Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: Not playing tonight - p233

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 pm

last stand wrote:its not a rumor its a suggestion

Aahh gotcha. Looks like basically we give up gasol for millsap/mo Williams While not bringing in any long term contracts....can we actually get a better deal then this anywhere else? I think this is prob one of the best trade scenarios I've seen ( realistically ). It's a long shot tho IMO
lAKERfaNaticKID

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion (p. 237: Swap for Millsap a Good Idea?)

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:yeah that trade is confusing...he just finishes talking about how kanter has all this potential and needs minutes, then suggests trading him, along with basically their 3 best players, to get an injured and unmotivated gasol + kemba walker and ben gordon? really?

i do like the idea of millsap as a laker i just dont see any way it would work

well for utah jefferson has no value. slow one-dimensional big. so it's essentially millsap and kanter. i think utah would actually be more than willing to trade jefferson and millsap. it's the kanter addition that i think is the problem.

in an ideal world the jazz would trade millsap and jefferson for some young perimeter players allowing kanter and favors to get the bulk minutes.

we don't have a young PG so either we find a team that has one and is willing to give him up for pau or that's it.

now a trade that may work is with houston, offer them pau have them send lin to utah and millsap to LA

obviously houston would get mo williams as well. i think then maybe your in business. because houston then gets a PG and PF and utah gets a young PG and can just let jefferson expire.

that's more likely
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm

That trade is ridiculous. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:That trade is ridiculous. :man10:

mine or the kemba

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

I didn't see yours. I don't think yours is feasible at this point, but it's not ridiculous like the guy's suggestion.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:I didn't see yours. I don't think yours is feasible at this point, but it's not ridiculous like the guy's suggestion.

that trade suggestion is ridiculous, i'm surprised ESPN let him publish that. the one i came up with is without the trade machine because you can't move lin yet.

my thinking is Lin hasn't been great and he's locked under contract for a while. if houston could get pau and mo williams out of lin and stroll out a lineup of

asik
pau
parsons
harden
williams

i think they may consider it. for utah lin is still young and that team isn't going anywhere. it gives them space to play kanter and jefferson more, and it gives them some more youth on the perimeter. something like that is the only way i see us getting millsap

Utah wants to shed their bigs and get young perimeter guys. only teams i see with young perimeter guys to spare are houston, sacramento, boston and i don't think sacramento would have any use for pau.

so basically it's houston or boston who both could use pau and have young perimeter guys to spare

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby abeer3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:48 pm

yeah, i wish. mo williams and millsap for pau? hand me the trophy. why utah would consider such nonsense...i wish i could convince myself.

i read about ilyasova, and i wonder if the lakers could squeeze some extra goodies out of milwaukee in such a trade. could they get ilyasova, mbah a moute, larry sanders and a 1st for gasol/earl clark/morris/ebanks?

i'd love to get an elite perimeter defender like mbah a moute, and i think that although ilyasova is overpaid, he might be able to carve out a niche between howard and kobe. sanders is a shotblocker a la ibaka and could serve as the backup, smallball c. i know la doesn't want any cash on the books for 2014, though, so it's a tough sell. and ersan is certainly a downgrade in talent from pau as the centerpiece in the return.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:54 pm

The problem is that Lin has been effective in flashes and if you're going to go ahead and spend on that kind of guy you've got to give him more than 20 games, you know?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

abeer3 wrote:yeah, i wish. mo williams and millsap for pau? hand me the trophy. why utah would consider such nonsense...i wish i could convince myself.

i read about ilyasova, and i wonder if the lakers could squeeze some extra goodies out of milwaukee in such a trade. could they get ilyasova, mbah a moute, larry sanders and a 1st for gasol/earl clark/morris/ebanks?

i'd love to get an elite perimeter defender like mbah a moute, and i think that although ilyasova is overpaid, he might be able to carve out a niche between howard and kobe. sanders is a shotblocker a la ibaka and could serve as the backup, smallball c. i know la doesn't want any cash on the books for 2014, though, so it's a tough sell. and ersan is certainly a downgrade in talent from pau as the centerpiece in the return.

ersan is ideal if he wasn't so overpaid

you could do ersan, dunleavy, and udrih which fills some holes but talk about dropping the ball value wise

mbah a moute actually would be incredible as a starting PF in this system. he'd be a monster defensively

now you could do ersan, mbah a moute, and dunleavy and then sign delonte west but then where does jamison fit. at Center? lol hell no

i'm not sure milwaukee has the right combo of players, add that to the fact that ersan isn't performing at a high level and it's just not a great deal. millsap is the ideal option but it's tough to get him

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:The problem is that Lin has been effective in flashes and if you're going to go ahead and spend on that kind of guy you've got to give him more than 20 games, you know?

oh i agree. had lin not had his nice little 38 point game recently i think this would have been a cake walk. that is the issue. it would depend entirely on if houston was convinced they made a mistake in giving lin the contract

boston is another option. they'd love pau, and they have bradley and green to send to utah.

i think you could convince boston to stroll out a

KG
pau
pierce
lee
rondo

lineup. and i think utah could be convinced to take bradley and green as compensation for millsap.

honestly houston and boston are the only teams with the right combo of players for millsap. otherwise the lakers have to look for a different player

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Boston loves Bradley, they killed Ray Allen's Boston career for him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:Boston loves Bradley, they killed Ray Allen's Boston career for him.

ya, but landing a big like pau may make it worth it and they are deep at guard. it's all about philosophy. if they want to win now, pau is probably the right move because it gives them a distinct advantage over miami while not losing guard depth

they still stroll out rondo, terry, lee, and barbosa.

but if they are all about the future then bradley makes much more sense because he's a young lockdown defender

with houston and boston it's about motive. ya they basically kicked ray allen out for avery bradley, but if bradley brings you pau is it worth it?

that depends on what they want. they aren't beating miami as constructed even with a healthy bradley. but with a healthy pau thats different. suddenly they are in the discussion because they flat out have two bigs who can shoot, pass and stay out of the paint for each other, and they have a ton of guard depth

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:20 pm

If Pau were the advantage that you're talking about, then why wouldn't we keep him?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm

therealdeal wrote:If Pau were the advantage that you're talking about, then why wouldn't we keep him?

in boston he'd be used differently IMO with better floor spacing.

KG isn't the post player he was anymore and neither is pau to an extent. but both are excellent passers and can hit mid range so they won't have the problems we have.

they also run a halfcourt offense that fits pau pretty well. we don't. he's just a better fit there. always has been. if it were up to me i'd try to convince boston into taking a nash and pau combo for rondo but it seems as though everythings been squared up there with rondo.

i still hope we didn't really turn down rondo for pau last season but if we did it shows that the C's value pau

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm

some of the trade suggestions for pau i've seen on here have just been pure comedy. like these teams would really go out of their way to help the lakers out, especially when they're struggling.

they're not going to get anything amazing for pau, why would they? considering he's 32, has tendinitis in his knees, and has been playing horribly this year. he's on the downside. the most i could see happening is minny giving us williams and someone like barea for pau. they've been trying to get rid of williams all season long and what better replacement than a proven vet with finals experience.
432J

Postby Center Court on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Milsap and Mo Will for Pau is an obvious yes. But, Utah has zero interest and that suggested trade is even worse.
Center Court

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 pm

My gosh, these trade ideas I am reading are quite terrible & would never happen...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LakerBoyz24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 am

last stand wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The problem is that Lin has been effective in flashes and if you're going to go ahead and spend on that kind of guy you've got to give him more than 20 games, you know?

oh i agree. had lin not had his nice little 38 point game recently i think this would have been a cake walk. that is the issue. it would depend entirely on if houston was convinced they made a mistake in giving lin the contract

boston is another option. they'd love pau, and they have bradley and green to send to utah.

i think you could convince boston to stroll out a

KG
pau
pierce
lee
rondo

lineup. and i think utah could be convinced to take bradley and green as compensation for millsap.

honestly houston and boston are the only teams with the right combo of players for millsap. otherwise the lakers have to look for a different player

Yeah, the Houston coaching has definitely shown that they are not using Lin properly(making him into a spot up shooter) and that they don't know how to make Lin and Harden work together. Houston fans and their franchise are really high on him now, especially with that 38 point game, and he also had some good games where he pulled off double doubles or a near triple double, and he's still young and shows great potential. After the 38/7 game, the coaching staff said they are looking to fix how to make a Harden-Lin backcourt work and get Lin more involved as they weren't using him right.

We're spoiled by Kobe but 38 point games are pretty rare(most of the high scoring games pulled off are done by the same superstars i.e. Kobe, Jordan, Melo, Lebron, Durant etc) , and only elite players usually pull them off. There's only been a handful of players with 35 point+ games this young, especially twice, in the history of NBA. Almost all of them are elite names. This post shows all the statistics:http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=24683003&postcount=43

Only problem I see with him is, can he play on that level with other stars/superstars? He definitely has lots of potential though, and he's only getting paid a average starting PG salary(same salary as the Conleys, Mo Williams, George Hills of the league, so to live up to his salary he only needs to avg 12/6). Great project and potential star in the making imo.

Before his explosion that proved that he wasn't being used right(Lin is ball dominant and Harden is too, so they can't co-exist together, at least right now), I was suggesting:

Gasol for Lin + Parsons or Patterson, or Lin+ Greg Smith/Marcus Morris or both. Houston's been wanting Gasol forever.

Nash is a unknown, he's old and he's been injury prone before he went to Suns. He probably has a year or two left in his tank, if he does have any gas left at all. Nash/Lin PG rotation would instantly be the best in the league, and Lin can also play SG when needed to with Kobe shifting to SF since our bench is so bad. Combine Nash/Lin with D'antoni's system, and they should be extremely scary. Lin's getting a reputation as a solid defender with statistics to back it up. Nash can mentor Lin, and in the future Lin can take over the reigns as our PG.

The other pieces Houston can give us are all very valuable to the Lakers. They're all great role players who can strengthen the bench, and are probably better than any of our bench players right now. Parsons is the best one, he's a starting caliber SF who's a good all around player and versatile, can stretch the floor and hit the 3 consistently, and is better than MWP at all aspects except defense. Lin's recent game showed he can ball if he's given the right tools, but it also made it harder to trade for him. Given the potential he has shown, I'm sure Houston will want to keep him for at least a season or two to see how it works out. If not, Lakers should really push for this trade.
LakerBoyz24

Postby LakerFan1235 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 am

Going to the game tuesday. You guys think Pau will be back by then?
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:01 am

I wouldn't give up Millsap for Pau straight up ( regardless of the salaries not matching)... but that's the type of 4 we definetely need ...
wcsoldier81

Postby LakerBoyz24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I wouldn't give up Millsap for Pau straight up ( regardless of the salaries not matching)... but that's the type of 4 we definetely need ...

I wouldn't want Millsap for Pau. Millsap is a overrated, undersized wannabe PF who can't play SF imo. Think of it as a rich man's Dejuan Blair(a undersized, defensive liability for the Spurs who has no offensive game whatsoever) with a jumpshot. Not a great defender, not a great rebounder, not much of a post game, small/short and undersized for his position(one of the reasons why Jazz tried to play him at SF which failed), gets by on jumpshots, wants to get paid, etc. No thank you.

There's a reason why Jazz would rather roll with Kanter/Favors(both have great potential) and maybe Al Jefferson. If I were the Jazz, the one I would be trading is definitely Millsap out of those four. I mean, he's not even a true 4(PF).

I want Jose Calderon, he's a average starting PG/very good bench PG, but don't want any part of Bargnani. Bargnani is a chucker stretch 4 with bad FG% who doesn't play a lick of defense, and can't even outrebound most PG's.

I would either want a trade for Gasol for:

Love, in some way if possible(this is a big reach but Lakers have been known for miracles)

or for Lin+ role players.
LakerBoyz24

Postby abeer3 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:47 am

i don't want lin; i don't think he's that great, and if he is, the lakers can sign him when nash's contract ends.

i would trade pau straight up for millsap, but utah wouldn't do it and the salaries don't match.
abeer3

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:19 am

No It would be a bad Idea Keep Pau
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby bystander on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:09 am

This thread

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 am

Gasol didn't take part in shoot around. Will be out for tonight's game
lAKERfaNaticKID

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion