Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol appreciation post!!!

Postby flea_lakers on Sat May 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Kobe and Ariza did very well in the end, but Pau also was quite clucth. When Kobe was in the bench in 4ht quarter he assumed all responsibility

Start of 4th Quarter

10:49 Gasol Rebound (Off:1 Def:7)
09:13 Gasol Dunk Shot: Made (14 PTS)
08:54 Gasol Rebound (Off:1 Def:8)
08:41 Gasol Free Throw 1 of 2 (15 PTS)
08:41 Gasol Free Throw 2 of 2 (16 PTS)
08:17 Gasol Rebound (Off:1 Def:9)
07:39 Gasol Block Andersen (1 BLK)

07:58 Gasol Layup Shot: Missed Block: Andersen (3 BLK)
04:34 Gasol Turnaround Fade Away shot: Made (18 PTS)
03:49 Gasol Turnaround Fade Away shot: Made (20 PTS)
00:55 Gasol Rebound (Off:1 Def:10)

On the opposite side
10:50 Kleiza Jump Shot: Missed
09:59 Andersen Layup Shot: Missed
08:54 Nene Jump Hook Shot: Missed
08:54 Nene Foul : Personal (5 PF)
08:41 Andersen Foul : Shooting (2 PF)
08:18 K. Martin Layup Shot: Missed
07:39 Andersen Layup Shot: Missed Block: Gasol (1 BLK)

06:34 K. Martin Dunk Shot: Made (4 PTS)
05:59 K. Martin Tip Shot: Made (6 PTS)

04:14 Anthony Jump Shot: Missed
01:46 K. Martin Foul : Loose Ball (5 PF)

4 rebounds, 8 points, 1 block and good defense in the last quarter
flea_lakers

Postby bystander on Tue May 26, 2009 7:56 am

Series against Denver

41 mins
.626 FG
17.8 points
13 rebounds
2 rebounds
2.8 assists

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby bystander on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Pau playing high quality basketball in both sides of the court tonight. Good one Pau !

bystander

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I appreciate you Pau!
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 pm

He's huge, no question. An amazing player, and his D on Howard is better then anyone had expected.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby GNC on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:26 pm

thank you gasol!!
GNC

Postby BDG on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 pm

THANK YOU PAU FOR STEPPING UP!

And-one play was HUGE.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Cleansed on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Nuff Respect!

Lots of players contributed tonight but Gasol deserves some recognition.

I love this team.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 pm

pau is mr. consistent/clutch. WE LOVE YOU PAU.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Gasol's defense on Howard, he's contesting and blocking shots, poking at the ball, wrestling with him and denying the ball, it's amazing. Where is that tough, physical defense the rest of the time, if he can do that to Howard he can do it to anyone?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Gasol's defense on Howard, he's contesting and blocking shots, poking at the ball, wrestling with him and denying the ball, it's amazing. Where is that tough, physical defense the rest of the time, if he can do that to Howard he can do it to anyone?

my guess is stamina,

notice he was having a so-so game on the offense end and my guess is he was using all his energy in trying to stop Howard.

bystander

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Gasol: 10 double double's in last 11 playoff games.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm impressed with Pau's D as well but its not the first time. If I recall, he's had some reasonable success guarding Dwight in the past. Maybe not prior to this season, but if my memory serves me correctly, he usually does pretty well against him.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby TheGoat on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:43 pm

For the second straight game he started out slow but finished strong. Ultimately it's most important to finish strong. He has done this so far and is outplaying Dwight.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Location: whispering orders into Kupchak's ear "Do it Mitch!"

Postby nf3 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Weezy wrote:Where is that tough, physical defense the rest of the time, if he can do that to Howard he can do it to anyone?

like "if kobe can score 60 on a game, why doesnt he do it every night?"

amazing some people keep asking more of a guy whos giving a double-double nightly with 50+ percentage shooting. And he's a natural power forward. He's playing as a center against those guys of denver and again against howard. Ppl forget that, pau is a power forward, its like asking Nowitzki, also a 7 footer, to play center and perform against the elite centers
nf3

Postby flea_lakers on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Refs gave very little love to Pau (and Bynum) tonight. They coddle Howard all the time. I'm afraid of what will happen in Orlando.
flea_lakers

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm

nf3 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Where is that tough, physical defense the rest of the time, if he can do that to Howard he can do it to anyone?

amazing some people keep asking more of a guy whos giving a double-double nightly with 50+ percentage shooting. And he's a natural power forward. He's playing as a center against those guys of denver and again against howard. Ppl forget that, pau is a power forward, its like asking Nowitzki, also a 7 footer, to play center and perform against the elite centers

I'm not trying to knock Gasol, it was simply a question. I don't expect Finals intensity defense every night, nobody does that, but I'm just surprised that he can play this good on d and rarely does. A lot of the time when he's in the middle it's a layup drill for the other team, and yeah I know it's not all on him, but he has a lot of weak contests at the rim. Now he's playing tough and strong and I don't see why he can't do that more of the time is all, just an observation. I don't think asking a guy to play on both sides of the floor is too much, a lot of guys do it, but I love Pau so I'm certainly not trying to knock him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Or_Ariza on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Pau is doing what he feels is needed to win. Outstanding defense and clutch plays.
Keep it up Pau, you deserve a ring!
Or_Ariza

Postby nf3 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Weezy wrote:
nf3 wrote:

I'm not trying to knock Gasol, it was simply a question. I don't expect Finals intensity defense every night, nobody does that, but I'm just surprised that he can play this good on d and rarely does. A lot of the time when he's in the middle it's a layup drill for the other team, and yeah I know it's not all on him, but he has a lot of weak contests at the rim. Now he's playing tough and strong and I don't see why he can't do that more of the time is all, just an observation. I don't think asking a guy to play on both sides of the floor is too much, a lot of guys do it, but I love Pau so I'm certainly not trying to knock him.

what i mean is Gasol is not an athlete like the stamina, explosive types that thrill around the nba boards. Everybody sees that, and everybody gets pissed each time gasol seems to not try hard enough, or jump like three consecutive efforts, or... you know. I guess a frail built seven footer can get out of gas easily, even with years of gruelling training. He's simply not a natural born jumper. Its a pain to see him compete and get punches against those spring-like buldozers, and playing like 40+ minutes a game. So, I consider he puts enough effort.... you get a semi-center, ocassional blocker, great passer and scorer, some rebounds (helped with height).... he'll wont be a shaq, a duncan, a Garnett.... nor will he jump to another level after seven years in the NBA. But lord is he reliable at what he does, night after night.
nf3

Postby Or_Ariza on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:57 pm

nf3 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
nf3 wrote:Where is that tough, physical defense the rest of the time, if he can do that to Howard he can do it to anyone?

what i mean is Gasol is not an athlete like the stamina, explosive types that thrill around the nba boards. Everybody sees that, and everybody gets pissed each time gasol seems to not try hard enough, or jump like three consecutive efforts, or... you know. I guess a frail built seven footer can get out of gas easily, even with years of gruelling training. He's simply not a natural born jumper. Its a pain to see him compete and get punches against those spring-like buldozers, and playing like 40+ minutes a game. So, I consider he puts enough effort.... you get a semi-center, ocassional blocker, great passer and scorer, some rebounds (helped with height).... he'll wont be a shaq, a duncan, a Garnett.... nor will he jump to another level after seven years in the NBA. But lord is he reliable at what he does, night after night.

I find it pretty amusing..So the lakers made the finals two consecutive years with an average semi-center who gets some rebounds and occasionally blocks shots...You guys are so funny...
Or_Ariza

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:02 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gcclaker on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Scoring 9 of the 13 points in OT? Did a very good job in playing Howard in the post where he is clearly overmatched? Had that one block on the Orlando center that was clearly NOT a foul? Sinking his free throws in the 14 straight makes by the squad? The key for Gasol is that Bynum is able to play so that he has enough reserve down the line. What also helps him is Odom coming to play every possession all game long.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Pau has done great work on Howard. I was concerned before the series because Dwight was beasting against Cleveland but Pau along with Bynum and the help D has kept Howard contained. Plus he has provided us with scoring as necessary.

Props to Pau. Just imagine if that trade never happened where we'd be right now.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Pau was awesome in the OT...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin