If Pau does not mesh upons Nash's Return

If Pau does not mesh upons Nash's Return

Postby magic2kb8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Is there any possibility that Ryan Anderson could be had. How hard would it be condidering the Hornets got him for litlle of notthing. Paus contract is much to expensive.
magic2kb8

Re: If Pau does not mesh upons Nash's Return

Postby MadMax on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:59 pm

No
MadMax

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Too good to be true ... we really would be an offensive monster with him as a stretch 4.

Pelicans are smart animals , what would they want a Llama on their team ?
wcsoldier81

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:11 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Too good to be true ... we really would be an offensive monster with him as a stretch 4.

Pelicans are smart animals , what would they want a Llama on their team ?

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
King of Clutch

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 pm

LMAO
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm

GoldHammish

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 am

I'm a big Pau supporter so I really don't want to see him traded. However, we need to improve the team. So I think the Lakers are bending the truth a little bit about waiting to see if he works out with Nash. I think they are waiting for December 16th. After the 15th of December there will be more options in trading because players who can't be traded now can be then. There can be a three or 4 team trade that works that I really think they are targeting Ryan Anderson. Right now Anderson is a better player both in spreading the floor & rebounding. So to me as a Pau supporter if the Lakers can bring a trade that brings in Anderson and Calderon or Anderson & Ridenour & some picks and fillers I'm on board.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Sean on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

It is widely presumed around the league that Howard's former Orlando teammate Ryan Anderson, now in New Orleans, is the Lakers' No. 1 trade target if they were to consent to dealing Gasol. But sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Anderson is regarded as a virtual untouchable by the Hornets, given that the 24-year-old is not only a highly competent stretch power forward signed to a comparatively reasonable four-year contract but also because Anderson has proven to be an underrated rebounder. Rebounding and defense have long been areas of concern with Bargnani, who was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8719587/los-angeles-lakers-rebuffing-trade-inquiries-pau-gasol
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby XXIV on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:18 am

If Davis can become a dominant player in the post Anderson is definitely someone the Hornets/Pelicans want to keep. Plus salaries would have to match and we'd have to cut players in order to receive additional players.
XXIV

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 am

Sean wrote:
It is widely presumed around the league that Howard's former Orlando teammate Ryan Anderson, now in New Orleans, is the Lakers' No. 1 trade target if they were to consent to dealing Gasol. But sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Anderson is regarded as a virtual untouchable by the Hornets, given that the 24-year-old is not only a highly competent stretch power forward signed to a comparatively reasonable four-year contract but also because Anderson has proven to be an underrated rebounder. Rebounding and defense have long been areas of concern with Bargnani, who was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8719587/los-angeles-lakers-rebuffing-trade-inquiries-pau-gasol

I'm aware of what they said, however, after December 15th the offers for Pau will be better, so finding a trade partner to give the Pelicans something that may tempt them to change their position is possible. A lot of teams say someone not available then the next month the very person they said is untouchable is no longer there.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 am

to get Anderson, you need a 3rd team for sure, NOH has no reason what soever to give up a 24yr old thats leading the league in 3pt shooting for a 32 yrd old on the decline.
khmrP

Postby abeer3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 pm

why would NO give up anderson for...anything? he makes 8 million per year, defends his position adequately (though not well), is maybe the best shooter in the entire league from distance, and rebounds well. he's like a young troy murphy, except maybe an even better shooter and cheaper.

unless you're offering a young star, i don't see NO giving him up. he's a building block role player--like a nick collison type, if that makes sense.

if the lakers want to move pau, they're going to have to take a downgrade in talent to compensate for his salary, or they'll have to take crazy salary back (i don't see the latter happening). the deals that the lakers are rumored to have shot down are probably more realistic: bargnani and calderon (stretch 4 and expiring contract), derrick williams, pekovic, and expirings (young player with unrealized potential and an excellent backup c). if the lakers don't want those, i believe they plan on keeping pau, at least through the season.
abeer3

Postby Alcindor on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Star quality bigs in their prime on reasonable contracts don't get moved unless they cause it to happen.
Alcindor

Return to Lakers Discussion