Pau Gasol and Mike D'Antoni are not on the same page

Re: Pau Gasol and Mike D'Antoni are not on the same page

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 pm

There doesn't need to be a hollywood twist to see he's not happy right now and if he's not happy right now, he's going to pout.

That doesn't mean that Gasol ISN'T a cancer. By the way, I'm not saying Gasol is himself a cancer by nature, but the situation has made him into one.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:There doesn't need to be a hollywood twist to see he's not happy right now and if he's not happy right now, he's going to pout.

That doesn't mean that Gasol ISN'T a cancer. By the way, I'm not saying Gasol is himself a cancer by nature, but the situation has made him into one.

Ok, setting aside the "cancer" talk - I suppose what I would really like to see is this LA team go inside out with Gasol for a few games. Let the man get to work at what he does best. I don't need to see Howard traded, or the whole team blown up, etc. But dammit, let's see Gasol put his money where his mouth is. Feed him inside in the 4th with 2 minutes left and let him win or lose. I don't watch every game, but I do watch a lot. And it really has seemed like for the last 2 years, Gasol has been hobbled by coaching.

Yes, he had a bad playoffs in Phil's last year. But that also had a lot to do with being Dirkd, and that Mavs team not missing a 3 point shot for 2 months straight.

FREE GASOL! VIVA PAU!

*And yes, I hated him a couple days ago. So, take all this with a grain of salt.
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Give Gasol the rock with 2 minutes left and tell him to create? Oh man that's some shaky s***. We did that in the 2011 playoffs and the dude choked. Since then he's a hard time NOT choking. Some would say that he hasn't been clutch for most of his NBA career outside of the 2010 (and to a lesser extent the 2009) playoffs.

I don't mind giving him the ball offensively, but that's what we're doing now with him off the bench. It's actually working alright offensively, but defensively he's still awful and he's still not happy in general. He really just needs to be moved honestly. He's unhappy, we apparently don't have enough room for him on the offensive end. It's not working well for him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:Give Gasol the rock with 2 minutes left and tell him to create? Oh man that's some shaky s***. We did that in the 2011 playoffs and the dude choked. Since then he's a hard time NOT choking. Some would say that he hasn't been clutch for most of his NBA career outside of the 2010 (and to a lesser extent the 2009) playoffs.

I don't mind giving him the ball offensively, but that's what we're doing now with him off the bench. It's actually working alright offensively, but defensively he's still awful and he's still not happy in general. He really just needs to be moved honestly. He's unhappy, we apparently don't have enough room for him on the offensive end. It's not working well for him.

Let me pose a question:

How do you think Howard would do off the bench?
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

The same as Gasol: extremely well. He's still a dominating presence and he's still the best big man in the game.

But he's not 32 years old and declining physically. He's a young superstar. Moving him to the bench makes no sense.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion