Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Sell Pau now Mitch... get what we can
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Per Ding

Pau Gasol told me after the game he has tendinitis in both knees that has been "pretty bothersome." He has been wearing bands over both knees during games for a while in an attempt to control the swelling and pain. He said: "It's something that has been lingering. So far, I'm dealing with it."

Knee pain certainly is an issue for Gasol in meeting the lofty demands of Mike D'Antoni to run the floor and bring energy to the game, although Gasol managed to do exactly those things in the victory in Dallas on Saturday night.

Gasol is coming off minimal offseason rest as the anchor of the Spanish national team that won the silver medal in the London Olympics. He said the knees didn't bother him then, but they are now.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:33 pm

That explains his lack of "hops," but he really needs to take care of this now and at the very least not let it progress to a more severe type of tendinitis. Hopefully MDA can reduce his minutes, which shouldn't be a problem with Hill/AJ more than serviceable on the bench.
XXIV

Postby dj vitus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:39 pm

If he can stay at 27 mins to rest his knees while playing this efficiently, then I'm all for it.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:42 pm

dj vitus wrote:If he can stay at 27 mins to rest his knees while playing this efficiently, then I'm all for it.

With the front court depth we have in Jamison and Hill, we really should be limiting his minutes until the inflammation goes down.
GoldHammish

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:43 pm

pruuu trying to keep his trade value down :disagree:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Finwë on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Need to see more of this, but good game.
Reducing his minutes is a very good idea
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LooN3y on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 am

everybody was ok with getting rid of ron ron, he finally looks comfortable out there.

and rightly so, on offense hes at his old self, it jsut took a long time to adjust. let pau adjust.

once the chemistry is perfectly tuned, itll be there. if we trade for pieces, that means we're not gunning for the ship this year.

all that chemistry building, if we had PJ thatll be one thing, but i dont have full confidence of MDA taking a team to win it all if theres significant roster changes.
LooN3y

Postby The Rock on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 am

Swelling and pain in Pau's knees? Thats not good. Keep him under the 30 min range then and use Hill and Jamison more or ride Ron's hot hand and play him at the 4 if Jamison doesn't have it going

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby nthydro on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:47 am

Pau is obviously the most out of shape starter on our team. This uptempo offense is tough for him to keep up with. The key might be to play him in short stints in the first 3 quarter.
nthydro

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:47 am

Played some 5, got closer looks, played solid D, probably had a good talk with coach...love it! :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm

NBA Rumors ‏@NBARUMORS
Pau Gasol's tendinitis in both knees has been "pretty bothersome" of late. "It's something that has been lingering," said Gasol.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

We have Jamison/Hill/D12 and even MWP if need be, let's reduce the minutes and not make things worse.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:53 pm

is pau pulling the patented luke walton trade deadline injury.

"oh no i'm under performing, something hurts"
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
NBA Rumors ‏@NBARUMORS
Pau Gasol's tendinitis in both knees has been "pretty bothersome" of late. "It's something that has been lingering," said Gasol.

We have Jamison/Hill/D12 and even MWP if need be, let's reduce the minutes and not make things worse.

Is tendonitis something that will fade away with reduced use/rest?
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 pm

I think that shutting it down is best for tendinitis. If Pau sat Tuesday, he could have five days off.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Rest, ice, stretching and strengthening the muscles around the knee are his best bet. It definitely isn't going to help playing 35 minutes a night. Pau needs rest more than anything because the tendinitis will just linger and become a burden at some point as long as he's playing the way he is.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dak22 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm

last stand wrote:is pau pulling the patented luke walton trade deadline injury.

"oh no i'm under performing, something hurts"

Seems like it. Remember last year after basketball reasons? after the trade deadline?

Why would this year be any different, especially after the season he's having.
dak22

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

For the betterment of this team, Pau needs to take a few games off. He is hurting himself and the team out there by playing with pain. We HAVE guys that can fill in and probably do a better job of doing so...take your time Pau.
FabFourLakers

Postby 432J on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

i think dan tony should give pau a few games off not only to rest his body but also his mind, and to get everything together
432J

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:54 pm

KB24 wrote:Gasol needs to suck a fat one.

I'm tired of "I need closer looks to the basket"....

move your F'n retarded soft azz in the paint, post up, demand the ball and go from there. Aside from the fact that you are probably dead last in FG% within the paint, YOU expect others to work hard and get you bunnies under the rim instead of working for your shots.

Trade his arse...I have said it for 2 years now...he is done like a christmas turkey and gets owned routinely.

I love bystander and I understand if he is a fan of Gasol and everything...but as a matter of fact he isn't playing related to his paycheck and he hasn't for consecutive seasons.

wow i take it you have had it with Gasol :man10: :man10: i thought i was tired of his act but you are really done with him.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 am

as per some reports, mgmt. has probably done their research around the league, Pau doesnt have much value now not only his decline in play but his contract and the new CBA makes Pau virtually untradable at this point. BS with the "rest" garbage, sure he should get it but I bet he'll come back with the same garbage games he's been having more often then not. Just look at the Dall gm, b2b and he actually looked like the old Pau at times. Its a matter of effort, if he tries he's good but most of the time he doesn't and just settles for jump shots and floating around the perimiter.
khmrP

Postby davriver290 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 am

Didn't he say he has tendinitis in his knees now? Age is catching up with this guy probably.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby dj vitus on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm

khmrP wrote:as per some reports, mgmt. has probably done their research around the league, Pau doesnt have much value now not only his decline in play but his contract and the new CBA makes Pau virtually untradable at this point. BS with the "rest" garbage, sure he should get it but I bet he'll come back with the same garbage games he's been having more often then not. Just look at the Dall gm, b2b and he actually looked like the old Pau at times. Its a matter of effort, if he tries he's good but most of the time he doesn't and just settles for jump shots and floating around the perimiter.

Well, worst case scenario, at least we got Jamison to pick up the slack. If we're not trading Pau, he'll be an awesome expiring contract, and we can throw a max deal to LeBron in 2014. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

This person is usually on point with their information.....

NBA Rumors ‏@NBARUMORS
According to sources, the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers are discussing a trade involving Amar'e Stoudemire and Pau Gasol.

I don't know if this is serious or not. Maybe trollin' maybe not, Amare's contract though. :scurred: :hurl:

Yuck.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm

offensively its an improvement. defensively its a trip into a crap storm

amare was one of my favorite players back when he was rocking 32. he was awesome. now? not so much
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand