Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
53
38%
No
71
52%
Maybe (explain)
12
8%
 
Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Thank you Phil Jackson first off.

Thank you Pau Gasol for blocking Ray Allen all those times to give Lakers fans reason to celebrate.

:bow: :bow:

Yup.
Duncan should've been in the game.
It's not like LeBron or Wade were going to blow by him for a layup.. They needed a 3, and Duncan is long enough to bother those shots.
The biggest thing was the loss of rebounding.
Oh well, at least we did the right thing and won when we had the chance.
So yeah, thanks Phil and thanks Pau.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:45 am

Would be great to be talking about getting a guard like Bledsoe for Pau instead of even entertaining the thought of sign & trading Dwight. I wonder if the Clips would consider Pau for Bledsoe & Jordan if they don't get a better offer? Pau has much more left in the tank than KG at this point. I know getting Doc was a big part of that deal too, but maybe we can offset that by not asking for picks. Bos was rumored to be demanding two 1st's. Obviously we'd have to flip Jordan to a 3rd team, but I don't think that would be too hard to do. Hopefully for a solid SF. If we were willing to take on some long term salary, I think we could possibly get MKG or another young cheap SF. Something like Pau + Duhon for MKG + Tyrus Thomas + Ben Gordon.. Dumping those 2 contracts is a big win for Charlotte & Pau would seemingly help them out. Another appealing Pau idea is sending him to ATL for Teague, a 1st & a big TPE. Might be something they'd consider if they don't get a big worth committing long term money to in free agency, & I think it would improve their chances of winning this season. They can probably bring Harris back cheap & have solid cheap starter at PG & take another shot at free agency next offseason when Pau comes off the books. Both of these are probably pipe but there are many more young athletic PG's out there than 7 footers as skilled as Pau.. Hopefully we find that type of deal.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am

^^^thats one hellueva fantasy land you living in if you think Cha is giving up MKG for DJ :man10: but dam if we could dump MWP with Pau to Cha I would consider it, Thomas contract is really that bad and he's really that awful of a player, pretty much Stromile Swift but a GM was dumb enough to reup him at a ridiculous salary. I want to send Pau to Atl for 17th/18th and TPE if I had my fantasy. Then flip TPE/17th to Indy for Granger, we'd still have a portion of TPE left even after that trade to absorb another expiring contract.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 am

^ I think by that point Atlanta would have had to strike out on Howard, Paul, West, and Smith. That's a LOT of salary to just absorb over there and since they're rebuilding, I don't see that Pau is more valuable than two first round picks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

therealdeal wrote:^ I think by that point Atlanta would have had to strike out on Howard, Paul, West, and Smith. That's a LOT of salary to just absorb over there and since they're rebuilding, I don't see that Pau is more valuable than two first round picks.


I did say "fantasy" right :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ I think by that point Atlanta would have had to strike out on Howard, Paul, West, and Smith. That's a LOT of salary to just absorb over there and since they're rebuilding, I don't see that Pau is more valuable than two first round picks.


I did say "fantasy" right :man10:

Not technically. :man1:

I DO think there's a market for Pau. It's just somewhat limited and since WE'RE not willing to take back long-term salary unless it's a superstar, the market is extremely limited...

I'd think there's plenty of takers on Pau if we were willing to take back one or two contracts that extend past 2014.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:07 am

^^^how's about this?
Pau to Wiz
Ariza/wiz 2nd/Atl 17th to LA
Nene/fillers to Atl

minor cap hit with the 17th pick but could package that with the TPE created from the trade to get something better? Ariza expires this upcoming season so he not only helps us now but doesn't hurt us later
Wiz-helps their 2014 cap plans by ridding themselves of big contract in Nene
Atl-gets a solid big to pair with Horford, pretty sure no big name FA is signing in Atl, just a sucky market and sucky fan support.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:43 am

Actually I like it a lot. Props.

The one thing I don't like: The 17th pick. This is a fairly shallow draft for real star talent. There's good role players at that number, but they'll take time to develop. I don't think we have that time. I'd flip that pick for a future one probably. In fact we don't get enough really for Gasol. I'll take a look and see if there's more we can/should expect.

It's pretty weak for us. I think I'd ask for Booker from Washington. Good young kid, works hard, not that great, but he expires in 2014. I'd also ask for more picks than that. I don't know from who and I don't know what round, but I'd ask for more.

We're giving up the best player in the trade who's still a 20/10 (or close to it) type of guy. He's a Champion and a great locker room presence.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby vaitimeri on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Man oh man, watched game 7 LA vs Boston and Gasol was just awesome. I miss this guy, i hope we can get our team in a position and watch Gasol make one more run. I know he isnt Duncan, but I would love to see him get after one more time...
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby khmrP on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am

^^^Guys its time to MOVE ON! we'll not see that Pau again, I'm pretty sure of it. Its been 3 season since then and nothing I see out of Pau would suggest he returns to form on a consistent basis. If we keep him at PF he's ALWAYS gona complain and use the same schtick bout playing closer to the basket, yada yada. He complained all of last year and what does he do when Howards out of the game? He floats on the perimiter still. I'm not much of a player fan but I will admit I do like Pau's game but its time to do whats best for our team and Pau is the ONLY somewhat valuable trade piece we have left. I dont want to see any water treading team next year, Kobe is almost done, do what you gota do to get younger and stay competitive this upcoming season.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:26 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^Guys its time to MOVE ON! we'll not see that Pau again, I'm pretty sure of it. Its been 3 season since then and nothing I see out of Pau would suggest he returns to form on a consistent basis. If we keep him at PF he's ALWAYS gona complain and use the same schtick bout playing closer to the basket, yada yada. He complained all of last year and what does he do when Howards out of the game? He floats on the perimiter still. I'm not much of a player fan but I will admit I do like Pau's game but its time to do whats best for our team and Pau is the ONLY somewhat valuable trade piece we have left. I dont want to see any water treading team next year, Kobe is almost done, do what you gota do to get younger and stay competitive this upcoming season.


I agree, and maybe this is just false hope from me but a large part of me wants to keep him on the team at least when the season starts to see if this new procedure he did to both of his knees really did help, because last we heard was from Gary Vitti and the thread I made where he gave us a lot of injury updates on the Players and he said Pau was basically pain free from all the knee issues and should be more than ready to go next year.

Granted 82 games is a long season and who's to say the pain won't eventually come back. I'm not sure but we can always trade him before the deadline.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11663
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Watching Lebron take over for stretches in these finals, it's so obvious that we need a good solid starting SF if we're going to have any shot at a ring soon. Be it an old ringchaser like Pierce.. Someone like Granger, Deng, Iggy.. Or one of the huge crop of SF's on the rise right now.. Paul George, Batum, Barnes, Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Parsons, MKG.. & some of the lower tier guys Gallo, Turner, Thad, Ariza. There has to be some way to get 1 of these guys for Pau. I don't even care about the rest of the deal, just swap Pau for the best player on that list that you can get & we should instantly be a better team.

Paul George would obviously be my first choice but that's completely unrealistic.. not that most of the rest aren't :bang:

1. Leonard
2. Batum
3. Barnes
4. Parsons
5. Butler
6. MKG
7. Deng
8. Granger
9. Gallo
10. Turner
11. Thad
12. Ariza

I hope Mitch is going down that list from top to bottom & offering Pau for these guys + throw ins. I think Chi might be willing to part with Butler if we take on Boozer. They aren't going to keep Butler & keep paying Deng. Or the option that allows us to keep Pau, sign PP after he's bought out. I'd still shop Pau though.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby MusixFinest on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 pm

There are rumors of Luol Deng being moved for the #3 pick and Emeka Okafor, or possibly the #1 pick in the draft. Is Deng that much better than Pau to be worth a deal like that when we can't even get a bag of peanuts for the Spaniard?
MusixFinest

 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm

MusixFinest wrote:There are rumors of Luol Deng being moved for the #3 pick and Emeka Okafor, or possibly the #1 pick in the draft. Is Deng that much better than Pau to be worth a deal like that when we can't even get a bag of peanuts for the Spaniard?

Do we want the #3 pick and Okafor? And how does that improve Washington?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Center Court on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:49 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Watching Lebron take over for stretches in these finals, it's so obvious that we need a good solid starting SF if we're going to have any shot at a ring soon. Be it an old ringchaser like Pierce.. Someone like Granger, Deng, Iggy.. Or one of the huge crop of SF's on the rise right now.. Paul George, Batum, Barnes, Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Parsons, MKG.. & some of the lower tier guys Gallo, Turner, Thad, Ariza. There has to be some way to get 1 of these guys for Pau. I don't even care about the rest of the deal, just swap Pau for the best player on that list that you can get & we should instantly be a better team.

Paul George would obviously be my first choice but that's completely unrealistic.. not that most of the rest aren't :bang:

1. Leonard
2. Batum
3. Barnes
4. Parsons
5. Butler
6. MKG
7. Deng
8. Granger
9. Gallo
10. Turner
11. Thad
12. Ariza

I hope Mitch is going down that list from top to bottom & offering Pau for these guys + throw ins. I think Chi might be willing to part with Butler if we take on Boozer. They aren't going to keep Butler & keep paying Deng. Or the option that allows us to keep Pau, sign PP after he's bought out. I'd still shop Pau though.


Which is why Houston is attractive to Dwight. Harden/Parsons is a very nice pairing on the perimeter.

Anyway, Granger is the one star guy on that list that we could maybe get. I've been advocating for Blake/Duhon for Ariza for months but who knows if they want that
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Sam Amico of Fox Sports wrote:With power forward Pau Gasol on the trading block, the Los Angeles Lakers are another team that has been fielding plenty of calls leading up to the draft. It should be noted the Cavs are said to have no interest in a Gasol deal.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 pm

I hope these calls are for other players (Blake/Duhon/MWP) along with Gasol.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby last stand on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:21 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^how's about this?
Pau to Wiz
Ariza/wiz 2nd/Atl 17th to LA
Nene/fillers to Atl

minor cap hit with the 17th pick but could package that with the TPE created from the trade to get something better? Ariza expires this upcoming season so he not only helps us now but doesn't hurt us later
Wiz-helps their 2014 cap plans by ridding themselves of big contract in Nene
Atl-gets a solid big to pair with Horford, pretty sure no big name FA is signing in Atl, just a sucky market and sucky fan support.


Interesting. Obviously if you're lucky Ben mclemore falls to the pick and you get a perimeter player of the future

You'd obviously also look at Burke, porter, and noel as well but you'd just be hoping mclemore is there because he fits dwight perfectly

After that it'd have to be Burke because he has the feel of a young cp3
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 5m
The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More


MKG / Gordon / Sessions for Pau / Blake
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 5m
The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More


MKG / Gordon / Sessions for Pau / Blake

I'd do it. But why would Charlotte want that deal? It's hard to tell because it's hard to see what a team that has perpetually sucked wants to do. What are they looking for?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 pm

I'd do it in a heartbeat, which is why Charlotte wouldn't ha ha. I think if you took out Sessions and put in another less talented player it is more realistic though, they get Pau's expiring but we have to take on Gordon, compromises on both sides. Sessions too, I think is too good on our end.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Gordon was pretty damn bad last season. He's on a terrible, terrible contract... I'd take that if we could get Gilchrist AND Sessions... That would probably be the only way though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm

You've got a point, we probably could do better for Pau, but still I don't see why Charlotte would want him other than the huge expiring.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Weezy wrote:You've got a point, we probably could do better for Pau, but still I don't see why Charlotte would want him other than the huge expiring.

Agreed. It doesn't really make sense for them.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40320
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Thread: Surgery a success; now rehab & rest for 12 weeks

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Remember this....


Following

Mike BresnahanVerified account
‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Separetely, Lakers interested in Kentucky's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, would be open to trading Pau for Top-5 pick and right package o' players
Reply Retweet Favorite More


We almost traded for him once, maybe this time we find a deal to do it. Maybe not the one I proposed, but interesting that he's available and we wanted him before.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.