Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (p.270: Out 2 Games w/Concussion)

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Clark is a no name, Gasol wears the name of a 2 time champion behind his jersey, that is the only reason Pau has leverage over Clark at this point because on the court, one is evidently outplaying the other.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:
XXIV wrote:There's no way that concussion is still affecting him, he's either failing the test on purpose or the team is close to trading him.

I'm not exactly sure you can purposely fail a concussion test, its not all just questions, I'm sure theres a neurologist there just like in NFL thats doing other things then asking him how he feels and this and that.

Of course you can. You purposely do poorly on the initial test, that way you always look fine when you're actually concussed. Polomalu admitted to doing it and most players do too. It's very simple

Polomalu lied bout his symptons so he could PLAY, we're talking bout Pau here :man10:

Here's my only explanations:

1. Pau didn't know what kind of test it was, so he studied hard, and now he can't match his score.
2. Pau is being held out for a trade.
3. After the Denver game Kobe round house kicked the guy in the head which lead to his real concussion symptoms.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 pm

hoping the reason he's still out is because they're getting closer to trading him

there's no way he would still be out and there's also no way he could purposely fail a concussion test
432J

Postby borri on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 pm

432J wrote:hoping the reason he's still out is because they're getting closer to trading him

there's no way he would still be out and there's also no way he could purposely fail a concussion test

Oh yes you can. If you know what the tests are. In Pau's case, it's highly unlikely they'll keep doing CT scans.

Heres the tests: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/concus ... -diagnosis
borri

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:12 pm

borri wrote:
432J wrote:hoping the reason he's still out is because they're getting closer to trading him

Oh yes you can. If you know what the tests are. In Pau's case, it's highly unlikely they'll keep doing CT scans.

Pau keeps telling the doctors his name is Javier from Pomona every time they check on him
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
borri wrote:

Pau keeps telling the doctors his name is Javier from Pomona every time they check on him

get a hypnotist and trick him into thinking he's Marc :man1:
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 pm

So either Pau is being shopped, or he's the new Sidney Crosby.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
borri wrote:

LOL. I keep thinking of him saying: "I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
borri

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 pm

we need a 3 who can play some defense and a backup C for pau. maybe a draft pick as well so we can get some cheap youth for the future.

i think mitch will sell pau on the cheap if earl clark continues to show he can contribute 12 points and 7-ish rebounds a game.

we need guys who can defend more than one position for a few seconds at a time so we don't get exploited because of a switched pick and roll
Pig Miller

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Weezy wrote:So either Pau is being shopped, or he's the new Sidney Crosby.

pretty much
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Pig Miller wrote:we need a 3 who can play some defense and a backup C for pau. maybe a draft pick as well so we can get some cheap youth for the future.

i think mitch will sell pau on the cheap if earl clark continues to show he can contribute 12 points and 7-ish rebounds a game.

we need guys who can defend more than one position for a few seconds at a time so we don't get exploited because of a switched pick and roll

Kirilenko, Pek, and Dwill would be perfect. Just how bad does Minny want Pau?
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Weezy wrote:So either Pau is being shopped, or he's the new Sidney Crosby.

pretty much

Except fans wanted Crosby to come back.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby TheOp on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 pm

The longer Pau stays out, the better for this team. Clark is a much better fit playing next to Howard. Hes young, athletic, runs the break, shoots the 3, and oh yeah hes athletic.

Pau, well hes 7 feet of lazyness and sluggish movement. I think hed be best served as our backup C, unfortunately too many egos in place for that to happen. The result : Pau returns to start at PF, logs heavy minutes, cripples this team defensively once again.
TheOp

Postby Black Sheep91 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 pm

At this point, its best to trade Pau for some depth. Get a few solid players for him would help this team. A Scola, kmart, Dragic deal looks good right about now. But that"s the type of deal we should be looking at IF we are sticking with this system. For instance, if Toronto is willing to deal, a Bargnani and Calderon for Pau type trade would benefit this team more then just keeping Pau. Either way, this team is looking to win now and Pau just is not meshing with the team. Pau was a beast but ever since the 2010 playoffs and the trade block, he has been a shell of himself, and the longer the wait, the longer we look more and more like idiots keeping him.
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:30 am

Don't get your hopes up ... doc/training staff are just probably extra cautious with the concussion and probably told Pau " take your time to rest and get healthy and let your plantar fasciitis heal as much as possible" .

Next time Pau comes back and keep performing at a poor level , he will probably blame it on a Johnson related disease
wcsoldier81

Postby Center Court on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 am

Punk-101 wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:we need a 3 who can play some defense and a backup C for pau. maybe a draft pick as well so we can get some cheap youth for the future.

Kirilenko, Pek, and Dwill would be perfect. Just how bad does Minny want Pau?[/quote]

Not that bad.

people need to get off this notion that Minny is going to trade anything outside of Rubio and Love for Pau.

Pek is a very soild c. AK47 is a very good 3/4 who is playing very well with their core. D will is still the second overall pick is just his second year.

why in the hell would they trade that for the guy we can't wait to get rid of?
Center Court

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 am

Am I the only one who gave up any hope on Pau being traded before the next season deadline ?

A 19 M expiring contract , this is his only value at this point
wcsoldier81

Postby Center Court on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Am I the only one who gave up any hope on Pau being traded before the next season deadline ?

A 19 M expiring contract , this is his only value at this point

no you are not. I'm there with you.

At one point Josh Smith seemed like a downgrade. Not too long ago, Pau was the major piece in the CP3 trade.

At this point, we'd be lucky to get an package for 2 solid players on good contracts
Center Court

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:37 am

I think AK/Dwill2/Pek is too much to hope for.. Pek is looking like an absolute beast & 7 footers have such great value in this league.. If we could manage to pull away AK/Dwill2/Barea I think that would be a steal for us. Alot of us fans seem to agree that AK's versatile game & intangibles would be the perfect fit for D'antoni, in that Marion role.. Barea is one of the best backup PG's in the game today, & Dwill2 has the youth & athleticism this team needs more of. No, he's not #2 pick level talent, he's been a bust in that sense, but as a throw in with 2 other players that would be big additions to our roster he's good value.
lakersin4

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 am

Here's another one...

Pau Gasol, Chris Duhon, Devin Ebanks for Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Jordan Crawford, Trevor Booker

Okafor and Howard give us two of the best defensive Cs in the game. Ariza's slashing style gives us an element we've been missing, and Crawford and Booker help out on the bench.

Our second unit becomes Blake, Crawford, Meeks, Ariza, Jamison, Booker, Okafor...all of a sudden, that's a lot of options.
Damian Necronamous

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36 am

Punk-101 wrote:Kirilenko, Pek, and Dwill would be perfect. Just how bad does Minny want Pau?

The only worry I have with that trade is Pek. Some team is going to give that man a fat contract next year and we definitely aren't doing that, so he would be a half season rental.

How that works in our favor though is that if Minny is willing to give him up for Pau, we should parlay that gift to another team that needs a center and get as much as we can for Pek.

Maybe send him to Portland for Wesley Matthews or to Boston for Lee/Bass........Just spit ballin' names here to get the point across.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:Kirilenko, Pek, and Dwill would be perfect. Just how bad does Minny want Pau?

The only worry I have with that trade is Pek. Some team is going to give that man a fat contract next year and we definitely aren't doing that, so he would be a half season rental.

How that works in our favor though is that if Minny is willing to give him up for Pau, we should parlay that gift to another team that needs a center and get as much as we can for Pek.

Maybe send him to Portland for Wesley Matthews or to Boston for Lee/Bass........Just spit ballin' names here to get the point across.

sending Pek to a 3rd team would be as easy as picking up the phone.
khmrP

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 am

You guys mean trading Pek next year right? We still need a backup 5.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Punk-101 wrote:You guys mean trading Pek next year right? We still need a backup 5.

Yes, but Pekovic is probably overqualified to back up Dwight. I don't think they can play together so we'd be overpaying for a rental who wouldn't even be able to get much playing time.

So are all players eligible to be traded now?
Helljumper

Postby TIME on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Helljumper wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:You guys mean trading Pek next year right? We still need a backup 5.

Yes, but Pekovic is probably overqualified to back up Dwight. I don't think they can play together so we'd be overpaying for a rental who wouldn't even be able to get much playing time.

So are all players eligible to be traded now?

Everyone except Kobe. :man12:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion