Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: Trusty

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:05 pm

I think Pau goes out of his way to keep Dwight involved so that he doesn't feel ignored.
Last edited by JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:34 pm

MIssed the game today woah how did he post up a big line vs Dirk

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bnr034 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:59 am

The Rock wrote:MIssed the game today woah how did he post up a big line vs Dirk

thats because Zen master was in the house... :boxing1: :boxing1: :boxing1: :boxing1: ... :man1: :man1: :man1:
bnr034

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:57 am

Pau had a great game again. Some people here will always try to criticize him, but the truth is that he's been picking up his game a little bit in the last few games, and more importantly, it's finally starting to look like he can work with Dwight on the court.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby gcclaker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 am

Saw him on the low block last night shooting close to the cup. Jumping up for rebounds and facing up on D. Shades of 2010. 24 did yell at him after being stripped by Collison on a pick and roll late in the fourth.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 am

gcclaker wrote:Saw him on the low block last night shooting close to the cup. Jumping up for rebounds and facing up on D. Shades of 2010. 24 did yell at him after being stripped by Collison on a pick and roll late in the fourth.

He still had a few "2012" moments, but overall this version of Pau is something we can win with. Some nice moves down low, some rebounding, some defense.

There were a few turnovers I didn't like (throwing the ball at the rim for lobs that Howard is triple teamed on) and a few times defensively where he just got lost on screens. He and Dwight should switch sometimes because Dirk was just running through Wright and Pau couldn't possibly get through there. Dwight should step out and Gasol should just come down with Wright.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am

great game by pau, effective offensively, and wasnt really a liability on defense. That is all we ask.
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:06 am

As usual Pau filling up that stat sheet and nobody knew it.

Other than his constant instinct to facilitate, homeboy was on point.
Chillbongo

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am

One thing is clear, Pau stil can bring it in the post, albeit it was against Dirk ( :man10: whoever said Dirk was a decent defender).

But again, that's where he NEEDS to be. In the post. His interior passing is there, just a little forced thinking Dwight can grab anything, and he needs to aggressive in those situations rather than looking for just the pass. He had a few turnovers from those, but his intent was good.

He's not effective in the pick and roll, he's just too slow.

Defensively he's still too slow. In the post he's fine. I thought he did a fine job on Dirk in the post, but put him out on an island in a Pick and Roll he's done. To slow to switch, to slow to recover.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:49 am

He needs to play like Lamar did, just dont make many mistakes and have many WTF plays...blowing layups or fouling guys out in the perimeter or not contesting shots at the rim, keep it simple and dont screw up elementary plays

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dkim514 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:One thing is clear, Pau stil can bring it in the post, albeit it was against Dirk ( :man10: whoever said Dirk was a decent defender).

But again, that's where he NEEDS to be. In the post. His interior passing is there, just a little forced thinking Dwight can grab anything, and he needs to aggressive in those situations rather than looking for just the pass. He had a few turnovers from those, but his intent was good.

He's not effective in the pick and roll, he's just too slow.

Defensively he's still too slow. In the post he's fine. I thought he did a fine job on Dirk in the post, but put him out on an island in a Pick and Roll he's done. To slow to switch, to slow to recover.

While i agree with this statement, I still cringe whenever Pau ends up with ball near the basket. For example, half way mark in 4Q last night when he received the pass from Kobe, Pau gave wrap around pass to Dwight for a dunk. While the sequence worked out, i think it was an ill advised pass. Pau should've went up for a strong finish... but then again, knowing that he no longer has any lift... that may be too much to ask.
dkim514

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:11 pm

^ I did say that he does need to be more aggressive rather than to always looking for Dwight for the lob. Like Lamar, Pau is a pass-first type player. He wants to make the right play, and I don't fault him too harshly on that.

Part of it is also that Pau doesn't handle contact/physical defense as well as Howard does. You also have to take into account, Pau and Dwight have not had much time on the court together. This is probably, what the 10-15th game they've actually started together this year because of injuries? They still have to feel each other out to where they will be. It took some time with Kobe and Dwight, but now it works. Nash/Dwight hasn't worked out yet because both have been injured too often too.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 pm

I thought he looked good, could've looked better by making some smarter decisions and forcing the pass less. His D wasn't great, but it is a hell of a lot better than it was a few games ago. Still has to be better than this heading into the post-season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:00 pm

The key with Pau is consistency, hes gotta bring it every night. We've seen this act before where he plays well one night and another night he struggles. He needs to cut down the shots longer than 15 feet and work on that 8-13 foot range shots

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 pm

One thing is for sure, when Gasol throws down it gets the crowd going twice as hard as when anyone else does it, it's like a dunk is such a rare thing for him that everyone goes apes*** when he does it. When he beasted all over the Mavs off that pass from Kobe after Bryant blocked Wright's shot the crowd went bananas before Gasol even went up with the shot. Hard a** s***.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby JSM on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Pincus: Pau Gasol is starting to find his way with Howard, D'Antoni

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 5202.story
JSM

Postby JSM on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 am

Dave McMenamin

How has Pau fared in the six games he's been back from a torn plantar fascia? After a rocky start ...
Pau Gasol is back to form.

His first two games back, Gasol averaged just 5.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 21.5 minutes per game on 27.7 percent shooting. The Lakers went 0-2.

But his last four have looked like shades of the guy who was a four-time All-Star. In those four games Gasol is averaging 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 34 minutes per game on 54.2 percent shooting. L.A. went 3-1.

"After six games being back, my timing, my legs, my conditioning is getting back and getting better," Gasol said Thursday. "So, hopefully it will continue to be that way. Everything is flowing nicely, so let's see if we keep it up."
JSM

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 am

Pau is truly are X-Factor this year. He has to have good games for us to win.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 am

He's looked really good out there for the most part. I think there's times when he's looking to Howard just a little too much, but he's doing some really good things out there as well.

There was a shot he took against Dallas where he went to the post against Wright and he actually bumped him a bit to clear space for a little hook shot. I watched it a few times because I kept thinking: "when was the last time that he used his body like that to make space?" Any post move he's done the last couple of years has been almost exclusively his versatility. This shot was just a nice strong post move.

I loved it.

Hopefully he can keep this up. I don't think he and Dwight are long term solutions, but I do have to say that the offense has looked REALLY smooth with Kobe running Point and Gasol passing from the high post. It's been really great to watch.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 am

Holy s***

Chillbongo

Postby gcclaker on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:41 am

^Gasol looked so much lighter and much more spry in those highlights.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:46 am

pau was such a beast.

now he's still effective, but i think his beast days are behind him. (except when he plays for Spain)
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:54 am

i remember when he'd use to sprint down the court on transition plays.

he used to be a very quick moving on pick and rolls. that kobe/pau pnr was almost unstoppable.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby jOeyB7000 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Pau leading the fast break :man6: :man6: :man6:

God I wish he gives us one more of those fastbreak highlights while he's still in the P&G
jOeyB7000

Postby kenzo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 pm

This made me :man6:
kenzo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion