't complain about it."

Gasol was subbed out with 6:07 remaining in the fourth quarter and the Lakers up 84-83. Orlando outscored L.A. 30-19 the rest of the way. Gasol ended his night with 11 points on 4-for-11 shooting, seven rebounds, two assists and a block in 29 minutes.

Bryant said he could relate to Gasol's struggles, telling reporters after Tuesday's shootaround that he had to make a similar decision to sit out late last season when tenosynovitis in his left shin caused him to miss seven games.

"We talked about it a little bit," Bryant said. "It's difficult for him, obviously, because he doesn't have the explosiveness that he had, so a lot of it I'm assuming has to do with his being injured physically and not being able to get up and down the court and perform at a high level, which could lead to some frustration. I dealt with it with the shin. You're kind of out there playing around and playing and you kind of wind up being a little bit of a shell of yourself because of your physical limitations."

Added Dwight Howard: "You always want to try to play and give a great effort every night and do the best you can, but sometimes you get scrutinized when you don't perform as well as everybody wants you to. Sometimes they may not realize that we may be injured. People expect ... when we get on the floor to be 100 percent every night. I think it's a tough situation for Pau, but he has to realize we all got his back."

Gasol, a 12-year veteran, is averaging 12.6 points and 42 percent shooting, both career lows, and 8.8 rebounds per game.

"I hope I can be back soon!" Gasol said on Twitter.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion