Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:"Life is beyond basketball" (318)

Postby JSM on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Kevin Ding
Last Q for @paugasol to A in his Twitcam session: How's your relationship with @kobebryant? "He continues to ...

"amaze me every day, every game, every season. And I love him like a brother. We've been through a lot already in our careers and in our life. And we have a good bond. Our relationship is strong."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Great news.. When Dwight sits, it's a layup drill no matter who we're playing. Pau isn't a great rim protector or anything but his height & length alone limits penetration more than our Clark/Jamison frontline.
Chillbongo

Postby jOeyB7000 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 pm

JSM wrote:
Mark Medina of the LA Daily News wrote:For the first time since tearing the plantar fascia of his right foot four weeks ago, Lakers forward Pau Gasol received medical clearance Thursday to participate in running drills.

“Discomfort was minimal,” Gasol said on Twitcam. “Very encouraging.”

Gasol traveled with the Lakers’ on their two-game trip to Oklahoma City (Tuesday) and New Orleans (Wednesday) and spent that time working with strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco on exercises that test his gluteal and neuro muscles. Gasol has missed the past 13 games and is expected to stay sidelined for at least another two to four weeks.

The 12 yr old in me lol'd
jOeyB7000

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: Cleared for running drills (320)

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:22 pm

good stuff, sounds like pau is on track. the rest period might have actually been a gift in disguise.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Gasol is so much more effective when he gets plenty of rest. Hope he comes back strong.

Look for the Spurs to go after him when his contract his up. :man9:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 pm

So Pau has been cleared to being running WOW that is huge. Hope he can return to us in about 2 to 3 weeks. Those home games in the beginning of April vs playoff teams are huge. We need him off the bench. Hope theres no drama on who gets to finish games and he knows the drill, he'll finish the games if hes playing well, thats just how it is.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Coach Chris on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

KB24 wrote:ya while he isn't worth the money he gets paid...he certainly is better than nothing.
But I have to admit, it has given Jamison consistent minutes and he actually is productive. Since both play no defense at this point I'm perfectly happy with Jamison.

There was a time before injury that the best big combo was Pau and Jamison. Jamison likes to cut, and Pau is great at getting him the ball. They were even better defensively than Pau/Howard or Howard/Jamison or Howard/Hill. Of course, Howard has rebounded from his injury since then.
Dr. Jerry Buss
January 27, 1933 - February 18, 2013
Coach Chris

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Seems like he is progressing nicely. :jam2:
JLaker17

Postby karacha on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Great news. Especially if we make the playoffs.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Helljumper on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Pau is what's going to end up elevating this team to a championship contender again. He will be healthier and more motivated than we've seen him in years.
Helljumper

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Awesome news. If Pau can get back in three weeks he will make it in time for half of our remaining games! He'd make it for our 11th game out of 20 we have left. That would be amazing. We could really use him.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm

I prefer he'd come back Mar 22nd at home vs Wizards thats exactly 2 weeks away. 8 games from now. Warmup game at home vs easy team + next 3 on the road and then come back home for playoff type games vs good teams

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am

Lakerjones wrote:Awesome news. If Pau can get back in three weeks he will make it in time for half of our remaining games! He'd make it for our 11th game out of 20 we have left. That would be amazing. We could really use him.

This.

When we go to our bench we've got some good energy, but we're reliant on Dwight being our offense. That comes with two problems:
1. Dwight isn't healthy enough to create for himself.
2. Even though he's supposed to be our option, we don't even give him the ball enough to make that work.

With Gasol coming back off the bench we'll be able to run a 9 man unit, give Clark some more rest, and have a more consistent scoring option in the game. Honestly, if we just had him in that OKC game we might have snuck away with a win.

Also it's nice to hear he and Kobe are still strong. It'll be terrible watching Gasol go this season from a personal standpoint. I really love who he is as a person.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:40 am

^^ Agreed 100%.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby easyguy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Why are they having him run? a lot of impact on the knees and foot. I rather have an out of shape but 100% physically healthy Pau than an in-shape Pau but 80% healthy physically. I play better when nothing hurts. Than again I dont have a doctorate in physical therapy... :man9:
easyguy

Postby wallangong on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:46 pm

easyguy wrote:Why are they having him run? a lot of impact on the knees and foot. I rather have an out of shape but 100% physically healthy Pau than an in-shape Pau but 80% healthy physically. I play better when nothing hurts. Than again I dont have a doctorate in physical therapy... :man9:

aside from general conditioning 101, he needs to strengthen his legs again. You can't sit out over a month and just come back one day and be effective.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 pm

besides, they won't push him more than they and he are both mutually comfortable with.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Pau ran on the altered-gravity machine at 75 pct weight today. The plan is for him to add weight day by day, then run on court next week
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby karacha on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 am

Fantastic.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:20 am

JSM wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Pau ran on the altered-gravity machine at 75 pct weight today. The plan is for him to add weight day by day, then run on court next week

Wow sounds like he's making great progress!

If he can come back in 2-3 weeks (end of the month area) he could get a few games in before the playoffs start. That'd be fantastic.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:26 pm

I should Pau should look to tweak his diet and try to get alot leaner and lighter on his feet. It will probably add a season or two of (relatively) productive play to his career, because at this point his his career he really doesn't use his strength much in his play, its moreso about his skill and length.

Not that he's out of shape or anything btw....
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:33 pm

I wonder if he'll still be coming off the bench. Clark hasn't handled being a starter very well for a while now and I think Dwight+Pau can still co-exist. Actually our best lineups this season have had Howard+Pau out there together so it might make sense to try it again.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby earvinfr on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:I should Pau should look to tweak his diet and try to get alot leaner and lighter on his feet. It will probably add a season or two of (relatively) productive play to his career, because at this point his his career he really doesn't use his strength much in his play, its moreso about his skill and length.

We just need a few games from him. I'm sure he'll not be with us next season !
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:I should Pau should look to tweak his diet and try to get alot leaner and lighter on his feet. It will probably add a season or two of (relatively) productive play to his career, because at this point his his career he really doesn't use his strength much in his play, its moreso about his skill and length.

You want him leaner? I've been thinking Pau's upper body has been thinner (for him) than in past years. I'm hoping but doubt that he's doing it, that while he has had to stay off his feet at least he used the time to do some lifting and strength work to help out when he comes back and in the playoffs.
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion