Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (p.270: Out 2 Games w/Concussion)

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Sorry Pau got hurt, but his absence makes very little difference. Dude was giving us next to nothing on either end of the floor. Nothing but matador defense. We'd probably be better off giving Clark Gasoft's minutes.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ That's not true at all.

I will say this for the 5th time or so: I guarantee if you'd been hit by the same elbow in the same spot in the same situation you'd still be feeling it too. This is a strong seven foot man's elbow pointed directly at a danger zone for concussions.

I have no trouble believing he's in a lot of pain.

Pau gets in a lot of pain just from people criticizing him...so i guess you're right...what more from an actual contact play

and no, ive never been elbowed in the nose but i've gotten it broken from a straight right hand by a bon-a-fide cruiserweight in the gym...i was extremely dazed the rest of the day and the next day...it didn't take me more than a week, i know that much
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby borri on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm

bystander wrote:
TIME wrote:Bystander must have hacked the all star ballot servers.

WE joke cuz we love you man. :man12:
borri

Postby bystander on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm

^ That's what i thought. ;P
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:23 pm

I will say this for the 5th time or so: I guarantee if you'd been hit by the same elbow in the same spot in the same situation you'd still be feeling it too. This is a strong seven foot man's elbow pointed directly at a danger zone for concussions.

Now come on Real. You know we fans are much tougher than these wussy basketball players. Especially guys like Pau. Most of us would of put some skin glue on our noses, took a tylonal and been back the next game.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Well, if Pau is out another game, it saves me the frustration of watching his pathetic play...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

themasterphil wrote:4 games bc of concussion...well i dont believe in that...there is something more then that....you dont need 10 days to recover from concussion.....i think he is traded...well i hope so

UM HE ALSO HAS TENDINITIS IN HIS KNEES AND PLANTAR FASCITIS SO ITS ABOUT RIGHT
PurpleNGold1

Postby noobiew on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm

With Dwight out this will be the perfect time for Pau to prove himself he still one of the top 5 center in the league, it's time for Pau to get all the touches in the post and dominate inside, Go PAU !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:13 pm

noobiew wrote:With Dwight out this will be the perfect time for Pau to prove himself he still one of the top 5 center in the league, it's time for Pau to get all the touches in the post and dominate inside, Go PAU !

I think you need an update on some things. Mainly who's playing and who's not. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Now come on Real. You know we fans are much tougher than these wussy basketball players. Especially guys like Pau. Most of us would of put some skin glue on our noses, took a tylonal and been back the next game.

Well you and I would, I know that for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:40 pm

he's taking longer to recover from a concussion than most football players who get hit so much harder
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 pm

khmrP wrote:he's taking longer to recover from a concussion than most football players who get hit so much harder

Most football players lie about their concussions.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm

So Dwight with a torn labrum is back before Gasoft. :man10: :man10: :man10:

Seriously please trade this overrated, overpaid, and soft p****.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:40 pm

What other castoff in the league (Hill, Clark) is going to come on this team and do Pau's job better than him?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Send him to some team that doesn't compete, like the Cats... he'll have no pressure there. Get us some youth and athleticism back.
Armani

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:So Dwight with a torn labrum is back before Gasoft. :man10: :man10: :man10:

Seriously please trade this overrated, overpaid, and soft p****.

you are...really weird
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:he's taking longer to recover from a concussion than most football players who get hit so much harder

uh no, there's a new protocol for concussions now and a private Dr. access players right when it happens and these Dr's also sign off on them playing. These Dr's have no vested interest from the team to allow players to play before they're ready.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

uh no, there's a new protocol for concussions now and a private Dr. access players right when it happens and these Dr's also sign off on them playing. These Dr's have no vested interest from the team to allow players to play before they're ready.

uh yes they do :man10:

The vast, vast majority of players fake their symptoms, they fake their responses, and there's no such thing as impartial when you're talking about tens of millions of dollars at stake for a guy sitting out.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:24 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

uh yes they do :man10:

The vast, vast majority of players fake their symptoms, they fake their responses, and there's no such thing as impartial when you're talking about tens of millions of dollars at stake for a guy sitting out.

how do you fake symptoms? These Dr. are not paid by the team, they look out for the players safety, these Dr. dont let players come back early at all and I've seen players get hit and litteraly knocked out of a game and Dr. cleared them to play the next week.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 pm

khmrP wrote:
how do you fake symptoms? These Dr. are not paid by the team, they look out for the players safety, these Dr. dont let players come back early at all and I've seen players get hit and litteraly knocked out of a game and Dr. cleared them to play the next week.

Sorry, fake your healh and you fake your initial tests. They test everyone's normal state of health at the start of the season, you fake that test and later in the season you're golden.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 pm

khmrP wrote:

Sorry, fake your healh and you fake your initial tests. They test everyone's normal state of health at the start of the season, you fake that test and later in the season you're golden.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Gasol is obviously not faking his health, I wish him well in his recovery because health should always come first. However, we are proving that we have enough depth with Jamison/Clark (when Dwight is in the line-up) & perhaps trading him for even more depth would be out best option.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby odom1year on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm

There is no reason that Pau doesn't want to play the ballgame. Even in Shaq's case, he just wants to miss 15 games per season. :man10:
odom1year

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Is it wrong that I don't want him to come back? I don't care about his talent, offensive ability, passing ability, height, length, whatever. Offense is not our problem, defense and effort/energy are. Pau IMO doesn't have hunger or passion anymore, so I'd rather play young guys hungry to get wins over Pau even if they're unproven and inconsistent, because Pau has become wildly inconsistent himself. Ya Nash said a lot of good about him, what he CAN do, but to me it's about what he WANTS to do, and I don't see a lot of want. Really I'd like to see him traded for some decent young players hungry to win and eager to play hard.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Two days away?... Maybe he really is being held back for a trade...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion