Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: Trusty

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I can see Minny giving up the most to get Pau. And I would have no problem with that because it would mean we are getting our 2nd unit in one move.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I can see Minny giving up the most to get Pau. And I would have no problem with that because it would mean we are getting our 2nd unit in one move.

2nd unit or Batum? Batum is the definition of what we need at small forward.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I can see Minny giving up the most to get Pau. And I would have no problem with that because it would mean we are getting our 2nd unit in one move.

2nd unit or Batum? Batum is the definition of what we need at small forward.

I'd be very surprised if Portland gave up Batum. Batum/Matthews would be a steal for Pau, but Batum is due a lot of money all the way until 2015-2016.

I'd want the 2nd unit though.

If we got AK47 and then got Wright/Dunleavy/Budinger/Webster in FA what would be better?

If we could get Barea/AK47/Williams for Pau and then pick up one of those guys in free agency, I'd like that a whole lot more than just Batum.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm

1. I was just saying who I wanted, not who I think we could get.
2. No way Portland gives up Batum for Gasol unless there's something wrong with Batum.
3. We're not getting Love from Minnesota at this point. That ship has sailed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 pm

You may want to cross off Minny from the list, Kevin is having arthroscopic knee surgery, do we really want another injury riddled guy

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/kevin-love-undergo-knee-surgery
Wolves forward Kevin Love will undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his left knee to remove a buildup of scar tissue this week and will miss the remainder of the season, the team announced on Monday. Wolves President of Basketball Operations David Kahn said he believes the procedure will take place on Wednesday in New York City, and he expects Love to be ready for full offseason workouts no later than early June.

The typical timetable for this type of procedure is 4-6 weeks, according to the team.

“I think disappointment will suffice for now, I can’t think of a better word,” Kahn said. “But as he put it, I’ll put it in more reader friendly words, it’s been one heck of a season. He feels very badly about it, which is understandable.”

Love underwent surgery to repair the broken third and fourth metacarpal in his right hand on Jan. 15 and has missed 47 games since suffering the injury Jan. 3 against Denver. He had gotten to the point in his recovery over the past few weeks where he was putting up shots with great rhythm and looking much more like the Kevin Love of last year than the one who shot 35 percent from the field after breaking his hand for the first time in the preseason. He was scheduled to be re-evaluated with hopes of making a return to the court for the final few games of the season.

This procedure, however, ensures he will not play again until 2013-14. He will also have his hand evaluated in New York this week.

Kahn said Love has felt discomfort in his knee and hip for some time and discussed that with the training staff when he was playing this season.

“As time went on, with the intent of playing this season, the knees started hurting more,” Kahn said. “It got to the point over the last few days that it should be addressed now. It was affecting his ability to run, even. At that point we tipped the balance toward we should do it now.”

Love finished the 2012-13 season with 18.3 points and 14.0 rebounds per game. He made his initial return from his first broken hand injury on Nov. 21 against Denver and scored 34 points and added 14 rebounds in his debut. He played in 18 more games before his season-ending injury in Denver on Jan. 3.

Kahn said it’s a disappointing end to what he called a “lost season” for Love, but he’s confident the Wolves’ two-time All-Star will be ready to return with full health at the start of next year.

“That’s why we’re doing it now as opposed to the end of the season,” Kahn said. “So I think it’s been there for a while, and I think this should clean it up for the long haul. And I imagine his knee will be pain free and his hip will be pain free once he recovers.”

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

The Rock wrote:You may want to cross off Minny from the list, Kevin is having arthroscopic knee surgery, do we really want another injury riddled guy

Don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell we could get Love for any package of Lakers that doesn't involve Kobe or Dwight, injured or not. The remaining shell of Pau isn't worth a one legged, one armed, one eyed Love.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 pm

JSM wrote:
The Rock wrote:You may want to cross off Minny from the list, Kevin is having arthroscopic knee surgery, do we really want another injury riddled guy

Don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell we could get Love for any package of Lakers that doesn't involve Kobe or Dwight, injured or not. The remaining shell of Pau isn't worth a one legged, one armed, one eyed Love.

yea I didn't see anyone expecting Pau for Love scenario
khmrP

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 pm

he's been great since coming back for us. great to see, if we're gonna do anything...we'll need him
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Man he stepped up huge in the end after some poor D and bad rebounding early, giving up offensive boards. That stretch of 6 quick points in a row, that was awesome, glad to see Pau have a great game and take advantage of guys who can't guard him again.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 pm

The way he played today honestly made me reconsider trading him for a second. I know it was against the lowly Hornets, but he made a HUGE impact. Great game offensively, boarded well, and wasn't exactly a liability defensively especially in one-on-one situations.

We're still going to need to move him for pieces this summer, but every game his trade value increases a little bit.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 pm

outside of a batum/matthews deal or some hail mary deal that has pau land us an elite young player i think the

Kirilenko/ barea/ williams deal with 2 1sts would be ideal

we need something for the future. williams and 2 1sts would give us that. and we need to take trey burke if possible because as far as i'm concerned he's got a lot of chris paul in him

but the point is whether it's 2 firsts this year, or 1 2013 1st and a 2014 1st we need to start bringing in some players with futures while kirilenko and barea help keep us contending.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Great game.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Very nice game from Gasol. Keep it up. :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Kobe will get the headlines, but we dont win tonight without the Spainard!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Image

:man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/321860792154718208
Pau: "Kobe's telling me to just go down to the post and stay there and screw everything else"

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Still a very good offensive player when determined and agressive on the low block ... he got fouled on a couple of missed shots out there too ...
wcsoldier81

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/321860792154718208
Pau: "Kobe's telling me to just go down to the post and stay there and screw everything else"

THIS TIMES A MILLION.

Just live in the paint. Even when he falls, misses, or makes a bad pass, something still happens in the paint and gets a bucket.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Boy did it feel good!

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 pm

nice game Pau :jam2:
khmrP

Postby escobar8 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Pau has been trolling us for long time...if he played this way we would atleast have 6-7 more wins...
I hope he can continue this way agqinst okc,so he want pull casper against ibaka...
escobar8

Re: Pau Discussion: stay in the post screw everything else (340)

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Well then

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/321869880381026304
During 2nd qtr, Kobe said D'Antoni told players during a timeout to "Stop trying to do things on the pick and roll, just go inside to [Pau]"

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Boy did it feel good!

Dude it's astounding how fast you whip those up for the occasion! :bow: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 pm

escobar8 wrote:Pau has been trolling us for long time...if he played this way we would atleast have 6-7 more wins...
I hope he can continue this way agqinst okc,so he want pull casper against ibaka...

Yeah you mean like Dwight was trolling us until Feb? Maybe they're both getting healthy. More so with Pau, Dwight's head was in the wrong place totally early on.
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion