Pau Discussion: Pau-dini escapes another trade deadline!

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
31%
No
57%
Maybe (explain)
11%

Total votes : 108

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: $19,000,000 sixth man

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Pau heard "a pop," and if his plantar fascia is ruptured, a reasonable guess would be him missing six weeks or so.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:Feeling a pop means he probably got a rupture which means he's probably done for the year.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Pau heard "a pop," and if his plantar fascia is ruptured, a reasonable guess would be him missing six weeks or so.

Same thing, right?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm

He's done :hurl:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 pm

^Ugh. I hate to jump to conclusions so quickly but this doesn't sound good at all...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Kobe on Gasol's injury: "I'm very, very concerned about it." #Lakers
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby last stand on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm

SOB, sucks
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Should have traded for Amare when we had the chance :disagree:
Ice-Fire

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm

now or never to use all those exception to add some players on some 10day contracts if need be, I know the injury exception isn't the only one, I think we still have another on top of the half of the mini mle
Last edited by khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:Should have traded for Amare when we had the chance :disagree:

Dude, please, just stop, I wouldn't trade Pau with an amputated foot for Amare.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm

I said the same thing earlier but surprisingly Amare has been doing very well off the bench lol.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm

I was being sarcastic :man12:
Ice-Fire

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm

It's D'Antoni's fault having him shoot all those 3 pointers. :bang: :man12:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm

I just wish I don't wake up tomorrow to some terrible news like Pau having to miss more than a month of action or something like that. Please be something minor!
Finwë

Postby Kingsama on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm

just when things were on the up and up... lets hope its nothing...
Kingsama

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Sigh. Gasol is a marshmellow. Of course he will sit out until after the all-star break with this. He was clearly breaking down in early December. Other teams wanted him. Now he won't be tradeable.

How can you call Pau soft for getting injured? And how can you predict how long he will be out, we have no idea.

because some fans are tough as nails and can play at an elite level no matter what if they "just had a chance" to play. tigerjeterkobe is one of those fans obviously.

Blah blah blah. Typical condescending post. As I said, he has been breaking down all season, with various injuries. He CHOSE to sit out with sore knees, so even if this were not a serious injury, he would milk it because he always does. This sounds like he gets what he wants - a real injury to check out and get paid. It was obvious he would wear down and get hurt again. Should have traded him in December like many of us said.

And Kobe is "tough as nails" and can play at an elite level. Jeter too. And tiger. So there...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Weezy wrote:We COULD have traded him earlier, but you can't predict injury, and he's been playing really good basketball during this 6 wins in 7 games stretch, especially since Dwight went down.

Not really. Still slow and can't help protect the rim. Can't run the floor well. Still giving up crucial rebounds and missing close shots at crucial times. Sure, the O was good at times, but he also still fumbled a ton of passes and was missing FTs for a stretch.

This is not about hindsight. The writing was on the wall starting with the knees then the plantar foot issue. They should have traded him - plus all his whinning about starting.

Was he needed with Dwight out? Absolutely. But could we have won those same games with other pieces? I think so. Playing him 38-40 minutes knowing he has been all kinds of dinged was stupid too.

It was easy to see this happening. Now they have no depth and can't trade him and the season is very likely over.

They will probably amnesty him if he is done for the season since trading him may be impssoble now.
Last edited by tigerjeterkobe on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:I was being sarcastic :man12:

It's very hard to tell when you are because you say a lot of really out there stuff.

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I said the same thing earlier but surprisingly Amare has been doing very well off the bench lol.

I still don't like him and wouldn't want him here.

tigerjeterkobe wrote: this sounds like he gets what he wants - a real injury to check out and get paid

What about his play during this stretch of 6 wins in 7 games, especially since Dwight went down, tells you he wants to get injured so he can quit? He's been playing hard and playing well since he rested those knees to try to get right again. I'd think if he just wanted to get paid he wouldn't care about healing his knees to start playing better for us. There was a point where I wanted him traded to, but realistically who should he have been traded for? Serious question, who was he going to get us that would help that much?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Sigh. Gasol is a marshmellow. Of course he will sit out until after the all-star break with this. He was clearly breaking down in early December. Other teams wanted him. Now he won't be tradeable.

How can you call Pau soft for getting injured? And how can you predict how long he will be out, we have no idea.

because some fans are tough as nails and can play at an elite level no matter what if they "just had a chance" to play. tigerjeterkobe is one of those fans obviously.

Blah blah blah. Typical condescending post. As I said, he has been breaking down all season, with various injuries. He CHOSE to sit out with sore knees, so even if this were not a serious injury, he would milk it because he always does. This sounds like he gets what he wants - a real injury to check out and get paid. It was obvious he would wear down and get hurt again. Should have traded him in December like many of us said.

And Kobe is "tough as nails" and can play at an elite level. Jeter too. And tiger. So there...

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: So there. You're sure tough with someone else's injuries. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Weezy wrote:What about his play during this stretch of 6 wins in 7 games,

I wouldn't elect Gasol's game against Phoenix & Nets as a good measurement to his good play, he got burned by Scola in the 4th quarter and couldn't get a offensive rebound over Brook Lopez.
Ice-Fire

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Pau's body is slowly breaking. Ugh. I hope he can recover in 4-5 weeks. Wishful thinking, of course. Hopefully, Dwight can come back soon... our scoring will go down, but our D will improve. More room for Clark+Jamison, obviously.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:
Weezy wrote:What about his play during this stretch of 6 wins in 7 games,

I wouldn't elect Gasol's game against Phoenix & Nets as a good measurement to his good play, he got burned by Scola in the 4th quarter and couldn't get a offensive rebound over Brook Lopez.

I'm not gonna bash Pau for things he cannot do, I've chosen to focus on the positive as long as he's here. He has injury issues, he can't jump, of course he gives up boards, but he was also scoring at will for us most of the game and we really needed it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

He's going to be injured as the trade deadline comes and goes, assuming maybe Mitch had a plan to trade him. Sucks...
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby earvinfr on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Howard/Pau is another version of Shaq/Campbell. Elden was not as good as Pau but not a bad player. He was pretty good as our main center. But he could never play with Shaq. I could have said the same with Bynum...

Pau is still good but clearly can't play PF position !!
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm not gonna bash Pau for things he cannot do, I've chosen to focus on the positive as long as he's here. He has injury issues, he can't jump, of course he gives up boards, but he was also scoring at will for us most of the game and we really needed it.

Considering the fact that the Lakers pay Gasol 19M per it's not reasonable to look at the positves for 1 player and ignore the rest of his weaknesses.... you only do that to players who barely get the Mini-MLE exception.
Ice-Fire

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Well weez, let's not argue about what may have been obvious to some or whether Gasol is the reason for the recent wins or his flaws, doesn't matter now. I can say I wish they traded him for a minny/port package or raptors or char or bulls or whatever. Like I wish the FO hired Phil over MDA.

Right now, with no Hill, dwight, or Gasol, there is little they can do (trade metta for some big somewhere? Kris humphries??). Nothing can get them enough talent to get in the playoffs, I don't think, and even if they did some how, Kobe, Clark, Nash, Dwight and whoever else stepped up would likely be totally spent - first round exit.

Could they win many games with Dwight playing well and Kobe and Nash? Sure. But given how this season has gone, and the hole they are in, and this injury coming after their biggest road win of the season, it may be safe to say that it is just not our year.
tigerjeterkobe

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion