Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
53
38%
No
71
52%
Maybe (explain)
12
8%
 
Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:39 am

Earl is probably going to average 25 and 15 now , no worries
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:09 am

I just did some math, if Pau is out for about 10 weeks that puts him out for the rest of the regular season. Our last game is on April 17th @ Houston. That 10th week would be during that week we play our last game.

Many of the articles I've been reading today with foot and ankle specialists they have said that if Pau needs surgery, which means is a 2/3 tear or complete tear he would be out 12-14 weeks. If 1/3 tear, 6-8 weeks.

In other words, we'll know the exact timetable tomorrow when Pau sees our Lakers doctor and our own foot specialists. My guess is that he'll need and get surgery, which would mean that we would have to go deep into the playoffs if there is even a shot of getting Pau back this year.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 am

10 weeks. Dwight still one week away.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby MC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 am

Don't worry guys...... the way most of you were talking of Gasol over the last few months and years this injury is CLEARLY an addition by subtraction is it not? (SARCASM)

Someone mentioned karma earlier............ oh ya............ karma indeed
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 am

F word.

Our luck has been absolutely horrible this season. Just when we start playing well as a team, Pau goes down like this.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 am

I wouldn't call it karma. For Pau it's a blessing, because now he won't be traded this year, and he doesn't have to play in pain. For the Lakers it's a curse, with all of our big guys down, and no room for losses.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby BDG on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 am

Oh and screw you Mike Brown for running him into the ground.

He's had this problem for a while and it finally caught up to him.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:21 am

Summer 07 : Euro Final
07-08 NBA Finals
Summer 08 : Olympics Final
08-09 :NBA Finals
Summer 09 : Euro Final
09-10 NBA Finals
Summer 2010 : off
2010-2011 : 2nd round
Summer 2011 : Euro Final
2011-2012: 2nd round
Summer 2012 : Olympics Final

INSANE amount of games played these latest 6-7 seasons
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:02 am

MC wrote:Don't worry guys...... the way most of you were talking of Gasol over the last few months and years this injury is CLEARLY an addition by subtraction is it not? (SARCASM)

Someone mentioned karma earlier............ oh ya............ karma indeed


Everyone wanted a trade, not for Pau to be out for the season and we have no one to replace him. Big ups for using Gasol's injury to try and make your fabulous point.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 am

Man I shouldn't be suprised with the stupid comments made about Pau. Karma? Upskirt pic leaked? Some people's level of stupid is astonishing.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30819
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby MC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am

Doc Brown wrote:
MC wrote:Don't worry guys...... the way most of you were talking of Gasol over the last few months and years this injury is CLEARLY an addition by subtraction is it not? (SARCASM)

Someone mentioned karma earlier............ oh ya............ karma indeed


Everyone wanted a trade, not for Pau to be out for the season and we have no one to replace him. Big ups for using Gasol's injury to try and make your fabulous point.


so you speak for everyone now?

Yes many wanted a trade but some made their opinions to the point of suggesting Gasol can't play anymore..... well? if the guy is "finished" than losing him should be nothing more than a hiccup right? Heck, I read a post on how someone tried to sell that Gasol is basically Big.Z in his final year with the Heat lol...... oh really? if so that shouldn't be an issue with Gasol down, Sacre would be a better fit than......heard that one too, at least he doesn't complain right? well here ya go big time....pull up your pants.

Not saying you specifically Doc nor did I point out a singular person in regards to my post...... but of course you go on answering my responses for "everyone" because YOU don't like the way I approach the subject.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby LooN3y on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 am

Gasol was playing with some confidence an effort too

Back 2 the basics when he gets back from injury
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 am

:man10: What the hell is with this high and mighty attitude like some of us should feel bad for saying Gasol was playing like **** earlier this season?

HE WAS PLAYING LIKE **** AND WE ALL EXPECTED/WANTED/NEEDED MORE FROM HIM.

I don't feel bad in the slightest for saying we would be better off without him at some points in this season. Most of us who wanted to trade him or said that we'd be better off without him were also among the people giving him a ton of credit for playing well off the bench. We were among the people that said "well if he can keep playing this way, he needs to stay".

Get the hell out of here with that ridiculous "karma" comment. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 am

Umm I'm pretty sure it says "Clublakers.com" at the top of the screen check that one more time "CLUBLAKERS.COM" as in this is a Lakers board and not a Pau Gasol board and your rants are one of the silliest things I've still ever read.
Umm Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: $19,000,000 sixth man...guess I must be reading that wrong silly me. I've been b**ched at in the past for complaining about other players in threads that aren't there but no worries I'll just start the Pau discussion in Mettas board next time and when others wmc you can come let them know its "CLUBLAKERS.COM" Thanks for letting me know this mod

You can be hard on someone for their past transgressions, but that doesn't mean you dismiss their current success. That's just idiotic and lends creedence to the idea that people don't deserve second chances, or third chances, or fourth. Especially if at one time they provided something for society, or in this case for this team.


I don't believe in 3rd or 4th chances to people in real life either. Either you do something right or you get eliminated Gordon Gekko style PERIOD. That goes for criminals,athletes,actors etc. Mess up and pay the price untill you truly redeem yourself no its and or buts. We have a fundamentally different life philosophy I guess where as I don't believe in forgiveness or rehabilitation where as it seems that you do.

Dismissing the fact that Pau has been a great teammate, a great person, and a professional during this entire fiasco of a season is not only short sighted, but.. well... silly.

Winning is all that matters dude so how he is in his personal life doesn't matter to me ion the slightest. (that goes for athletes) I care about one thing when it comes to athletes and that is whether or not they perform top the best of their abilities night in and night out which Pau doesn’t do and hasn’t done since the 2010 finals. He’s been professional really? Complaints about his role and touches when he was clearly the 4th best player on this team at best and he has spent most of the season being the 6th or 7th seeing as Metta, Clark, and Hill played above their potential and brought it every night they played. All you have to see is Kobes “big boy pants” comment to know Pau has not been that great of a teammate or professional this season and I will rejoice like no one else when he no longer disgraces the team when he puts on that uniform. 2013 the year Pau finally got the boot I’m hoping for it :jam2: :jam2: :man9:
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby MC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am

therealdeal wrote::man10: What the hell is with this high and mighty attitude like some of us should feel bad for saying Gasol was playing like **** earlier this season?

HE WAS PLAYING LIKE **** AND WE ALL EXPECTED/WANTED/NEEDED MORE FROM HIM.

I don't feel bad in the slightest for saying we would be better off without him at some points in this season. Most of us who wanted to trade him or said that we'd be better off without him were also among the people giving him a ton of credit for playing well off the bench. We were among the people that said "well if he can keep playing this way, he needs to stay".

Get the hell out of here with that ridiculous "karma" comment. :man10:


Well i think there is a difference between a COACH miss-using a player and that player just playing like crap and lets trade him........

that is the difference..........

Trade Gasol all you want, if the coach himself is miss-using players than your issue still exists and all you did was scratch the surface to a bigger issue.

Just because I Disagree with the herd concerning this player doesn't make my position any more ridiculous than the herd's itself.

It's not like there are not successful and tested offenses out there that could be run for 2 bigs on the court... our coach and FO are CHOOSING to do otherwise regardless of the roster and window ....... HUGE difference...... I choose to keep the pressure on there because IMO our FO's bi-polar act is the REAL issue that won't just magically go away with trading Gasol.
Last edited by MC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Summer 07 : Euro Final
07-08 NBA Finals
Summer 08 : Olympics Final
08-09 :NBA Finals
Summer 09 : Euro Final
09-10 NBA Finals
Summer 2010 : off
2010-2011 : 2nd round
Summer 2011 : Euro Final
2011-2012: 2nd round
Summer 2012 : Olympics Final

INSANE amount of games played these latest 6-7 seasons


all the summer games are on him, he had a choice.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 am

MC wrote:Well i think there is a difference between a COACH miss-using a player and that player just playing like crap and lets trade him........

that is the difference..........

Trade Gasol all you want, if the coach himself is miss-using players than your issue still exists and all you did was scratch the surface to a bigger issue.

Just because I Disagree with the herd concerning this player doesn't make my position any more ridiculous than the herd's itself.

It's not like there are not successful and tested offenses out there that could be run for 2 bigs on the court... our coach and FO are CHOOSING to do otherwise regardless of the roster and window ....... big HUGE difference......

that's just your opinion.

Whether or not our coach was using him properly doesn't excuse the fact that for a LONG stretch he wasn't playing with heart, he wasn't playing with passion, and he wasn't trying hard for our team. That was all true and we were all 100% within our right as fans of the Lakers to call him out on that.

Bad coach or not.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22 am

puffyusaf#2

Well now we are getting somewhere without logic. Don't praise a guy if he is producing if we don't win it all. OK, well since we haven't won in a few years I am sure you will not praise any of the other players especially Kobe during his tenure here. Doesn't matter if Kobe is racking up 15 assist and 8 boards a game it means nothing if we don't win it all.


You are correct sir Kobes numbers would mean nothing if we don’t win either all it would do is show how good he is but in the big scheme of things they don’t matter and he would probably tell you the same thing. Also its not fair and frankly disrespectful to mention a guy like Kobe who brings it night in and night out like few we have ever seen before in the same breath as an emotional cripple like Pau.

Damn right. Who wants a 3rd place trophy anyway? Losers and losers kids thats who. Kobe has only won 5 rings in his 16 years of playing... dude is a loser. Hell Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Patrick have never won in whole careers... damn failures. It doesn't matter that we sit on our couches in our palaces being the Kings of the domain with the shirts on that have players names on it because being a couch supporter takes more talent, more energy, more skill than playing the game at the best level in the world AND at the highest on the international level as well. Spain getting that Silver in the Olympics? Toss it in the trash because if you ain't first you last. Yea Dawg, keep it logic-less.


Barkey, Malone, and Ewing are failures in my book for that very reason they had HOF careers obviously but they are still overall failures without rings. Now as for Kobe I guess I have to break this down in a way that maybe you’ll understand. Kobe has 5 rings in 16 years yet I would probably only call maybe 5 of those seasons a failure for him. BTW my definition of failure is when a title is the expectation and then it doesn’t happen so for example that leaves out (04-05, 05-06, and 06-07) whereas failure seasons would be (02-03, 03-04, 07-08, 10-11, 11-12) And as for your little couch supporter rant what are you? Just because you keep your comments positive doesn’t mean anything it just means you won’t take the blinders off long enough to say anything bad about anyone on this team and you white knight it every time someone does. I don’t get where these ideas lacks logic, I simply don’t have any tolerance for not meeting expectations whether or not that’s in real life or sports, I am a hard person to please I guess. I’m obviously no professional but when I played anything in high school are was never happy with 2nd place or lower there was only one thing that brought any kind of happiness to me and that was 1st place and anything less and my teammates would here it but I would be much harder on myself believe me. You seem to have no sense of competitive spirit I guess and that’s not a bad thing because many don’t but it is the only thing that drives me.

This is Black and White... I 'll sit here in the basement with my 8 thousand dollar computer and mancave room, that mom has to get permission to come into, and call these fools out for sucking. Hell, if I didn't have nothing better to do I'd stop watching these losers all together. Screw the rainbow, screw the northern lights all it is about is 1st........ And my personalized Kobe remote control for my PS3... that's cool. Oh and moms cookies. Those are awesome. And that E-harmony and Christian mingle accounts. Don't tell me I don't know what's up. Logic R Us Yo


Ok dude I live in my own place number 1 but that’s neither here nor there. This other stuff you talkin I wouldn’t know anything about (dating sites,moms cookies, or a ps3) but its funny to me clearly you do considering you are the guy with 23,000 posts on this site trying to say the guy with 700 posts has no life when clearly you spend far more time on a computer than I do. I don’t know how you figure that but maybe a trip to Logic R Us can garner up an answer for you “Yo”
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby MC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 am

therealdeal wrote:
MC wrote:Well i think there is a difference between a COACH miss-using a player and that player just playing like crap and lets trade him........

that is the difference..........

Trade Gasol all you want, if the coach himself is miss-using players than your issue still exists and all you did was scratch the surface to a bigger issue.

Just because I Disagree with the herd concerning this player doesn't make my position any more ridiculous than the herd's itself.

It's not like there are not successful and tested offenses out there that could be run for 2 bigs on the court... our coach and FO are CHOOSING to do otherwise regardless of the roster and window ....... big HUGE difference......

that's just your opinion.

Whether or not our coach was using him properly doesn't excuse the fact that for a LONG stretch he wasn't playing with heart, he wasn't playing with passion, and he wasn't trying hard for our team. That was all true and we were all 100% within our right as fans of the Lakers to call him out on that.

Bad coach or not.


You are right..... it's just an opinion......... just like yours is still an opinion right?
who's on the high horse now?

Bad coach or not?

well if the bad coach is still here than the ISSUE is still relevant now isn't it because NOTHING would be solved.

Call him out all you want......... Gasol traded will still eventually lead us down the same road.....having to get rid of this darn philosophy just that I want it done now while you rather ride another year before addressing the CORE issue.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:39 am

No.

The issue is the player not giving us full effort. I don't care what the reason is. He's a professional, he's always been a professional, he knows better. I don't care if he doesn't like D'Antoni, it's his job to give us 100% effort. Before his injury he realized this and was great off the bench for us.

Now he's hurt and I have no issue with calling him out for the way he played. I don't feel bad at all for wanting him to be traded or for any other statement I made. That was the original point and even though you're trying to talk about MDA now, I'm still vehemently opposed to the way you tried to call us out for giving Pau a hard time.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 am

The numbers are staggering when combing through them: his lowest points per game (13.4), lowest field goal percentage (45.3%), lowest true shooting percentage (50.7%), lowest field goal attempts (11.4), lowest rebounds per game (8), 2nd lowest total rebound percentage (13.2), lowest usage rate (20.1), and lowest free throw percentage (70.6%). Across the board his numbers are down in nearly every facet, all adding up to the lowest PER of his career at 15.9. The last time, and only other time, Pau Gasol was under a 20 PER was his rookie season, and even then he was at 19.5.


http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/2/7/3963196/nba-lakers-pau-gasol-nightmare-season
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 am

The Rock wrote:
The numbers are staggering when combing through them: his lowest points per game (13.4), lowest field goal percentage (45.3%), lowest true shooting percentage (50.7%), lowest field goal attempts (11.4), lowest rebounds per game (8), 2nd lowest total rebound percentage (13.2), lowest usage rate (20.1), and lowest free throw percentage (70.6%). Across the board his numbers are down in nearly every facet, all adding up to the lowest PER of his career at 15.9. The last time, and only other time, Pau Gasol was under a 20 PER was his rookie season, and even then he was at 19.5.


http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/2/7/3963196/nba-lakers-pau-gasol-nightmare-season

NO NO NO!!!!!!! DON'T POST THAT KINDA STUFF!!!!!! IT WOULD MAKE IT LOOK AS IF PAU ISN'T AN ELITE BIGMAN OF HIGHEST ORDER WHICH HE CLEARLY IS!!! HE IS THE BEST PF/C IN THE GAME BAR-NONE!!!!!!DON'T POST NEGATIVE STUFF ABOUT PAU IT'LL MAKE ALL OF HIS DEFENDERS GET ALL BUTTHURT LIKE I AM NOW!!! OH GOD PAU NO!!! HOW CAN ANY OF YOU GET THE URGE TO ATTACK A ONCE IN A GENERATION STAR LIKE PAU :man6: :man6: :man6:

In all seriousness though GREAT NUMBERS TO POST MAN!!! Stay out for as long as you can Pau and do your best to never come back
Last edited by ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby MC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 am

therealdeal - than deal with it than............... I could care LESS how you feel about my opinion just like you could care less about mine....... difference is I'm not whining about someone disagreeing with me like you seem to be..... it's a chat sight with multiple opinions, unless I'm specifically calling you out DEAL with it or read it and move on.

This league is a talent driven league ...... follow the money my friend. A coach has a RESPONSIBILITY to motivate and use a player to best of his abilities..... burying them on the3 bench like he's done with MULTIPLE players this year is ducking and hiding and one of a few reasons why this coach has been canned in multiple stops.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby ojdidit123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 am

This league is a talent driven league ...... follow the money my friend. A coach has a RESPONSIBILITY to motivate and use a player to best of his abilities..... burying them on the3 bench like he's done with MULTIPLE players this year is ducking and hiding and one of a few reasons why this coach has been canned in multiple stops.

AMEN :bow:
User avatar
ojdidit123

 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion:Partial Foot Tear Out Min. 6 Weeks(311)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:03 pm

I wasn't going to break you down, but your attitude forced my hand. Your argument sucks, so you resort to baiting and attacking instead of just stating your facts. You came in here trying to call us all out and make us feel bad, but that was the wrong thing to do and once I called you on it, you changed the subject.

You're wrong. Just admit it and move on, don't try to attack me.
MC wrote:therealdeal - than deal with it than............... I could care LESS how you feel about my opinion just like you could care less about mine.......

The correct phrase is "I COULDN'T care less". One of my biggest peeves is people who get that wrong. Just think critically about it: if you could care less that means you care a little. If you had a glass of water, but you could have less water that means you have SOME water. If you could care less it means you have some amount of care. If you couldn't care less then you have no care at all or at least the bare minimum amount of caring.

Just thought I should clear that up for you.

MC wrote:difference is I'm not whining about someone disagreeing with me like you seem to be.....

Really? Because the post that started this discussion was yours. Here it is:
MC wrote:Don't worry guys...... the way most of you were talking of Gasol over the last few months and years this injury is CLEARLY an addition by subtraction is it not? (SARCASM)

Someone mentioned karma earlier............ oh ya............ karma indeed

Seems like you're the one whining about people's opinions on here. We all posted our thoughts and you felt the need to call us out, so who exactly is whining?
MC wrote: it's a chat sight with multiple opinions, unless I'm specifically calling you out DEAL with it or read it and move on.

1. Like you said, it's a sight where people post multiple opinions and yet you felt the need to call us out on those opinions. Why didn't you "DEAL with it or read it and move on"? You felt the need to say something to us about it. Why? It's a chat sight with multiple opinions, maybe you should have just... read it... and moved on?

If we are allowed to state our opinions (we are) and you're allowed to respond with your comment (you are), then why shouldn't I call you out on it? (I am)

2. I am dealing with it.

3. You did call me out, although it may not have been specific. You used a generalization of posts in this thread that referred to something I've said. I didn't appreciate it, I responded. It's something I'm allowed to do on a "chat sight with mulitple opinions".
MC wrote:This league is a talent driven league ...... follow the money my friend.

Okay. I don't know what this has to do with you calling out posters on this site for calling out Gasol's play earlier this season, but okay.

I'll follow the 19 million dollar trail to the player who was giving us less than his 100% effort earlier this season.

MC wrote: A coach has a RESPONSIBILITY to motivate and use a player to best of his abilities.....

I don't disagree, but it has no bearing on this particular conversation.
MC wrote:burying them on the3 bench like he's done with MULTIPLE players this year

Burying them implies that the player doesn't, didn't, and can't get a chance to play. I've seen him do that with two players this season: Clark and Ebanks. He's given shots to just about every body else at some point. Clark was an obvious mistake, but one that I don't necessarily blame him for. He was drafted in Phoenix, bounced to Orlando, and hadn't gotten a shot in either city. He was in fact not very good before coming here, showing only flashes. Once Clark displayed his abilities, he's gotten significant minutes. The exact same situation happened with Ariza under Jackson and more recently with Hill under Brown. Ebanks speaks for himself.

If you're refering to Gasol, I'm not sure how 30 minutes off the bench is burying him. If you're refering to Meeks, Jamison, or any of our PGs, they've all had significant opportunities to play.

And AGAIN none of this has much bearing on you calling us out for the way we spoke about Gasol earlier in the season.
MC wrote:burying them on the3 bench like he's done with MULTIPLE players this year is ducking and hiding and one of a few reasons why this coach has been canned in multiple stops.

Again, no bearing whatsoever on our conversation about Pau Gasol.

Unless your point is that he had buried Gasol on the bench, which is ludicrous so I won't even consider that could have been your point.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.