Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: $19,000,000 sixth man

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 am

all these "exceptions" to add players and not a peep of interest in bringing in anymore :disagree:
khmrP

Postby scissors on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 am

Damn it. We are walking on thin ice now.
scissors

Postby charvin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 am

I'm sorry to hear that he's suffering through this injury, but he is partially at fault. Knowing the possible severity of the injury and he plays through it knowing full well it could be made worse...
charvin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 am

khmrP wrote:all these "exceptions" to add players and not a peep of interest in bringing in anymore :disagree:

that's for fisher
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby XXIV on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 am

charvin wrote:I'm sorry to hear that he's suffering through this injury, but he is partially at fault. Knowing the possible severity of the injury and he plays through it knowing full well it could be made worse...

Yea because no player has ever played through plantar fasciitis. :bang:
XXIV

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 am

Wow, this season... :nono2:

We just cant catch a break. I guess it's just time to hope he's ok or hope Dwight comes back quickly.

Sacre/Clark/Jamison at the 5 is a no-go.
phoenixrisingla

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 am

XXIV wrote:
charvin wrote:I'm sorry to hear that he's suffering through this injury, but he is partially at fault. Knowing the possible severity of the injury and he plays through it knowing full well it could be made worse...

Yea because no player has ever played through plantar fasciitis. :bang:

Blaming the player who's trying to man up and contribute to the team?? C'mon man...

Dont we as fans ask for this all the time? To try to put this back on him after he was honestly giving everything for this last stretch is just unbelievably not cool. :disagree:
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 am

We are asking for Dwight to play through an injury...
We're expecting Kobe to keep playing through his injuries...

Yet Gasol tries and someone gives him s***. Makes sense.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:53 am

We only have one center now, and that's Sacre. Even in small ball you can't put Tawn and Clark there. It's a disaster. Dwight is not much taller then them, but he's so much bigger and stronger, it's not even funny.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby ojdidit123 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am

The difference is Gasol sucks and has done his best to help tank this team the last 3 seasons.. The guy doesn't deserve anymore praise for the rest of his tenure here, I don't care if he starts dropping 20 and 15 a game when he gets back because if we don't win a title it was all worthless. He has done too much negative over the past 3 years to get any positive credit regardless of what he does unless it brings in a title! Its all about rings people anything less is a failure IF YOU AREN'T FIRST YOU ARE LAST! Only those who grew up appreciating 3rd place trophies and below would argue otherwise because the fact if you ain't winning when it actually matters then nothing that was done prior to the loss matters because YOU LOST! This is black and white and there is no middle ground winning is ALL THAT MATTERS nothing else
ojdidit123

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am

Everything about your post was awful. Everything. I won't even justify it with a break down. All I will say is that Gasol was playing VERY well during our 6-1 stretch up until this game. Reports are that he was ailing throughout the game and that it was getting progressively worse resulting in a "pop" in his foot.

If you can't appreciate what he's done lately and that he was trying to play through pain for a win, then you're not the kind of "fan" I'd like to be associated with.

Effort means nothing apparently if you don't win a Championship. The naivete of that statement is mind boggling.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:02 am

ojdidit123 wrote:

The difference is Gasol sucks and has done his best to help tank this team the last 3 seasons.. The guy doesn't deserve anymore praise for the rest of his tenure here, I don't care if he starts dropping 20 and 15 a game when he gets back because if we don't win a title it was all worthless. He has done too much negative over the past 3 years to get any positive credit regardless of what he does unless it brings in a title! Its all about rings people anything less is a failure IF YOU AREN'T FIRST YOU ARE LAST! Only those who grew up appreciating 3rd place trophies and below would argue otherwise because the fact if you ain't winning when it actually matters then nothing that was done prior to the loss matters because YOU LOST! This is black and white and there is no middle ground winning is ALL THAT MATTERS nothing else

Thanks for sharing so vividly. It makes it extremely easy for me to completely discount your opinion of Pau moving forward. :boxing1: :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby Aonex on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 am

ojdidit123 wrote:

Eddie... what have you done for me lately, Eddie?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 am

Howard, Gasol and Hill....basically our entire front court has the season off.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Kit on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

Is Eddie Curry a FA?
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 am

I expect to hear the news soon that Gasol is gonna miss a good amount of time :freak2:
Ice-Fire

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 am

This is really bad. I think Pau was really starting to click now, was getting better and was really saving us from the other guys injuries.

Luckily, Boston doesn't have much of a frontcourt either, so I think we might actually survive that one without Dwights AND Pau, but it will be very hard going forward... we might need to think about using the DPE or what's left of the MLE.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby TIME on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am

Ice-Fire wrote:I expect to hear the news soon that Gasol is gonna miss a good amount of time :freak2:

Off topic: Were you going for the most irritating avatar ever? Because, if so, I think you nailed it.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 am

Do you want to me to change it?
Ice-Fire

Postby TIME on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 am

Ice-Fire wrote:Do you want to me to change it?

As long as your avatar does not violate any site rules you are free to represent yourself any way you want.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby ojdidit123 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:39 am

If you can't appreciate what he's done lately and that he was trying to play through pain for a win, then you're not the kind of "fan" I'd like to be associated with.

Effort means nothing apparently if you don't win a Championship. The naivete of that statement is mind boggling.

No I will not appreciate what he has done for us lately because he is key in why we are in as bad of shape as we are in to begin with. His awful play for the majority of the first half of the season is one of the big reasons why we are still under .500. His lack of effort and production in the first half of the season are even more of the BIG REASONS WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE!!!! So his play in this 6-1 stretch doesn't mean much to me because the fact of the matter is HE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WE ARE HAVING FIGHT TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! So he wanted to muster up some effort now where was it in the 2011 playoffs huh? how about the 2012 playoffs huh?? Where was it most of this season? So his effort does mean little to nothing now because of all the damage he has done and unless we end this season with a ring. Its simple just as that..
ojdidit123

Postby Ice-Fire on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 am

Thank you TIME :bow:
Ice-Fire

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:46 am

TIME wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:I expect to hear the news soon that Gasol is gonna miss a good amount of time :freak2:

Off topic: Were you going for the most irritating avatar ever? Because, if so, I think you nailed it.

Less annoying, more trippy.
The Laker Link

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:47 am

Praying Pau is ok. I know we all trash him but this is the most critical stretch of the season and we're putting together some nice wins here. If he's out through the All star break and can return when we come back in 2 weeks that would be great.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 am

ojdidit123 wrote:

I agree with realdeal - there is so much inherently wrong and poorly stated in this post that it makes you just want to ignore it and the poster. But that first sentence itself I just can't let go by without questioning. I can completely understand being angry with Pau for his last two playoff runs. I think most of us Laker fans are puzzled at least, and pissed as well, that his play has dropped off so much in both of them.

But to say that he's done his best to undermine his team and teammates on the Lakers is just way out there. That's cuckoo talk as far as I'm concerned. If you're going to make this assertion that Pau has deliberately "done his best" to make the Lakers lose, you better back it up with something, some kind of evidence as to why you're thinking this. Otherwise it just across as nonsense. The guy is a competitor. The guy is a winner both internationally and in the NBA on our very own Laker team. Up until this year's battle with D' Antoni, he has always wanted to be a Laker and has been a good teammate. Yes, he has sucked at times during those playoff runs after we won championships. But to say that it was on purpose and intimate that it was done to F over the Lakers is crazy talk.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion