Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (out indefinitely for now, d2d p.222)

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm

khmrP wrote:
XXIV wrote:
khmrP wrote:good he's resting to heal up, shameful he's doing it on company time. He could've rested in the summer :freak2:

He wasn't injured during the summer, it was Brown's stupid two a day practices that caused him to get tendinitis.

is that fact or just your opinion?

Parsimony, gentlemen?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

This can be really good for the team, or we'll finally realize how much Pau means to our team

Im confident that we win tonight's game though....Jamison and Hill will do more than hold their own against the likes of Patrick Patterson and company. If we blow out the Rockets...will people start calling for Pau to come off the bench similar to how Amare is being called to come off the bench?
FabFourLakers

Postby John3:16 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:45 pm

I've never heard of NBA teams having 2-a-days. This isn't the NFL.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Interesting that the Lakers are eyeing Ryan Anderson for Pau....that's a good deal...but to make the money work, the Hornets would have to include at least 3 more players....HOWEVER...an interesting deal would be if they decided to cut ties with ERIC GORDON, who has played only 9 games for them....Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson for Pau Gasol....

The question is....would the Lakers take the risk on EG if it meant getting rid of Pau and getting that stretch 4 in the process? EG just signed a max deal....
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Interesting that the Lakers are eyeing Ryan Anderson for Pau....that's a good deal...but to make the money work, the Hornets would have to include at least 3 more players....HOWEVER...an interesting deal would be if they decided to cut ties with ERIC GORDON, who has played only 9 games for them....Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson for Pau Gasol....

The question is....would the Lakers take the risk on EG if it meant getting rid of Pau and getting that stretch 4 in the process? EG just signed a max deal....

you think NOH would trade us EG in addition to Anderson for Pau? :man10: , as for your 2nd part, mgmt. would jiz all over themselves if NOH offered EG/Anderson :man10:
khmrP

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
John3:16 wrote:I've never heard of NBA teams having 2-a-days. This isn't the NFL.

This is the NBA though. Where some teams have 2-a-days. Especially this past training camp.

Are those teams, younger than the Lakers?
easyguy

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

khmrP wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:Interesting that the Lakers are eyeing Ryan Anderson for Pau....that's a good deal...but to make the money work, the Hornets would have to include at least 3 more players....HOWEVER...an interesting deal would be if they decided to cut ties with ERIC GORDON, who has played only 9 games for them....Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson for Pau Gasol....

you think NOH would trade us EG in addition to Anderson for Pau? :man10: , as for your 2nd part, mgmt. would jiz all over themselves if NOH offered EG/Anderson :man10:

Well dude, EG has really done NOTHING for the Hornets so far, and he has chronic knees, meaning BOTH knees are bad. He has barely played for them, and they just threw him max money...Pau's contract is much shorter than both Anderson and EG...they would still have Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers and Aminu as their young core...I mean I think its probably more of a risk for the Lakers to take on that kind of money for a player who has really not proven that he can stay on the court for the past 2 yrs or so....for the Hornets, they bring in Pau, he can really help Anthony Davis develop, and they are good fits next to each other since they both can hit mid range (we all know Pau is going to magically find his game when he goes somewhere else).

I think of it this way...Hornets are gonna say if we're going to give up someone like Ryan Anderson, then we better unload any other risky contracts that we have in this deal. EG does have a TON of upside but he comes with a lot of risk esp with that new MAX deal he just inked.
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Well dude, EG has really done NOTHING for the Hornets so far, and he has chronic knees, meaning BOTH knees are bad. He has barely played for them, and they just threw him max money...Pau's contract is much shorter than both Anderson and EG...they would still have Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers and Aminu as their young core...I mean I think its probably more of a risk for the Lakers to take on that kind of money for a player who has really not proven that he can stay on the court for the past 2 yrs or so....for the Hornets, they bring in Pau, he can really help Anthony Davis develop, and they are good fits next to each other since they both can hit mid range (we all know Pau is going to magically find his game when he goes somewhere else).

I think of it this way...Hornets are gonna say if we're going to give up someone like Ryan Anderson, then we better unload any other risky contracts that we have in this deal. EG does have a TON of upside but he comes with a lot of risk esp with that new MAX deal he just inked.

thats how you think as a LAKER fan, I can tell you there's at least 4-5 teams that will offer much better packages for EG even with his injury. Hell Pau can't even net you Anderson alone, NOH is supposedly looking for picks/youth, which we have neither.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
khmrP wrote:

you're thinking this as a purely laker fan standpoint, I can honestly say there's at least 4-5 teams that can offer much better package for EG alone even with his injury. Hell NOH wouldn't even trade Anderson for Pau straigtup, they want youth/picks according to some reports and I can see why.
khmrP

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:02 pm

khmrP wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
khmrP wrote:

you're thinking this as a purely laker fan standpoint, I can honestly say there's at least 4-5 teams that can offer much better package for EG alone even with his injury. Hell NOH wouldn't even trade Anderson for Pau straigtup, they want youth/picks according to some reports and I can see why.

I don't think there are 4-5 teams that WANT Eric Gordon right now. He's already being labeled a bad signing by the media. Like I said, he has BARELY played in the last 2 yrs....those knees have NOT gotten any better for whatever reason...I don't think teams are lining up to make offers for someone who just signed a max deal. had he not signed that deal? Yes, I agree with you. 29 other teams would be lining up to get this guy. But now there is a certian amount of risk that you are taking by trading for him....if you can name 5 teams that would give up one of their core players (which Pau is for us) for Eric Gordon, you win this argument. But I can't, and I'm willing to bet you can't either.
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm

I do agree that the Hornets would probably be stupid to give up Anderson...gasol is a "good" fit next to Davis but Anderson is the PERFECT fit next to Davis. I wouldn't give him up either.

I think a more realistic target is probably Varejao...although I doubt the Cavs are going to do THAT trade at this point...god Pau's value is just at an all time low....maybe we can get Jerryd Bayless from the Grizzlies for him now? lol
FabFourLakers

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Just cause Pau is core player for us doesn't he doesn't SUCK!, which he does. NOH has no reason to give us Anderson on top of EG....I can bet you Pho would still be interested and offer multiple picks and straight up cap relief for EG.
khmrP

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:I knew it. This was Gasol's decision. He is a total panzy. Just when the team needs him most, and when the heat is totally turned up, he sits it out. Nice of Kobe to say he did it too, but the timing is terrible. Gasol is using it as an excuse for being passive and gettings his wussy flip shot blocked every game. He is also missing FTs more. Whatever...he did the same thing in Memphis. Run away and hide....

Good lord shut the hell up already

Screw you. Mr. tough guy on a forum. I am entitled to my opinion. He is a wuss. If Spain were playing Brazil tonight, he would be out there. Rest him all you want. when he returns, the same issues will return too -- passive, hot potato with the ball in crunch time, screaming and falling down on any shot in the paint, and fumbling passes. Those things, plus being pushed around by Al Harrington, Dirk, Landry and other soft, smaller defenders. This is an excuse for him to run and hide until Nash gets back because he can't and won't try to help Kobe and Dwight when the need him most. I have posted on this forum for too long to have your dumb arss write things like that. Tough guy...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:15 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:I knew it. This was Gasol's decision. He is a total panzy. Just when the team needs him most, and when the heat is totally turned up, he sits it out. Nice of Kobe to say he did it too, but the timing is terrible. Gasol is using it as an excuse for being passive and gettings his wussy flip shot blocked every game. He is also missing FTs more. Whatever...he did the same thing in Memphis. Run away and hide....

Good lord shut the hell up already

Screw you. I have posted on this forum for too long to have your dumb arss write things like that.

I gave him a Christmas pass on a formal warning, so I'll do the same for you. This post deserves a warning, and the next one like will get warned.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Ok. I have taken a deep breath. Thanks TIME for saying something. I hadn't gone down that far when I responded.

I am not hating on Gasol. He faked an injury in Memphis when he was getting cruicified by the fan base for his soft play and the heat was on for a trade. I saw him play harder this summer than he did in the last two post seasons for the Lakers, despite Phil hitting him in the chest and despite being defended by Harrington, Faried, Dirk, and Landry. Sure, he may be fatigued and even have some creaky knees, but his fumbling the ball, missing FTs, getting pushed all over the place, and throwing a pass to Artest with the game on the line in OKC last year tell a better story. He has mentally checked out after that second ring. And I still think he had a lot of soft moments during those two chips - though I do admit we would not have won either without him. I just can't believe that playing with Kobe and Phil hasn't toughened him up more, and that he hasn't bulked up in the gym. I still see his weaknesses as more mental than anything. So healing his knees won't matter. Just one man's opinion.... flame away.....respectfully please
tigerjeterkobe

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm

???? First time I have ever received a warning on any forum. I was responding in kind. Double Ts were warranted, I guess.

Sorry.

So....now we have two starters out, and our main back up PG. Kenyon Marting and Farmar for Sacre and DJO?? Sigh, this is going to be a rough month for the Lakers. I just hope we don't run Kobe, Ron, and Dwight into the ground and cause more injuries to key players.....
tigerjeterkobe

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
TIME wrote:I gave him a Christmas pass on a formal warning, so I'll do the same for you. This post deserves a warning, and the next one like will get warned.

Do I get one too?

Sort of. I decided not to hit Submit on my post to you.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:36 pm

This Pau thing is frustrating. I get it. He's our perennial All-Star, is receiving a ludicrous salary, and he's playing at times like he's a borderline starter. But we've got to remain civil on the board. After all, it's not like it's the Gasol supporters' fault that Pau isn't doing well. And maybe we're a bit spoiled by Kobe's prolific ability to play through pain and injuries. It's not the norm, so we shouldn't let him set the standard for all players.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm

trodgers wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:
TIME wrote:I gave him a Christmas pass on a formal warning, so I'll do the same for you. This post deserves a warning, and the next one like will get warned.

Do I get one too?

Sort of. I decided not to hit Submit on my post to you.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:???? First time I have ever received a warning on any forum. I was responding in kind. Double Ts were warranted, I guess.

Sorry.

So....now we have two starters out, and our main back up PG. Kenyon Marting and Farmar for Sacre and DJO?? Sigh, this is going to be a rough month for the Lakers. I just hope we don't run Kobe, Ron, and Dwight into the ground and cause more injuries to key players.....

Just to be extra clear, I did not give a formal warning to either him or you. Both his post and yours violated site rules, but I'm hoping you can both just make the necessary adjustment, scale back on the personal stuff and stick with arguing the issues.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerzkb8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm

I dont live in LA anymore, but man the disrespect Laker fans show to their players sometimes. You guys literally run people out of town if they arent giving you want you want. After Kobe retires I can see myself turning into just a casual NBA fan the way I am with the NFL. Not down with fans who are spoiled and feel their entitled to everything.

ANYWAY. Whatever happens with Pau I hope he comes back to form soon and shuts everyone up. Either that or goes somewhere where hes respected a little more. Guy brought us back into contention after a few painful years of mediocrity and this is how we thank him. We run him out of town. Our leader disrespects him and says put your big boy pants on ( kobe should put play some defense and accept some responsibility too but all i ever hear him say is im still a bad muthaeffer....ok kobe.). Fans nickname him Gasoft. :man10: . Lame. Hes not the only person on this roster who needs to step his game up. Theres no justification to belittling a player on OUR team. Dont give me the hes being paid this that and a third talk. The contract is what it is. As fans its our job to help team/player morale not make things worse.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:???? First time I have ever received a warning on any forum. I was responding in kind. Double Ts were warranted, I guess.

Sorry.

you're lucky TIME isn't Joey Crawford...you'd both be ejected from the forum
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

Sorry.

:man10: I'M lucky I'm not Joey Crawford... though we do have similar hair cuts.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

Sorry.

:man10: ahhh, some levity, thanks. needed that. so frustrated with this season. to think back on how excited I was on my birthday -- Aug 11 -- to have Dwight and Nash, and then Meeks and Jamison. To be so bad and watch this team play without any freedom and fun. just sucks. injuries too. Gasol should have taken a break a week ago. I question the timing as a response to Kobe's comments. Though it was good that Kobe softened and said he took time off last year too.

I wonder why MDA didn't bring DJO back up -- though he is getting good experience and playing well with the DLers.
tigerjeterkobe

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion