Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby NeeJee on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 am

Ariza3 wrote:
NeeJee wrote:I was always saying to myself "just wait and see how Pau does once Nash comes back, and if he's still performing like this, he's GONE".

Honestly with these consistent horrid performances from Pau, I'm almost certain that Mitch, Jim and co. are starting to make some calls...that is if they haven't already started to make calls.

this. still think nash will make him better...im hoping

MY hope is waning
NeeJee

Postby odom1year on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 am

Can we get Amare ?
odom1year

Postby NeeJee on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:17 am

odom1year wrote:Can we get Amare ?

I'll put money that the population of Lakers fans who are against the Pau for Amare trade is dwindling very quickly...
NeeJee

Postby last stand on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

Someone on another forum posted a great deal IMO

Pau and Blake for kirilenko, Derrick Williams, Luke ridnour

Howard/ hill
Kirilenko/ jamison
Artest/ Williams
Kobe/ Meeks
Nash/ ridnour

Depth solved, starting 5 fits better
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby borri on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 am

Seriously folks....when was the last time you saw a 7 footer get blocked FIVE times in a game?

Amare? Hell yes.
borri

Postby NeeJee on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:34 am

borri wrote:Seriously folks....when was the last time you saw a 7 footer get blocked FIVE times in a game?

Amare? Hell yes.

Most of those blocked shots were off of shots that were very "soft". He didn't shoot them with a purpose. He's 7 feet tall, and a solid 200 pounds. He shouldn't be pushed around this easily. I'm not gonna say this guy doesn't have ANY heart, but his heart is questionable at best.
NeeJee

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 am

Hey Pau, pass out of the post more. I think that would be a great idea.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 am

last stand wrote:Someone on another forum posted a great deal IMO

Pau and Blake for kirilenko, Derrick Williams, Luke ridnour

Howard/ hill
Kirilenko/ jamison
Artest/ Williams
Kobe/ Meeks
Nash/ ridnour

Depth solved, starting 5 fits better

That's realistic, and it fits well with D'Antoni's system. I'd do that trade.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 am

King of Clutch wrote:
noobiew wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:And I would make that amare deal in a heartbeat. If they can make the money work. I'm sorry but a healthy amare > current pau any day of the week...

Certainly no to Amare, the dude can't stayed healthy either.

well i'll just disagree then. Amare certainly can put up better numbers than 13.4 ppg, 9.1 rpg, on 43% shooting and 12.4 field goal attempts. So don't even use him having less shots as an issue. Dwights only taking 10.9 shots per game, and is getting 18ppg from it. WAKE UP PPL!!!

Sorry but really don't want Amare anywhere near to this team, an Amare with lost athleticism is a mediocre player with injury concern and his albatross contact is so scary to me, a worse defender, rebounder, passer and post scorer compared to Pau. A swap with Amare and Pau would only benefit and help NYK not us. I trade Pau for depth but certainly not Amare.

Like I said in other thread, how about to seek a trade with the New Orleans Hornets, Pau Gasol for Ryan Anderson & combo guard Greivis Vasquez.

Unlike Pau Gasol, Ryan Anderson is a true stretch 4 which could knock down 3 pointers in a consistent basic, Dwight needs to play with a stretch 4 to be successful and Ryan Anderson would be a perfect fit next to Dwight, this duo already proven in Orlando the pair worked & compensate each other very well, not to mention Anderson is also fit in perfectly and would polish under D'Antoni system.

Why would New Orleans Hornets do this, Pau Gasol is still a very solid big men in the league just being misused currently, you swap their starting center Robin Lopez with Pau Gasol and this would be an instant upgrade to the Hornets. Pau would automatically become their team best player and would be able to work inside the paint to maximize his skill-set, and unlike with Dwight, Gasol would be a good fit with rookie Anthony Davis, he can also bring leadership and help Davis to develop his game long term.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby l__o on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 am

noobiew wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
noobiew wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:And I would make that amare deal in a heartbeat. If they can make the money work. I'm sorry but a healthy amare > current pau any day of the week...

Certainly no to Amare, the dude can't stayed healthy either.

well i'll just disagree then. Amare certainly can put up better numbers than 13.4 ppg, 9.1 rpg, on 43% shooting and 12.4 field goal attempts. So don't even use him having less shots as an issue. Dwights only taking 10.9 shots per game, and is getting 18ppg from it. WAKE UP PPL!!!

Sorry but really don't want Amare anywhere near to this team, an Amare with lost athleticism is a mediocre player with injury concern and his albatross contact is so scary to me, a worse defender, rebounder, passer and post scorer compared to Pau. A swap with Amare and Pau would only benefit and help NYK not us. I trade Pau for depth but certainly not Amare.

Like I said in other thread, how about to seek a trade with the New Orleans Hornets, Pau Gasol for Ryan Anderson & combo guard Greivis Vasquez.

Unlike Pau Gasol, Ryan Anderson is a true stretch 4 which could knock down 3 pointers in a consistent basic, Dwight needs to play with a stretch 4 to be successful and Ryan Anderson would be a perfect fit next to Dwight, this duo already proven in Orlando the pair worked & compensate each other very well, not to mention Anderson is also fit in perfectly and would polish under D'Antoni system.

Why would New Orleans Hornets do this, Pau Gasol is still a very solid big men in the league just being misused currently, you swap their starting center Robin Lopez with Pau Gasol and this would be an instant upgrade to the Hornets. Pau would automatically become their team best player and would be able to work inside the paint to maximize his skill-set, and unlike with Dwight, Gasol would be a good fit with rookie Anthony Davis, he can also bring leadership and help Davis to develop his game long term.

Really Ryan Anderson?
Although Pau isnt himself lately, R A not even close to Pau :disagree:
l__o

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 am

:wave: :mad1:
kenzo

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 am

Is Amare still available? :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:36 am

A quick look at Gasol's numbers since coming to LA

Scoring Efficiency
Yr1: 6.4
Yr2: 6.1
Yr3: 6.1
Yr4: 6.1
Yr5: 5.8
Yr6: 5.2

Passing Efficiency
Yr1: 3.0
Yr2: 2.9
Yr3: 2.8
Yr4: 2.8
Yr5: 2.9
Yr6: 2.9

Hustle Efficiency
Yr1: 3.2
Yr2: 3.3
Yr3: 3.6
Yr4: 3.4
Yr5: 3.2
Yr6: 3.1

Offensive Efficiency
Yr1: 105.7
Yr2: 101.1
Yr3: 104.6
Yr4: 102.4
Yr5: 94.2
Yr6: 82.5

SYNERGY (Points per Possession - estimated)
Yr1: 1.28
Yr2: 1.23
Yr3: 1.17
Yr4: 1.19
Yr5: 1.12
Yr6: 1.03
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby sina on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 am

Trade Pau to Boston for Green, Lee n Terry/Bass

Lakers lineup:
Howard/ Hill
Jamison/ Green
MWP/ Lee
Kobe/ Meeks
Nash/ Terry
sina

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 am

^^^Green sucks!!!
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:39 am

man just when his 20mill price tag wasn't bad enough for trade value, his garbage play isn't helping any either :bang:
khmrP

Postby NeeJee on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 am

This dude is on his way out. I can smell it in the air.
NeeJee

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:21 am

pau garbage sig.

#tradepaugasol
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby SublimeAnarky on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 am

@TommyDeeTKB, check his tl. He hears 'rumblings' of a Gasol trade.. Anyone know this dude?

I'd post it here, but I don't know how.
SublimeAnarky

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 am

no more excuse are needed for this guy, Nash return can only do so much for Pau. Its nots gona stop Pau from being a slow weakling on D who routinely gets beat and gets punked in the paint and its NOT gona stop him from shooting jumpers all day, look at this Indy game...he gets blk 5x I think mostly due to his weak attempts at the basket.
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 am

SublimeAnarky wrote:@TommyDeeTKB, check his tl. He hears 'rumblings' of a Gasol trade.. Anyone know this dude?

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
Hearing rumblings that a Pau Gasol trade is in the works... not sure if the #knicks are in these discussions.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

the only thing more depressing than Pau's play are these Amare rumors...wake up, Spaniard
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am

pound4pound1 wrote:the only thing more depressing than Pau's play are these Amare rumors...wake up, Spaniard

^^ Agreed. Do NOT want.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby SublimeAnarky on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 am

Doc Brown wrote:
SublimeAnarky wrote:@TommyDeeTKB, check his tl. He hears 'rumblings' of a Gasol trade.. Anyone know this dude?

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
Hearing rumblings that a Pau Gasol trade is in the works... not sure if the #knicks are in these discussions.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Thanks Doc... I was trying to get that fancy twitter quote going :man11: but that ^ works just as well.
SublimeAnarky

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion