Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

He has plenty of bodies to sit Pau down. Jamison and Hill are both more than capable of limiting the minutes of Pau and Howard.

Jamison hasn't done anything for the same reason Blake was: they're too nice. They don't want to step on Coach's toes and it's hurting the team. Fire Brown and it'll free up Jamison and it'll free up Meeks and the bench would look much, much better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Like I said, the Lakers need to hire a hypnotist to make Gasol believe he's playing in the Olympics.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 pm

I mean he's looked alright tonight. He hasn't done much, but he hasn't done much wrong either.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:09 pm

He did what he was supposed to do. Kobe would say: "He executed well." 14/4/1 +3 blocks doesn't look like much, but he really did nothing wrong.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Yeah stats tell a lie in this case. He didn't do a whole lot wrong. In fact we saw him get a little angry which was nice. He just doesn't seem to play with the fire we're used to seeing from him as much.

He still played fairly well tonight though. Not a lot of mistakes and he made some noise defensively against these guys... hopefully he builds a little swagger and confidence out of this.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 am

So when he is agressive we win? Wow! who would have thunk dat :freak2:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:20 am

Pau's Been Great this Season :jam2:
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

It does seem like hes not engaged out there, and a bit slow, his jumper isnt switched on. I think hes too focused on not being selfish and getting everyone involved.
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

Pau has been looking fine this season, are you guys kidding? It's like Pau can't make a mistake out there or else it's time to trade him...he has been aggressive this season, more than last that's for sure, and he is playing more in the post which I am liking. Defense hasn't been great, but hasn't been as awful as some of you guys make it sound. He is still very skilled (scoring, rebounding, passing) & is definitely a huge help to this team.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 am

^^^ There's a short least when you have continually come up short like he has in the past two playoffs.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

pau was a huge reason we didnt do well during phils last year, still havnt really gotten an explanation for that. Until he shows me otherwise thats the only memory I have of him,
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby easyguy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 am

It's either Pau's conditioning is off or they are pushing him to his limit by playing him too much. Pau is aggressive and good usually at the start of the games, but he trail off later in the game. I think he is just exhausted, I always see him play with the starters and the bench. These big dudes need a lot more rest than smaller guards.
easyguy

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 pm

IMO Pau no longer deserves anymore passes or excuses, if this is the effort he's gona bring nite in and nite out he's gota go.
khmrP

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:Yeah stats tell a lie in this case. He didn't do a whole lot wrong. In fact we saw him get a little angry which was nice. He just doesn't seem to play with the fire we're used to seeing from him as much.

He still played fairly well tonight though. Not a lot of mistakes and he made some noise defensively against these guys... hopefully he builds a little swagger and confidence out of this.

He missed more than he made...that's what he did wrong. Still 16 shots from Pau is not a bad thing. He should stay aggressive.
kray28

Postby dj vitus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 pm

He seems to be getting more opportunities in the post now without Bynum demanding the ball all the time, so hopefully that'll keep him comfortable and help his confidence.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 pm

I've always loved Pau, he's a great guy and a very skilled versatile player. But he needs to be traded.
He's hurting us more than benefitting us.
His playmaking is good, but his overall imput isn't enough. His D is incredibly awful (especially on P&R and help defense). He's as soft as they come. He doesn't know how to box out. He's an inconsistent shooter, and he rarely drives to the basket or post up agressively.

We should trade him for a more athletic PF and a couple of bench pieces (if we can even get that). He's getting 19M a year, and clearly not worth them, even without the luxury tax.
I would take a deal like Pau for Brandon Bass and a healthy Avery Bradley for example. Not kidding, I don't think we could get more than that.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 pm

paussy. go play for spain.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Gasol played like garbage in the game, both offensively & defensively, zero impact in the game.

5 freaking points are you kidding me :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 pm

gtfo...
like i said i would trade him for josh smith in the milisecond...
he has to many games as this one tonighte...
escobar8

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Start 'Tawn at the 4, bring Gasol in off the bench at the 5, play Hill behind Jamison. Gasol gets to play down low, doesn't have to guard the opposing team's starting 4, and Jamison stretches the floor for Dwight and is a better garbage man than Pau anyway.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:paussy. go play for spain.

Yeah, that too.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Pau's done...two years ago
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm

He looked so unaggressive. SMH

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby basilhayden on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Typical lazy european trash. Can't believe we are stuck with this garbage.
basilhayden

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Pau, now you know why Mitch tried to trade you so dont act dumb the next time your locker is cleaned out.
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion