Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Punk-101 wrote:would Brooklyn part with JJ or would NY part with Melo/ No freaking way, right?

Joe Johnson has the worst contract in the league. 20+ million until 4 years from now IIRC. No to that. I like the plan, but JJ is a no for contract purposes.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:would Brooklyn part with JJ or would NY part with Melo/ No freaking way, right?

Joe Johnson has the worst contract in the league. 20+ million until 4 years from now IIRC. No to that. I like the plan, but JJ is a no for contract purposes.

Ouch. i knew it was $19mil, but not for 4 years. I thought it was expiring the same as Nash, but you're right. No thanks. I'd rather have the cap space to sign Dwight to a max and maybe two top FAs a few years from now.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

He's also playing pretty bad in Brooklyn, his FG % is what I believe to be a career low and that's with Williams drawing some attention from him.
XXIV

Postby last stand on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm

joe is actually playing bad because of deron williams. he's grown accustomed to having the ball in his hands. aka he wouldn't fit here either. neither would melo.

ideally you'd get a healthy danny granger but that doesn't exist. second ideally you would get rudy gay but he is impossible.

best case scenario you get deng, but i think that would have worked 2 years ago. too late now. but he'd fit seamlessly
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Jazz send a pick to the Magic for a pretty good wing player. They unload Big Al's and Paul Millsap's expiring contracts. The Magic unload two veterans with monster contracts which helps them with their tanking strategy. Lakers send their 2013 second round picks to whoever it takes to get it done.

Edit: They can take JJ Redick out and the deal would still work
Greatest of All Time

Postby Center Court on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:Image

Jazz send a pick to the Magic for a pretty good wing player. They unload Big Al's and Paul Millsap's expiring contracts. The Magic unload two veterans with monster contracts which helps them with their tanking strategy. Lakers send their 2013 second round picks to whoever it takes to get it done.

no offense but you post such lop sided trades

Milsap alone is better that Pau. Parsons is a very very good young player. Pau can't bring that back.

The best case is a starting sf or a couple decent players for Pau.
Center Court

Postby JamrockLakaFan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 pm

What about Bass/Jeff Green - a couple of us was reasoning @ work that's probably most even trade for both.

Welcome to JamRock
Camp Weh Di Thugs Dem Camp at
2 Pound A Weed Inna Van Back :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

1 Good Thing About Music When It Hits U Feel no Pain
JamrockLakaFan

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm

^No thanks to Jeff Green. Mediocre, overrated, and he just signed a toxic contract. I never understood the hype around the guy. For a tweener, "stretch 4" his efficiency is bad, and he's never finished a season with a PER over the league average.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Center Court wrote:

Milsap alone is better that Pau. Parsons is a very very good young player. Pau can't bring that back.

No offense but your vague description of a starting SF or a couple decent players doesn't mean anything if you can't even come up with a hypothetical trade scenario that benefits all parties, considers each team's payroll and salary cap situation and works under the rules of the CBA. Also, it has to be 100% fair because you require that all pieces are fairly and equally distributed, especially multi-team trades involving rebuilding teams.

Why does it matter whether or not Millsap is better than Pau? Jazz aren't trading him for Pau, they're getting Afflalo. Did you read the part where Millsap walks for nothing at the end of the season?

I agree though, Parsons is a very good young player and the Rockets are probably too high on him to trade him for Pau at this point but only because Pau's emoness has completely killed his trade value. If he was still playing even at last year's level, they might do it. I'm just about done with Pau at this point, I might just welcome a trade without Parsons. My only hope is that Pau picks it up, raises his trade value a little and they get a good deal for him. My dream is for McHale to put Parsons in his doghouse and kills his trade value and sends him to the Lakers.

Utah unloads Millsap's and Jefferson's ~23 million in contracts and takes on about ~13 million in smaller contracts. They get hosed talent-wise but Millsap and Jefferson will probably walk anyway, might as well save money in the process without giving anything up. Lakers send them 2013 second round picks if they have to.

Houston gets Pau while keeping Parsons. They give up some rookie deals, expiring contracts, and a pick to lolando. I'm going to laugh if one of you says that's too much for Pau.

lolando gets a huge expiring, unloads 2 huge contracts and speeds up the rebuild process. They also get a pick from Houston.

Lakers get Millsap and Afflalo but also have to eat Hedo's contract.
Greatest of All Time

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 am

Something like Pau for Parsons & Patterson is much more realistic than us getting Millsap or Afflalo.
lakersin4

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 am

Greatest of All Time wrote:
Center Court wrote:

No offense but your vague description of a starting SF or a couple decent players doesn't mean anything if you can't even come up with a hypothetical trade scenario that benefits all parties, considers each team's payroll and salary cap situation and works under the rules of the CBA. Also, it has to be 100% fair because you require that all pieces are fairly and equally distributed, especially multi-team trades involving rebuilding teams.

Why does it matter whether or not Millsap is better than Pau? Jazz aren't trading him for Pau, they're getting Afflalo. Did you read the part where Millsap walks for nothing at the end of the season?

I agree though, Parsons is a very good young player and the Rockets are probably too high on him to trade him for Pau at this point but only because Pau's emoness has completely killed his trade value. If he was still playing even at last year's level, they might do it. I'm just about done with Pau at this point, I might just welcome a trade without Parsons. My only hope is that Pau picks it up, raises his trade value a little and they get a good deal for him. My dream is for McHale to put Parsons in his doghouse and kills his trade value and sends him to the Lakers.

Utah unloads Millsap's and Jefferson's ~23 million in contracts and takes on about ~13 million in smaller contracts. They get hosed talent-wise but Millsap and Jefferson will probably walk anyway, might as well save money in the process without giving anything up. Lakers send them 2013 second round picks if they have to.

Houston gets Pau while keeping Parsons. They give up some rookie deals, expiring contracts, and a pick to lolando. I'm going to laugh if one of you says that's too much for Pau.

lolando gets a huge expiring, unloads 2 huge contracts and speeds up the rebuild process. They also get a pick from Houston.

So we get Turk/Millsap/Afflalo while only giving up Pau/Duhon/Clark?

Bro, stop making trade scenarios, please...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Greatest of All Time on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
Center Court wrote:

This isn't a team 2-team deal. If one team had those three guys and the Lakers did a 1:1 swap, your argument would make sense. It's impossible to get perfectly equal value in multi-team trades. The Jazz got Mo Williams for Fat Odom in a multi-team trade. Read my analysis and try to dispute it or try to make up a better scenario so I can smugly dismiss it.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:28 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
Center Court wrote:

I can't make a trade because right now he is one of the most untradeable players in the NBA. Huge contract, declining game, and mentally checked out.
But just to please you, I'd throw the name Granger out there but Hibbert/West is already pretty good. Pau is to costl for a small market team who won't elevate to new heights. Besides, he's not a good fit at PF, as we've determined.

Josh Smith is not going to happen.

maybe Andrea Bargnani. Maybe to Minny for D Will and some crap/Fillers. maybe some 3 way where Denver moves Chandler or Gallo.

But no way in hell are your suggestions even plausible. In fact, they are embarrassing and yet you go on to describe in full length them like they are even worth discussing.
Center Court

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 am

2009: The intensity, the passion, the hunger...I swear, this seems like a completely different man. I loved watching this mix, brought back great memories.

GoldenKnight

Postby Greatest of All Time on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:45 am

Center Court wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
Center Court wrote:

I can't make a trade because right now he is one of the most untradeable players in the NBA. Huge contract, declining game, and mentally checked out.
But just to please you, I'd throw the name Granger out there but Hibbert/West is already pretty good. Pau is to costl for a small market team who won't elevate to new heights. Besides, he's not a good fit at PF, as we've determined.

Josh Smith is not going to happen.

maybe Andrea Bargnani. Maybe to Minny for D Will and some crap/Fillers. maybe some 3 way where Denver moves Chandler or Gallo.

But no way in hell are your suggestions even plausible. In fact, they are embarrassing and yet you go on to describe in full length them like they are even worth discussing.

Granger for Pau is not even remotely plausible.

Bargnani is softer than Pau. It's embarassing you'd even want him over Pau Gasol.

Derrick Williams in a straight salary dump huh? It's embarassing you'd suggest salary dumping Pau and completely throw away the entire season. I feel ashamed as a Laker fan that a fellow Laker fan is even entertaining the idea of throwing the season away in a Pau salary dump.

some 3 way with Denver? What's that supposed to even mean? Who's the third team that's taking Pau Gasol and what does Denver get out of it? Absolutely zero analysis or insight. Emarassing # 3

Embarassing.

Just embarassing.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 am

GoldenKnight wrote:2009: The intensity, the passion, the hunger...I swear, this seems like a completely different man. I loved watching this mix, brought back great memories.

WOW....It's like I was in a dream watching that video. It also felt like I was watching a tribute video of a person who died and now were celebrating the good times we remember. I don't mean for this to be funny but it's just dramatic and stunning how night and day Pau was 3 years ago compared to today. Just look at how he finished around the basket back then...all the dunks, jumping ability, and quickness

Kind of sad watching that video because the music went so perfectly with him and all the memories.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby icencream27 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:49 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:2009: The intensity, the passion, the hunger...I swear, this seems like a completely different man. I loved watching this mix, brought back great memories.

WOW....It's like I was in a dream watching that video. It also felt like I was watching a tribute video of a person who died and now were celebrating the good times we remember. I don't mean for this to be funny but it's just dramatic and stunning how night and day Pau was 3 years ago compared to today. Just look at how he finished around the basket back then...all the dunks, jumping ability, and quickness

Kind of sad watching that video because the music went so perfectly with him and all the memories.

I have faith that he still has got it. The past 2 years he hasn't beena featured as much as Bynum and Howard so he feels lef out . When his confidence is there, you'll see that pau come back

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
icencream27

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 am

icencream27 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:

I have faith that he still has got it. The past 2 years he hasn't beena featured as much as Bynum and Howard so he feels lef out . When his confidence is there, you'll see that pau come back

There's nothing more I would love than for Pau to hold that trophy up once again with the Lakers after the tough time & criticism he has been receiving.

GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 am

Anderson probably isn't going to happen unless we get real lucky, I wonder who the others are on the short list? And it does look like Pau is going to get moved sooner rather than later......

Source: Ryan Anderson atop Lakers’ wish list if Gasol traded
Leave a comment
By Jabari Davis
December 04, 2012 at 9:09 AM

LOS ANGELES — Ryan Anderson is the No. 1 target of the Los Angeles Lakers if they decide to trade Pau Gasol, an NBA source tells SheridanHoops.com.

But there are complications, and they begin in the Lakers front office.

General manager Mitch Kupchak is opposed to moving Gasol, who has been benched in several fourth quarters ever since Mike D’Antoni took over as head coach.

But de facto GM Jim Buss — the man who made the decision to hire D’Antoni instead of Phil Jackson, would prefer to shed 7-foot Spaniard’s contract in order to obtain a player more suitable to D’Antoni’s system.

“They have a short list, and Anderson seems to be at the top,” the source told SheridanHoops on condition of anonymity.

Aside from the Kupchak-Buss disagreement, the Hornets have no intention of trading Anderson, who is not eligible to be dealt until Dec. 15 — the date when players who signed as free agents over the summer become trade eligible.

But Anderson is their No. 1 trade asset not named Anthony Davis, and the trick for the Lakers would be finding a third team to take Gasol and surrender the type of assets the Hornets would be seeking — a replacement for Anderson at the 4 position, along with future draft picks that would likely become lottery picks.

Commodities like that are difficult to find, but one team that is sitting on a potentially valuable future first-rounder is the Chicago Bulls, who acquired a No. 1 pick from the Charlotte Bobcats in the Feb., 2010 deal that sent Tyrus Thomas to the ‘Cats. The pick is top-12 protected in the 2013 Draft, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.]
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 am

man it really makes me sad knowing that pau is most likely gonna be traded
:man6:

and that video doesn't help since it brought me back to a few years ago when pau was such a dominant force. but as sad as it makes me, i know it's gotta happen. the way he's been playing lately is just unacceptable and he's definitely slowed down
432J

Postby Legendary on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 am

That video is depressing. :man5:
Legendary

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:22 am

Anderson would be great.. He's nowhere near the player Pau is but he's been balling & would fit better than Pau. I would hope we get some other assets, possibly from the 3rd team that takes Pau.
lakersin4

Postby solenstyle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:24 am

Poor Pau :man6:
solenstyle

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 am

That 09 team was so different.. Seeing Pau, LO, Ariza out running the break.. We need that energy back if Pringles is going to take us anywhere.
lakersin4

Postby abeer3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 am

for what pau is likely to fetch in trade, i'd probably rather keep him and move him to the bench.

it's sad when an optimistic return for pau is andrea bargnani, but that's where things are. never sell low.
abeer3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion