Pau Gasol frustrated and challenged by benching

Re: Pau Gasol frustrated and challenged by benching

Postby MC on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:38 am

^

don't worry Doc.... I will ..........

your grammar checks don't bother me really.

Rather be able to actually think than to write it out in perfect grammar for people to nit pick. That usually just means they have nothing to say too the point and are looking to deflect.

Funny how people love belittling players talking out their a** but take such offense to a simple comment by someone who is nobody to them. Why you so offended? why not just counter the point instead of attacking a mistake in grammar lol........ you got nothing other than that?
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 am

MC: It's just fine and legit calling D'Antoni a mental midget. In fact, I'll join you...our coach is a mental midget!

But you can't target others on the board and clump them into the same category as D'Antoni. First, it's a site violation and second, I'm pretty confident that some of the members on this board could actually get a better record out of this squad than 15-21.

It's been a frustrating year, but we shouldn't take it out on each other. So lets not bait and antagonize fellow members and lets also heed to the swear filter and amended cursing rules....okay every one? :man1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am

Vasashi17 wrote:Makes me wonder just how receptive Pau would be to coming off the bench if another coach had asked him to do it.

Things that make you go hmmmm...

The popular thing to do is trade Pau and I'm not refuting that. But I would rather hold off till next season when his trade value will be much better. Also, I would not want to trade for D'Antoni type players if we're possibly entertaining axing him this summer.

Minor tweaks using our HIll exemption as well as the vet min is probably the best method of attack for this season. But if management has to choose between D'Antoni and Pau...I think they HAVE to go with Phil...I mean Pau...ahh, we're f'd either way.

Agree with this all......even the brain fart.....errrr.....confusion......errrr.......resignation at the end.

:man5: :man5:
LTLakerFan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:40 am

MC wrote:2 things:

1 - Pau is not the cancer..... MDA and the clown that hired him are....... but you all will find that out in the next 2 years.

2 - Pau is being bombarded by the media with the same lame questions....... the media fabricates these things, doesn't anyone really understand that? my guess is EVERYONE of you mental midgets would be disgruntled if you continued to get poked and prodded over anything sensitive to you. I would love for someone to tell YOU that you are shi**y and useless at what you do at work and see what comes out of it. (and most people are useless at what they do and don't recognize it)

Now after saying all that Pau has to just play the media for what they are and REFUSE to answer the questions......

He wants out, that much is clear....

The Lakers don't really want him, that much has been CRYSTAL clear the last 2 years under the mental midgets we've had as coaches since Jackson.

Nobody...AND I MEAN NOBODY gives it their all for people who don;t appreciate or respect them........NOBODY. Our FO has mismanaged this transition to dumb azz ball every step of the way and has created the situation we are in with their fantasy dreams of Showtime even though they never understood how it worked in the first place. Of course that's what happens when owners confuse their roles and don't accept that having the money DOESN'T make you a basketball guy. When you think you are that's when the EGO gets in the way of what's right........... typical Jerry Jones/Al Davis syndrome the Buss father and son combo have right now.

So you're the one person defending Pau? That's an ambitious task you've decided to take on. I agree with you on one thing; I don't think Pau is a cancer. He's a sensitive individual who happens to take being benched personally when it proves to be the best option for the team at this time. I can understand his frustration & dissappointment. It's been that kind of season.

As for the media asking him lame questions; he's a professional, right? After all, it's Pau that said, and I'm paraphrasing, that he wants to help the team get out of the mess it's created. He also mentioned that he's not thrilled with coming off the bench. Then, he complains in a game we win that he didn't get to finish the game. That sounds like a contradicting statement. He should be happy we won instead of pouting on the bench when Nash hits the 3 to put us up by 6 and essentially wraps up the game. That's Pau in a nutshell this season.

Heck, it'd be one thing if Pau actually had a legitimate argument, but you know what, he doesn't. IMO, he should be traded for basketball reasons. When he's out there "attempting" to defend the rim, it turns into a layup drill. Even Dwight acknowledged there was not a, "defensive presence," when he went out with injury in the Phoenix game. He needs to go. Period.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:55 am

MC wrote:Funny how people love belittling players talking out their a** but take such offense to a simple comment by someone who is nobody to them. Why you so offended? why not just counter the point instead of attacking a mistake in grammar lol........ you got nothing other than that?

I got something: how about not breaking the forum rules with the "you mental midgets..." comment?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 am

MC wrote:... my guess is EVERYONE of you mental midgets would be disgruntled if you continued to get poked and prodded over anything sensitive to you. I would love for someone to tell YOU that you are shi**y and useless at what you do at work and see what comes out of it. (and most people are useless at what they do and don't recognize it)

If someone actually is "shi**y and useless" at what they do at work, wouldn't they WANT to hear the criticism so that they can make improvements and prove everyone wrong? I know I would ..
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 am

I'm just going to start parodying these articles.

Lakers Fans Frustrated and Challenged by Pau Gasol
By Peric Incus

January 30, 2013, 5:50 p.m.

Tuesday night's win over the New Orleans Hornets was a difficult one for Lakers fans.
"It's fun to win but when a team comes back on you the way the Hornets did tonight, and you're not able to insert your big-name and big-money players, because they’re playing like trash, it's frustrating," Suite Dunkes, a Lakers fan said.

Already bothered by two years of declining productivity and a Charmin-like softness from the Spaniard, Lakers fans have had to listen to The White Swan complain about minutes and not finishing games, even as Earl Clark, who makes peanuts by comparison, has been playing well, working hard on D, and knocking down Js. As Gasol’s stock has fallen, Clark’s has risen. He is now a fan favorite.

When D'Antoni rushed his starters back in to staunch the bleeding, Lakers fans just sat and watched, wondering whether the bench would collapse beneath the millions of dollars Gasol has taken from the team.

"It's a challenge," Anita Stop said. "I'm challenged every day to keep my calm and keep my peace and not let my emotions take over my words." She added, “But he sucks. Let’s call a spade a spade.”

The Lakers pulled out the victory (111-106). Lakers fans are doing their best to accept the $19million man’s new role as the $19M Sixth (or Seventh) Man, but make no mistake, they’re not impressed with it.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby socallakerlove on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 am

trodgers wrote:I'm just going to start parodying these articles.

Lakers Fans Frustrated and Challenged by Pau Gasol
By Peric Incus

January 30, 2013, 5:50 p.m.

Tuesday night's win over the New Orleans Hornets was a difficult one for Lakers fans.
"It's fun to win but when a team comes back on you the way the Hornets did tonight, and you're not able to insert your big-name and big-money players, because they’re playing like trash, it's frustrating," Suite Dunkes, a Lakers fan said.

Already bothered by two years of declining productivity and a Charmin-like softness from the Spaniard, Lakers fans have had to listen to The White Swan complain about minutes and not finishing games, even as Earl Clark, who makes peanuts by comparison, has been playing well, working hard on D, and knocking down Js. As Gasol’s stock has fallen, Clark’s has risen. He is now a fan favorite.

When D'Antoni rushed his starters back in to staunch the bleeding, Lakers fans just sat and watched, wondering whether the bench would collapse beneath the millions of dollars Gasol has taken from the team.

"It's a challenge," Anita Stop said. "I'm challenged every day to keep my calm and keep my peace and not let my emotions take over my words." She added, “But he sucks. Let’s call a spade a spade.”
The Lakers pulled out the victory (111-106). Lakers fans are doing his best to accept the $19million man’s new role as the $19M Sixth (or Seventh) Man, but make no mistake, they’re not impressed with it.

:bow: Well done sir. That provided a nice smile this morning. When the thread was created that said "Favorite Laker for sentimental value", I was tempted to post Pau only cause I miss that guy. Not sure who this nancyboy is wearing his jersey.
socallakerlove

Postby Fatbeats on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 am

Pau has 19Million reasons to play well. He is a professional basketball player, be professional. Firm believer in, if you want things to change, work harder, don't cry about it.
Fatbeats

Postby KB24 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Anita Stop LOL :man10: :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MC on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:53 am

dwighthowardsdad -

The majority is wrong most of the time........... "group" think does NOT always lead to a proper analysis.

I only defend Pau because it is obvious that in the last 2 years they have tried to force him into a role that is OBVIOUSLY not going to work while clueless people attack the player.

The player can still play but like all human beings they need to do it for people who openly show they believe in the guy. This isn't a PS3 2K sports game, these aren't emotional free pixels moving on your TV.

The blame SQUARELY falls on our FO and the 2 mental midgets they have hired as coaches. IMO it's sad that it's even a debate.

Instead of killing Pau start killing the coaches that don't use him to his skill sets, kill dumb and dumber for not trading him after the failed trade (90% of all basketball players would quit on a franchise that pulled that off) but don't sit here and trash a players game for something that is OBVIOUSLY way bigger than the narrow visions of majority of this fan base.......
Last edited by MC on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
MC

Postby MC on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 am

Psychobroker wrote:
MC wrote:... my guess is EVERYONE of you mental midgets would be disgruntled if you continued to get poked and prodded over anything sensitive to you. I would love for someone to tell YOU that you are shi**y and useless at what you do at work and see what comes out of it. (and most people are useless at what they do and don't recognize it)

If someone actually is "shi**y and useless" at what they do at work, wouldn't they WANT to hear the criticism so that they can make improvements and prove everyone wrong? I know I would ..

that's great in theory......... try doing it at a place of employment sometime and actually put it to the test and see the results...... and do it to the point of what we all read on these boards too...... if the guy tells you he's an electrician for instance, make him be an accountant than cry about how bad he is at math...... if the guy is an accountant, tell him he has to sling shingles on a roof and go on and treat him like he's the issue for being bad at the job....

That would be the equivalent of what this management and coaches have done with Pau while a bunch of arm chair coaches critique the guy.

Human Psychology is not that cut and dry nor is it something that can be reasoned to support one's argument....

Heck, look at the bees nest I just stirred up with a little comment on this board lol....... I see the mental toughness on this board already which is ironic for all the Pau bashers..... it's ironic to see some of them get all bent out of shape over 1 comment yet expect Pau to just have everything to role off his back like nothing has happened when his livelihood and his ability to do it is at question.
Nobody likes being told they're wrong, especially if it's done in an abrasive way by someone clearly in the wrong (I know I shouldn't lump all people in one comment like I whether the argument is valid or not)......... and what's happened to Pau these last 2 years is not exactly the equivalent of killing him softly now is it......
MC

Postby Lakers_323 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:13 am

MC wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:

that's great in theory......... try doing it at a place of employment sometime and actually put it to the test and see the results...... and do it to the point of what we all read on these boards too...... if the guy tells you he's an electrician for instance, make him be an accountant than cry about how bad he is at math...... if the guy is an accountant, tell him he has to sling shingles on a roof and go on and treat him like he's the issue for being bad at the job....

That would be the equivalent of what this management and coaches have done with Pau while a bunch of arm chair coaches critique the guy.

Human Psychology is not that cut and dry nor is it something that can be reasoned to support one's argument....

Heck, look at the bees nest I just stirred up with a little comment on this board lol....... I see the mental toughness on this board already which is ironic for all the Pau bashers..... it's ironic to see some of them get all bent out of shape over 1 comment yet expect Pau to just have everything to role off his back like nothing has happened when his livelihood and his ability to do it is at question.
Nobody likes being told they're wrong, especially if it's done in an abrasive way by someone clearly in the wrong (I know I shouldn't lump all people in one comment like I whether the argument is valid or not)......... and what's happened to Pau these last 2 years is not exactly the equivalent of killing him softly now is it......

Lmao! I hope you are good at math if you are an electrician. It's pretty important for the job

Sincerely,

An electrician.
Lakers_323

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion