Pau Discussion: Pau-dini escapes another trade deadline!

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
34
31%
No
62
57%
Maybe (explain)
12
11%
 
Total votes : 108

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Aonex on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Great news for Pau with Nadal out

Pau Gasol:Very happy to be the carrier of the Spanish flag.One of the happiest moments of my career. Thanks Federations and COE! http://youtu.be/RRA6sAl0EVUabout 1 hour ago


Good for Pau, too bad for Rafa.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
User avatar
Aonex

 
Posts: 5222
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Hope Pau can rejuvenate himself in the Olympics for Spain. Watching the 08' USA vs Spain, Pau was a monster. Wish he had that type of game and aggression (alot for Pau) when he plays for LA. I think Nash can get him back on the offensive mind as he fits better with him than Drew.

If he attacks the basket during PnR and dunks the ball or finishes off lobs he'll be unstoppable. Should be fun to see if he steps up and is aggressive (somewhat) on offense. Not asking for much...but instead of popping out for a jumper on PnR everytime, maybe attack the rim with his long arms for a 1 handed slam or layup. That would be nice to see. Nash should force feed him off PnR. Nash & Pau is an excellent fit...hope it translates on the court and not just on paper
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Center Court on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Hope Pau can rejuvenate himself in the Olympics for Spain. Watching the 08' USA vs Spain, Pau was a monster. Wish he had that type of game and aggression (alot for Pau) when he plays for LA. I think Nash can get him back on the offensive mind as he fits better with him than Drew.

If he attacks the basket during PnR and dunks the ball or finishes off lobs he'll be unstoppable. Should be fun to see if he steps up and is aggressive (somewhat) on offense. Not asking for much...but instead of popping out for a jumper on PnR everytime, maybe attack the rim with his long arms for a 1 handed slam or layup. That would be nice to see. Nash should force feed him off PnR. Nash & Pau is an excellent fit...hope it translates on the court and not just on paper


Olympics
Nash
Dwight

I think Pau is going to be back to his beastly ways... he'll be what Lamar became when he arrived and Bynum developed... GREAT 3rd/4th options
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Aonex on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Nice reassurance from Kobe about Pau.

Kobe Bryant about Pau Gasol: "I don't want him to go anywere. I want him by my side. I don't want to think about it, we've won a lot of championships together, and I want to do it again. And the Los Angeles Lakers know that. Coaches know that" AS.com
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
User avatar
Aonex

 
Posts: 5222
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Aonex wrote:Nice reassurance from Kobe about Pau.

Kobe Bryant about Pau Gasol: "I don't want him to go anywere. I want him by my side. I don't want to think about it, we've won a lot of championships together, and I want to do it again. And the Los Angeles Lakers know that. Coaches know that" AS.com

KeepPau. :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Utah Jazz

Postby John3:16 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

JUST-MING wrote:Second, they would be acquiring two really good white guys, which would be important for Utah. Carlos Boozer was half-white, and from Alaska, and he couldn’t wait to bolt. History has shown that black people don’t like snow.


:bang: :bang:
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31292
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Utah Jazz

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 pm

John3:16 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:Second, they would be acquiring two really good white guys, which would be important for Utah. Carlos Boozer was half-white, and from Alaska, and he couldn’t wait to bolt. History has shown that black people don’t like snow.


:bang: :bang:

All of his posts make me :bang:
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Utah Jazz

Postby Aonex on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:Second, they would be acquiring two really good white guys, which would be important for Utah. Carlos Boozer was half-white, and from Alaska, and he couldn’t wait to bolt. History has shown that black people don’t like snow.


:bang: :bang:

All of his posts make me :bang:


Is this for real?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
User avatar
Aonex

 
Posts: 5222
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Utah

Postby JUST-MING on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm

I made that post on June 5th. It’s July 20th.
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Utah

Postby John3:16 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 pm

JUST-MING wrote:I made that post on June 5th. It’s July 20th.


I didn't dig up anything. it was on this page. Whether you said it 15 days ago or today doesn't change the fact you said it.
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31292
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Utah

Postby JUST-MING on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:03 pm

John3:16 wrote:I didn't dig up anything. it was on this page. Whether you said it 15 days ago or today doesn't change the fact you said it.

Doesn’t change the fact that you missed my point. Utah would welcome a trade for Pau Gasol. Of course, they started this thread back in May (almost two months ago).

http://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?10529-Pau-Gasol-Trade-Steve-Nash-Implications
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Maybe Pau will finally pay Kobe back for standing up for him time and time again by playing like hes capable of. Maybe with Nash he finally will be all star caliber again and be aggressive and get buckets.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Utah

Postby TIME on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

JUST-MING wrote:
John3:16 wrote:I didn't dig up anything. it was on this page. Whether you said it 15 days ago or today doesn't change the fact you said it.

Doesn’t change the fact that you missed my point. Utah would welcome a trade for Pau Gasol. Of course, they started this thread back in May (almost two months ago).


It really doesn't matter what your point was about Utah's interest in Pau, because it was buried under the steaming pile of absurdity that was your assertion that "history has shown that black people don't like snow."
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Utah

Postby JUST-MING on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm

TIME wrote:it was buried under the steaming pile of absurdity that was your assertion

Why did Steph Marbury leave Minnesota? He didn’t like the snow. I have a list of guys that didn’t like playing in cold weather cities. Walt Frazier felt that he was exiled after he was traded to Cleveland.
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Utah

Postby TIME on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:47 pm

JUST-MING wrote:
TIME wrote:it was buried under the steaming pile of absurdity that was your assertion

Why did Steph Marbury leave Minnesota? He didn’t like the snow. I got a long list of guys that didn’t like playing in cold weather cities. Walt Frazier felt that he was exiled after he was traded to Cleveland.


Please post your list and dig yourself a deeper hole.

Because of course several specific examples of black individuals who do not like cold weather logically leads to the valid conclusion that "history has shown that black people don't like snow."
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Utah

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:48 pm

TIME wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
TIME wrote:it was buried under the steaming pile of absurdity that was your assertion

Why did Steph Marbury leave Minnesota? He didn’t like the snow. I got a long list of guys that didn’t like playing in cold weather cities. Walt Frazier felt that he was exiled after he was traded to Cleveland.


Please post your list and dig yourself a deeper hole.

Because of course several specific examples of black individuals who do not like cold weather logically leads to the valid conclusion that "history has shown that black people don't like snow."

Starbury = black people.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36956
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Marbury

Postby JUST-MING on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:49 pm

"Minnesota's good to me," Marbury said. "The fans there are great. When I left, it wasn't for basketball reasons. It was for living reasons. I just felt, I didn't want to commit seven years of my life to living in Minnesota. It was really cold. There was a lot of snow."
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Marbury

Postby karacha on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 pm

JUST-MING wrote:"Minnesota's good to me," Marbury said. "The fans there are great. When I left, it wasn't for basketball reasons. It was for living reasons. I just felt, I didn't want to commit seven years of my life to living in Minnesota. It was really cold. There was a lot of snow."


Ergo, black people don't like snow.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37035
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Marbury

Postby TIME on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:54 pm

JUST-MING wrote:"Minnesota's good to me," Marbury said. "The fans there are great. When I left, it wasn't for basketball reasons. It was for living reasons. I just felt, I didn't want to commit seven years of my life to living in Minnesota. It was really cold. There was a lot of snow."


You know, you seem like a fairly intelligent person, so I've got to assume that you are just straight trolling now. In fact I have much more evidence that you are trolling than you do that "black people don't like snow". I mean, that I would like to give you the benefit of a doubt and conclude you are simply dense, or ignorant, but because of your intelligence, it is far more likely that you are trolling.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Marbury

Postby Finwë on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

karacha wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:"Minnesota's good to me," Marbury said. "The fans there are great. When I left, it wasn't for basketball reasons. It was for living reasons. I just felt, I didn't want to commit seven years of my life to living in Minnesota. It was really cold. There was a lot of snow."


Ergo, black people don't like snow.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8070
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby revgen on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

This is sad. Very very sad.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21352
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Wow.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
User avatar
The Original 81

 
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby nthydro on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:55 pm

nthydro

 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:35 pm


Nice gesture Pau, I'm glad you'll be back with us :jam2:

Stay Healthy during the Olympics, Please
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 10910
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:54 am

some posters should be banned from every voicing an opinon.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 29906
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], KareemTheGreat33, pound4pound1, XXIV and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.