Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: Not playing tonight - p233

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 pm

It can happen guys..there are realistic 3 to 4 team trades that are out there..

I wanna hear your ideas for fun..IT HAS TO BE A DEAL MINNY CANNOT REFUSE

for example:

Al Jefferson and Pau to minny
Love to Lakers
Pieces+derick Williams to Utah

Utah is looking to move either al, or millsap. They can't pay for both with Kanter becoming a solid player.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 pm

It can happen guys..there are realistic 3 to 4 team trades that are out there..

I wanna hear your ideas for fun..IT HAS TO BE A DEAL MINNY CANNOT REFUSE

for example:

Al Jefferson and Pau to minny
Love to Lakers
Pieces+derick Williams to Utah

Utah is looking to move either al, or millsap. They can't pay for both with Kanter becoming a solid player.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Center Court wrote:Love for Pau is never ever happening.

Though, it'd be a perfect fit for LA

I couldn't even do it in 2k :man10: Had to impliment a few tricks
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Trade trade trade...it will be better for both parties
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 pm

hope they wait until he plays with nash and then think of doing a trade if its still bad.

were not winning games without Pau...its not a coincidence.
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Finwë wrote:

Mitch has an override button at his desk.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Ariza3 wrote:hope they wait until he plays with nash and then think of doing a trade if its still bad.

yea keep on with that mantra, cause Nash is gona magically make Pau stop being a puss......oh wait Nash gona get him more open look jumpers, just like the kinds he usually misses.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 pm

khmrP wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:hope they wait until he plays with nash and then think of doing a trade if its still bad.

yea keep on with that mantra, cause Nash is gona magically make Pau stop being a puss......oh wait Nash gona get him more open look jumpers, just like the kinds he usually misses.

I think pnr with pau will be good. the open jumpers he can make. not at a high percentage, but if he gets pnr with nash and attacks itll open things up for others aswell as himself.

Pau will never not be soft, but nash can help him get to basket more than he has in a while.
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Legendary wrote:If Mitch can flip Pau for Love...

We should re-name this site to ClubMitch.

Sounds like something you have to open an Incognito window for.

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 pm

The only way we get Love is through a 3-team trade. That's it. Such is the case when getting Dwight, we needed other teams to make that happen. It's possible. You just have to find willing trade partners to make that happen.

Personnel wise, Kevin would fit with our short & long term plans; he fits in seamlessy right now with this group. Mitch can also build around him and Dwight after Kobe & Nash both move on; it's a great fit theortically. Although not a great defender, he's a light's out shooter at the PF spot and a great rebounder. This is the PF we should be targeting if he wants out of Minnesota.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

I think pnr with pau will be good. the open jumpers he can make. not at a high percentage, but if he gets pnr with nash and attacks itll open things up for others aswell as himself.

Pau will never not be soft, but nash can help him get to basket more than he has in a while.

howard is gona be the main PnR guy......Pau will stil have to shoot jump shots most of the time. Thats why Nash/Antoni are making statements now that they might have to tweak it for Pau. Which I doubt they do, knowing they need to make sure Howard eats 1st and be happy enough to stay.
khmrP

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Why is this even being talked about? Kevin Love is untouchable, just as Ricky Rubio is untouchable with Twolves. Stop with these nonsense trades lol.
thisbjgz

Postby Swaqsteez on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm

This lol
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ao73rmx

Wave the magic wand Mitch !!! :man13: :bow:
Swaqsteez

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 am

XXIV wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Mitch has an override button at his desk.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 am

Magic: Pau Gasol being used wrong

"When Gasol was on that (low) block, he averaged 18 points, he shot 53 percent from the field and he still is the best passing big man in the game," Johnson said Tuesday, shortly after introducing Greinke at a news conference at Dodger Stadium. "But you have him at the free-throw line? That makes no sense. That's not his game.

"His game is to catch it on the low block, face his man, one dribble left or right. He's got great moves. But now all the blame is on his shoulders, like he's not performing well? He can't take that. That's not who he is.

"They've got to put him in a winning situation, because once Gasol starts to play well, I think the team will start to play well. Then you come in with Steve Nash. But you've got to get Gasol going. Gasol, to me, is the key to this whole thing. If you continue to have him at the 3-point line, he's not going to perform well."

Johnson said that while he's staying patient with new coach Mike D'Antoni, at least until Nash returns from a fractured leg, he feels D'Antoni should adjust his system to better fit the Lakers personnel.

"I've gotta adjust my system a little bit if I'm the coach. That's all," Johnson said. "His system doesn't fit the talent that the Lakers have. You can't run with this team. Who are the runners? You've got one guy who can get up and down the court and that's Kobe (Bryant).

"Ron (Metta World Peace)? Love him, but he's slow. Both our big men are not fast guys. So we gotta say, 'Maybe I should scale it back. I run, if the basket is there, we take it.' Just like us in 'Showtime,' we ran and if we got the layup, good. If not, Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), come here, bail us out. That's what you do. That's basketball."

According to ESPN Stats and Information, Gasol was fifth in the NBA in post-up points in 2010-11. He was ninth last season and 10th in 2009-10.

This season, he's 27th with just 2.7 points per game out of the post.

"I don't understand it," Johnson said. "The man (Gasol) is an All-Star. He's seven feet tall for real. The guy can play basketball. He's one of the smartest players in the league. That's why we got Zack (Grienke). He's one of the smartest players in baseball. He watches film. He's serious about his craft. That's what we wanted. He can really help the young players."

While Johnson admitted to being frustrated with the Lakers' woes, he didn't think another big change or shakeup was the right solution.

"No. No. No. The season has already been disrupted one time," he said. "Another change would just blow the team up. You'd lose everybody. We don't need another change.

"What he needs to do is say, 'Look, I have a certain philosophy but I don't have the type of players to play that scheme and that system. But I do have two of the best seven-footers in the game.'

"It's a long season. We can't count out coach D'Antoni or the Lakers. We want to see signs that this thing is turning around. He's waiting for Steve Nash to return. We'll wait and see what happens when Steve Nash returns. We're all spoiled. I'm the first to admit that I'm spoiled with the success of the Lakers. You sit there and you say, 'Man, this can't happen to our Lakers.'

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8738145/magic-johnson-says-los-angeles-lakers-need-better-utilize-pau-gasol

I have to say, I agree with the Magic man

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 am

Ariza3

Postby themasterphil on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05 am

Ariza3 wrote:

:bow: :bow:
themasterphil

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:32 am

Ariza3 wrote:

real talk.

I like this Magic instead of the NBA on ESPN/ABC Magic. He seems more genuine in this video and you really believe him when watching it. Versus when he is on ABC or ESPN it's like he has these programed or scripted responses or things to say about the Lakers or NBA in general.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:36 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

real talk.

I like this Magic instead of the NBA on ESPN/ABC Magic. He seems more genuine in this video and you really believe him when watching it. Versus when he is on ABC or ESPN it's like he has these programed or scripted responses or things to say about the Lakers or NBA in general.

what he said is damn common sense, any coach thats leaving pau out in the perimeter when hes the best post bigman in the team should not be coaching. Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni. this is retarded.

dwight should not be posting up, get those baby assits and score, weak side rebound or runt he pick and roll.

lol anyone see how horrible his misses are when he dribbles two times in the post turns right and shoots a hook? somtimes it doesnt even hit the rim.

use him at his strengths, dont try to transform him to something he isnt
LooN3y

Postby escobar8 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 am

hahaha...no way we could get love for pau...we can oly get him if we trade dh12 for him...
i am not against of trade ideas...thats entertaining...but lets not carry ourself...
like when some player is "avaible" that we are only team in the league that can offer some trades...

and part about misusing him is just excuse...i agree he plays out off position,but i havent seen one post move in whole season...and he had chances,specialy when he plays with second unit...he gets pushed by guys like diaw and setles for jumpshots...so its more his problem than mda problem...
what about D...i will admit his D one on one is not that bad...he is tall guy and he can handle it atleast at average level...but if he needs to move his feet,its disaster...his help d is atrocious...he is to slow...when brook lopez pass by you like he is pg...its tome to make some moves...we need to trade him...dont need to have nash back to know he will be again soft mental midget...
escobar8

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:24 am

playing Pau in the post for him to be effective is a good idea but that was 2-3yrs ago...todays Pau shoots fadeaways over 6 9' guys like Diaw....come on now.
khmrP

Postby easyguy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:08 am

escobar8 wrote:
and part about misusing him is just excuse...i agree he plays out off position,but i havent seen one post move in whole season...and he had chances,specialy when he plays with second unit...he gets pushed by guys like diaw and setles for jumpshots...so its more his problem than mda problem...
what about D...i will admit his D one on one is not that bad...he is tall guy and he can handle it atleast at average level...but if he needs to move his feet,its disaster...his help d is atrocious...he is to slow...when brook lopez pass by you like he is pg...its tome to make some moves...we need to trade him...dont need to have nash back to know he will be again soft mental midget...

Your exaggeration makes your whole point moot, that or you need to watch more games about you not seeing Pau makes any post moves. I guess the whole thing about Pau being injured is out the window too. Both knees tendonitis is nothing right? But of course magic comment is wrong because he played in the NBA for so many years, was also successful and is still involved in basketball. Throw all that out the window. Can you also guarantee that the Lakers will start winning majority of their games with a trade? Look he is not even playing, yet they are losing. Do we need another all-star to help this team?
easyguy

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

Okay...

1. Magic is right. Pau needs to be closer to the basket because he's a Center now and not a Power Forward. That's why we have to trade Pau and move on. He's not giving us what we hoped he would and we have a far, far greater option at Center as it is with Howard. Time to part ways.

2. Love for Pau would be ungodly :man10: talk about vetoes. No way that happens. Love would be the absolute perfect fit for this team: outside shooting, nothing but hard work and rebounding, not fast but runs the floor, and he's a young hometown kid looking to make a name for himself. He'd be the absolute perfect fit next to Dwight Howard.

But no way that happens. Kahn would have to be the world's biggest idiot to throw away Love for Gasol when there's BOUND to be much greater offers somewhere. Adelman and Kahn would have to have an unhealthy yearning for Gasol to make that happen... then again Kahn is one of the dumbest executives in the NBA so crazier things could happen.

Love/Williams/Barea for Gasol/Hill :man10: Go Mitch!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby easyguy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 am

therealdeal wrote:Love/Williams/Barea for Gasol/Hill :man10: Go Mitch!

Throw Metta, Morris in there for free too.
easyguy

Postby blinkme28 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 pm

I think we should let Pau run the offense from the post. We just need to win some games. Go though Pau and Kobe and let Dwight clean up whatever is left. Doesn't hurt to try. Things can only get worse from here
blinkme28

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion