Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: Rusty

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 am

gcclaker wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:I heard a rumor on ESPN 1100 in Las Vegas this week, that Mitch and David Kahn have been "casually discussing" a swap of Pau Gasol for Kevin Love. If this happens, Mitch deserves a statue outside of Staples Center....NOW!!!!

:spam:

Fry that lightly with scrambled eggs and a cup of rice pilaf. Yummm... I meant the Spam. :man13:

sounds more like LAKEROC typical fantasy trade scenario then legit chatter.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:20 am

https://twitter.com/Twolvesnow/statuses/316954136690180096

D'Antoni says Gasol will start tonight vs Wolves. Not sure how long Metta (knee) will be out.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:25 am

Well, with Metta out what do you expect? Clark is probably going to start at 3. Jamison and Pau basically both useless defensively. At least Gasol has length. Not that he does much with it.

Jamison could very well get more of the minutes tonight. I mean I'm kind of confused too, but Jamison was intended to be a bench player and Pau was intended to start. Not that that means anything. Clearly MDA thinks Pau is rusty and wants to give him an opportunity to show up.
Chillbongo

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/Twolvesnow/statuses/316954136690180096

D'Antoni says Gasol will start tonight vs Wolves. Not sure how long Metta (knee) will be out.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

D'Antoni doesn't have the toughness to sit out someone who deserves the bench just because of the name on the back of his jersey. Why is he scared of Pau? He's obviously not right & rusty! Brought absolutely nothing to this team since his comeback!

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 am

^ The point is to start Clark. Meeks is starting at the 2 with Kobe at the 3.

Start Clark at the 4 instead of Pau. Even if you want to start Meeks too, that's alright. Then you have Gasol, Blake, and Jamison off the bench. All vets that SHOULD play well together. No defense, but plenty of offense should ensue.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:30 am

My thinking is that Kobe is dictating more than we think. He obviously advocates for Pau in general and plus our problems are on the defensive end. Jamison really doesn't bring more than Pau on that end.

If only we had Hill.

Nash/Kobe/Clark/Hill/Howard

That's a beastly front line.
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 am

therealdeal wrote:^ The point is to start Clark. Meeks is starting at the 2 with Kobe at the 3.

Start Clark at the 4 instead of Pau. Even if you want to start Meeks too, that's alright. Then you have Gasol, Blake, and Jamison off the bench. All vets that SHOULD play well together. No defense, but plenty of offense should ensue.

Oh WTF, Meeks is starting?? Kobe at the 3 and Clark not starting?
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ The point is to start Clark. Meeks is starting at the 2 with Kobe at the 3.

Oh WTF, Meeks is starting?? Kobe at the 3 and Clark not starting?

According the tweets that Rock has been posting, yeah.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am

I'm ok with Pau starting as long as MWP isn't starting too...so with Dwight, Pau, Kobe, Meeks, Nash...its a much more balanced team with better shooters and more space for Pau/Dwight to operate. However, I still would have liked for Clark to start...it is mind boggling that this guy is suddenly a 10 minute guy after helping our team so much...this is where I do NOT understand Dantoni at all....you don't START pau after being out for so long...he's setting Pau up for disappointment and BLAME....that's the last thing Pau needs right now is to be BLAMED for the Lakers sudden struggles.... :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby nickvanexel on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

Hopefully D'Antoni knows what he's doing. Maybe hes just giving Earl less minutes to rest him some games... Clark should be back soon with 20 minutes and probably a starting roll.

Personally I'd rather see a starting5 of Howard/Pau/Clark/Bryant/Nash than H/P/B/Meeks/Nash.
nickvanexel

Postby JGC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:02 pm

If he's healthy enough to play well, then there's no excuse for Pau (or anyone else for that matter). If he isn't healthy enough to play well, then he shouldn't be playing.
JGC

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Gasol starting is a nightmare. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

^ Nope! It was one of my "dream scenario" trades. I actually heard this. Whether or not it comes to fruition is a whole different story, but remember, If I had said back in 2007 that we would be trading Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol, you would have said, "No way in hell that happens. Nobody is that stupid." Well, Gasol's expiring contract is here next year, and with Love having an injury plagued season, and already voicing his displeasure over management. It doesn't really look as far-fetched as you might think. Lakers going to have to add some pieces to the puzzle, but Kevin Love would just thrive in D'Antoni's offense.
LAKEROC

Postby lotus on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Pau is a passive big p***ycat. On the high pick and roll plays with Kobe, he doesn't even bother to cut to the basket efen when the lane is wide open. I'll be glad when he's gone and takes soft energy with him.
lotus

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Well, he was actually useful today. Nice to see. Can he give us more of that?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Re: Pau Discussion: Crusty

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 pm

offensively he was ok but it bears repeating his D is HORRIBLE....Cunningham was tossing him around in the paint like a rag doll....pathetic effort!
khmrP

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, we'll have to live with that. If he could give us this production on a consistent basis... that would be awesome.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

17 & 9, I'll take it. He was infinitely better tonight than he was in the two previous games combined. He got off to a very good start in the 1st and tapped out that long rebound that helped us stave off the Minny's comeback attempt. We need him to maintain that effective play on offense. Hopefully he'll continue to knock of the rust 'n dust.

His D is embarrassing for 7 footers around the world though. It was open season at the rim when Dwight picked up his 4th. It started with Rubio, but everyone got a chance. I think I even saw Adelman score against him at one point in the third quarter.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm

No effort on D whatsoever, Cunningham was open most of the time.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Finwë on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 pm

JSM wrote:17 & 9, I'll take it. He was infinitely better tonight than he was in the two previous games combined. He got off to a very good start in the 1st and tapped out that long rebound that helped us stave off the Minny's comeback attempt. We need him to maintain that effective play on offense. Hopefully he'll continue to knock of the rust 'n dust.

His D is embarrassing for 7 footers around the world though. It was open season at the rim when Dwight picked up his 4th. It started with Rubio, but everyone got a chance. I think I even saw Adelman score against him at one point in the third quarter.

:man10: :man10:

I agree, I'll take it. Effective on offense, little to no D. Considering what we could've gotten (GS game), it's not that bad. We just have to hope that as he gets in better shape his D goes back to being bad instead of horrible/atrocious
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Good offensively, but his D was utter S*** in the 4th quarter. Cunningham had 5-7 open looks and more importantly Pau didn't even come close to boxing him out there in the final minute when MIN had to foul us.

I'm glad he's feeling better, but on most nights that poor D from Pau would have cost us the game.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:54 pm

He had 17 & 9; not bad number by any stretch of the imagination. He looked like he was running more fluidly up & down the court. He was active in the 1st quarter and got off to a nice start. Unfortunately, his defense was awful. I'll take what he did tonight, though.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 pm

His defense is and will remain awful, but he's looking better already. His shots weren't totally wild and in fact he went to the post pretty effectively more than once.

Good game from him. This production is pretty much what we'll need to scare anybody in the playoffs.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:His defense is and will remain awful, but he's looking better already. His shots weren't totally wild and in fact he went to the post pretty effectively more than once.

Good game from him. This production is pretty much what we'll need to scare anybody in the playoffs.

Yeah I think that if Pau brings this type of effort, this will be the only way we can a) make the playoffs and b) make any type of noise in those playoffs. Pau was an absolute bust in his first 2 games back...but the real test comes tomorrow...that's pretty much a GUARANTEED loss with this group though unfortunately....
FabFourLakers

Postby davriver290 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 pm

If someone could make a video breakdown of just how awful the defense is, that'd be great. And I'm talking team D. I really wanna see a video breakdown of our defensive breakdowns lol
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion