Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (p.270: Out 2 Games w/Concussion)

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

He's not cleared to play basketball by the doctors -- but Mitch cleared him to be traded.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 pm

John3:16 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:He will be cleared to play in 5 days when his a** gets traded.

Don't tease me.

1.) Jan. 15 all players are eligible to be traded

2.) This team needs a shake up bad, needed one last year as well

3.) We are a sinking ship and treading water right now, there is no more time to see if Pau/Nash works, it doesn't, it's time to make a move or lose the season

4.) There have been a few names that have come up and teams that want to deal that we can sneak in and get some of the goods

It's either the 15th or soon after because by the time the deadline rolls around, we might be looking towards next season.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 pm

^ Yep. The trade is coming here and there's not a whole lot of secret around it. That's why I wouldn't mind them pulling a deal if they can get something sexy back. Sure, trying to acquire Gay means handicapping the future a bit, but could that make the difference this year? Oh hell yeah.

*Even though I'm acting like LAKEROC on this Gay thing, it's just an example here
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Does Pau come back in okc game ?
odom1year

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm

odom1year wrote:Does Pau come back in okc game ?

Oooooor sooooo you thiiiiiiink....

(Mitch's magic wand)

:man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Pau will be gone by next weekend

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby laker911 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:

(Mitch's magic wand)

I think so. He will be in a Thunder uniform while KD will be in a Laker uniform. :man1:

DO IT MITCH!!!
laker911

Postby odom1year on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:06 am

laker911 wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:

(Mitch's magic wand)

I think so. He will be in a Thunder uniform while KD will be in a Laker uniform. :man1:

DO IT MITCH!!!

Actually we need Ibaka more.
odom1year

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 am

I'd just like to chime in on the Gay idea. With his contract amount and length, he instantly becomes a cornerstone of this franchise. Lets say we land Love two offseasons from now when he can opt out. Is Love/Howard/Gay a trio that can hang with Miami's big three? The Clippers? OKC? I don't think Gay is that type of player. We need a finisher. Can Gay finish at the hole?
Savory Griddles

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am

Savory Griddles wrote:I'd just like to chime in on the Gay idea. With his contract amount and length, he instantly becomes a cornerstone of this franchise. Lets say we land Love two offseasons from now when he can opt out. Is Love/Howard/Gay a trio that can hang with Miami's big three? The Clippers? OKC? I don't think Gay is that type of player. We need a finisher. Can Gay finish at the hole?

This is all true, no doubt. Gay becomes a guy we're going to lean on after Kobe and Gasol are gone.

But it comes down to whether or not you think that helps us win NOW. Do you think that Gay is the type of player that can solidify our team's ability to win a Championship within the next two years? I do.

If we're really about winning now, that's got to be the main priority.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 am

Rudy Gay would bring something we desperately need: he's a 3 who is very long and extremely athletic. Can defend well, rebound, score... these are all the things we need, especially from the SF position.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:53 am

Savory Griddles wrote:I'd just like to chime in on the Gay idea. With his contract amount and length, he instantly becomes a cornerstone of this franchise. Lets say we land Love two offseasons from now when he can opt out. Is Love/Howard/Gay a trio that can hang with Miami's big three? The Clippers? OKC? I don't think Gay is that type of player. We need a finisher. Can Gay finish at the hole?

hate to burst your bubble but you're not gona be able to sign Love with Gay/Howard on the team, well at least not for Max money. You would either have to dump Gay for nothing or trade Gay for Love.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:58 am

khmrP wrote:

hate to burst your bubble but you're not gona be able to sign Love with Gay/Howard on the team, well at least not for Max money. You would either have to dump Gay for nothing or trade Gay for Love.

Gay would be a 19 million dollar expiring, so there's no reason you'd have to dump him for nothing.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Gay would be a 19 million dollar expiring, so there's no reason you'd have to dump him for nothing.

But you can't sign Love to the kind of money he wants if you still have Gay around by then and there's no gurantee Love will opt out in two years. So either let Gay walk and wait and take the chance that Love does opt out or find a 3rd team to take Gay and gave Minn what they want for Love. Either way you're not gona be able to have a trio of Love/Gay/Howard, at least I'm not seeing it.
Last edited by khmrP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 am

Gay/Love

sounds wrong but would be great new additions.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:15 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

But you can't sign Love to the kind of money he wants if you still have Gay around by then and there's no gurantee Love will opt out in two years. So either let Gay walk and wait and take the chance that Love does opt out or find a 3rd team to take Gay and gave Minn what they want for Love. Either way you're not gona be able to have a trio of Love/Gay/Howard, at least I'm not seeing it.

My only point is that you don't have to let Gay walk. He's going to be the exact same tremendous expiring value that everyone wants Pau to be next season. If you REALLY want Love, you can trade away Gay and clear enough room to sign him. Or hell, he's a 19 million dollar expiring trade him to Minny for Love if you really want him that badly.

My thing is: if we trade for Gay and he helps us win Championships, I don't have that much of a problem building around him and Howard. If he doesn't, then we're blowing it up anyway. It's a win-win for me.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 am

I'd prefer AK myself and whatevere else Minn wants to throw in if we can deal with them but whatever we can get for Pau I'm fine with it unless its a pure salary dump.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 am

khmrP wrote:I'd prefer AK myself and whatevere else Minn wants to throw in if we can deal with them but whatever we can get for Pau I'm fine with it unless its a pure salary dump.

Hm... Both have their injury history, but I prefer Gay for 2 reasons:
1. Younger, more athletic, more energetic, faster, etc.
2. Name power and clutch ability. Gay is known for shooting his team into trouble, but coming through late. Sounds like Kobe of the last few years.

Gay provides that young spark that we need. Someone to get Howard feeling young again feeling explosive.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kosstick on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 pm

So is he playing today?
kosstick

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 pm

kosstick wrote:So is he playing today?

doctor appointment pending, but it's doubtful.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Gay/Love

Darn you for getting to this thread before me! DARN you to HECK!!! :man2:

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby jOeyB7000 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 pm

According to the Lakers FB page, Pau is out for tonight's game.
jOeyB7000

Postby Weezy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Dang I'd kill to have Gay/Love. See JSJ there was still room to jump on that train.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Imagine if we still had Ramon
Gay/Love/Session :man1:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Weezy wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Dang I'd kill to have Gay/Love. See JSJ there was still room to jump on that train.

I don't know... Gay/Love doesn't really do it for me... It doesn't make me feel anything deep down inside.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion