Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Dude has absolutely no heart and no guts.

Disgraceful! :disagree:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Weezy wrote:Image

He wasn't the worst player out there though I guess.

for where he's supposedly ranked on this team he was.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

He has to be traded. He's far from done, he just needs to go to a team where he can play C. I just hope we get some good young pieces that Pringles & Nash can work with. I'm not worried about Kobe, Dwight, or Ron. Nash & whatever we get for Pau is what makes or breaks our chance at a ring.
lakersin4

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 pm

He really should end his career on one of those teams that is just happy making the playoffs, where there are no real expectations.

He no longer is meant for this team.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 pm

The Rock wrote:He is so slow. Wow

that's the worst final possession run I've ever seen which resulted in a GW ... what the hell Metta is doing too
wcsoldier81

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 pm

And idk but he should be smarter than that. D'Antoni is probably the smartest offensive coach around. That alone should help him defensively. He needs to start thinking 3 steps ahead. He should've thought of what he would've done offensively if he were the pacers. Clearly he wouldn't go at mwp, kobe, pau, or even dwight one on one. He himself would've definitely been smart enough to put pau in a pnr situation and go at him if he were vogel. He just wasn't thinking like a coach.
King of Clutch

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 pm

gotta get pau going early. EVERY game. get him going then everyone else. thats a recipe for success. if hes not involved early he wont be later guaranteed.
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

2 things:
if that's how Pau guards the P&R, then forget about this game, we're done. If he isn't traded and that's how he's playing D, we're probably done in the 1st round of the playoffs.

While I would've gone with a better defender (maybe Hill, he's lousy too but at least he's not that slow and pathetic), maybe DA went with Pau because of his length and ability to contest a jumper if it came to that. Not saying it was the right call, just saying it's a potential reason. Maybe he just didn't want to bench Pau in the 4th again.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dj vitus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
The Rock wrote:He is so slow. Wow

that's the worst final possession run I've ever seen which resulted in a GW ... what the hell Metta is doing too

I know, right? The Pacer big man didn't even set a screen! :bang: That's how easy it is to beat us off the dribble and go around Gasol.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby gill on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Ariza3 wrote:gotta get pau going early. EVERY game. get him going then everyone else. thats a recipe for success. if hes not involved early he wont be later guaranteed.

So Pau has reached Lamar status? Chick help us all!
gill

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Finwë wrote:2 things:
if that's how Pau guards the P&R, then forget about this game, we're done. If he isn't traded and that's how he's playing D, we're probably done in the 1st round of the playoffs.

While I would've gone with a better defender (maybe Hill, he's lousy too but at least he's not that slow and pathetic), maybe DA went with Pau because of his length and ability to contest a jumper if it came to that. Not saying it was the right call, just saying it's a potential reason. Maybe he just didn't want to bench Pau in the 4th again.

I will add one thing : pre-back surgery Dwight would have send this ish to the 8th row ... I wonder if he ever will gain this crazy athleticism back
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

gill wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:gotta get pau going early. EVERY game. get him going then everyone else. thats a recipe for success. if hes not involved early he wont be later guaranteed.

So Pau has reached Lamar status? Chick help us all!

i'd rather have lamar-shmellow back than pau right now.
lakersyunowin

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Pau's broken...he gets his shot stuffed when normally he would be flushing those over the opposition.

No one is going to like this, but Pau is nearly untradeable right now. Forget his monster contract and upcoming super tax. Forget that Nash still has to play with Pau to get a fair evaluation from Mitch before he works the phones. Forget that other teams and their scouts are evaluating Pau right now and all of them have to know that he's suffering from tendinitis in both knees and is shooting a miserable percentage from the field because of it.

Forget that all for a second. Pau will not be traded before Dec 15 cause the Lakers will be selling themselves short of possible trading chips that become available on that date. So for the next 3 weeks, buckle down, cause he ain't going anywhere.

I firmly believe, he should shut it down and seek treatment for his knees. On offense, his shot will get stuffed or he'll draw charging calls. On defense, he'll hurt our rotations. With tendinitis, you can run and walk, but any lateral movements and lift off the ground are extremely painful and lack any type of power as a result. He needs to shut it down for a while and I'm surprised the med staff hasn't suggested it yet, if they already haven't done so.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby quartzcharm on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Please trade Paula (but not for Amare).
quartzcharm

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 pm

quartzcharm wrote:Please trade Paula (but not for Amare).

hell even i'm starting to come around to the amare idea. you have no idea how sad that makes me.
lakersyunowin

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm

kupchack is the best in the business but there can't be a GM dumb enough to trade for gasol. If the Knicks offered us amare for girlsol we would be fools not to take it. thats how bad gasol is with this team.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:Please trade Paula (but not for Amare).

hell even i'm starting to come around to the amare idea. you have no idea how sad that makes me.

After what we've seen so far from this guy, I don't blame you. It's perfectly reasonable to start wondering "Amare couldn't be any worse than this". My main gripe with that trade right now is that he's not healthy.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby odom1year on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

noobiew wrote:Pau: "Hey ! I need more post play !"

Result: 2-9 FG today :mhihi:

Reason: Someone took 28 shots and turned the ball over 10 times.
odom1year

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 am

odom1year wrote:

Don't just blame Kobe the entire team sucked tonight ! :P
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 am

Whoops, wrong thread
King of Clutch

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 am

odom1year wrote:

Seriously? :man10:

The dude scored 40 points and had 10 boards. Blaming Kobe is just stupid. I love Pau and have defended him alot in in the past several months, but I simply can't anymore. He's horrid defensively and doesn't contribute much offense. He's just so passive and soft now. He has to go.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby bystander on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am

When Pau isn't working this team isn't elite. That's a fact. Has been since he's here. He's a key item. LA should either trade him or shut him until he's healthy. If healthy enough already, again, either trade him or make a decent offense when you use him.

Still, love the new Lamar role Pau has now in CL. He has been the escapegoat every loss with or without reason but without Lamar, Luke, Fish ... now it's brutal. And funnier.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Jellincon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am

Can he show up 2 nights in a row anymore?! He only decides to try every other game.
Jellincon

Postby juninho on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 am

last year gasol could land us dragic,kevin martin and scola. Right now he is not better than scola.
juninho

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:12 am

Pau shows up the one day his name comes up in trade bait, relaxes when the LA Times says he's not going nowhere.

I think its time to take away, his starting role, 4th qt crunch time mins if hes going to remain on the roster.

His bad heavily outweighs his good.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion