Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Pau belongs in the post not on the perimeter. With Bynum & Howard they only can play in the post. Time to trade Pau for a perimeter type PF.
cthroatgtr

Postby KB24 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Gasol needs to suck a fat one.

I'm tired of "I need closer looks to the basket"....

move your F'n retarded soft azz in the paint, post up, demand the ball and go from there. Aside from the fact that you are probably dead last in FG% within the paint, YOU expect others to work hard and get you bunnies under the rim instead of working for your shots.

Trade his arse...I have said it for 2 years now...he is done like a christmas turkey and gets owned routinely.

I love bystander and I understand if he is a fan of Gasol and everything...but as a matter of fact he isn't playing related to his paycheck and he hasn't for consecutive seasons.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Hill gets a ton of easy looks around the basket because he's not afraid to get his nose dirty for boards, attacks the post with his hook shot and has shown to take the ball to the hole with his spin move.

How is Hill doing that with virtually nothing ran for him? Because he wants it more, he puts himself in position to get boards and he plays hard. Something Pau does none of. He just lingers around the perimeter. If he wants looks closer to the basket, do what Hill does, bust your a** every once in awhile and see how it works out for you.

It sucks that Hill has to get shunned from the lineup when we know what we will get from him every night. And that's 100%.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KB24 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Hill gets a ton of easy looks around the basket because he's not afraid to get his nose dirty for boards, attacks the post with his hook shot and has shown to take the ball to the hole with his spin move.

How is Hill doing that with virtually nothing ran for him? Because he wants it more, he puts himself in position to get boards and he plays hard. Something Pau does none of. He just lingers around the perimeter. If he wants looks closer to the basket, do what Hill does, bust your a** every once in awhile and see how it works out for you.

It sucks that Hill has to get shunned from the lineup when we know what we will get from him every night. And that's 100%.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby borri on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:09 pm

The few times i saw Pau in the paint this year.....instead of posting up and making a move, he shoots a J. Worst one was I believe against HOU when he went for a fade away baseline J.
borri

Postby venky on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Get this soft trash out of here. Please. Do it Mitch.
venky

Postby bystander on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm

I love bystander and I understand if he is a fan of Gasol and everything...but as a matter of fact he isn't playing related to his paycheck and he hasn't for consecutive seasons.

LOL

I'm just waiting in here, reading you all and shuting my mouth. I still have to watch an entire live game this year, so i can't speak my mind about this issues.

But yeah, pau is awesone you guys are girls complaining about the old toy wanting the new one

;P
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby John3:16 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Why is everyone so upset? Did you skip the 2011 playoffs? Or how about the 2012 playoffs? Pau is who I thought he was.

If anything is going to change, it's because Nash sets him up. Not Morris. Either be patient and wait for Nash to return, or complain all day, but be consistent and complain EVERY day. Because as I see it, nothing has changed.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby kosstick on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Countless times I saw Pau not even attempt to box out his man and just get pinned down under the basket or near the baseline. Randolph owned Pau's life and Pau has been SH***** the bed
kosstick

Postby Fraud on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:01 pm

im telling you someone must be screwing his gf again for him to act and play like this. Totally different when playing for Spain. gtfo!!
Fraud

Postby dj vitus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Fraud wrote:im telling you someone must be screwing his gf again for him to act and play like this. Totally different when playing for Spain. gtfo!!

Maybe we need fly in more Spaniard women to the clubhouse. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Pau Gasol working on his jump shot and three point shooting during warmups
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Work on your post game maybe?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Too much contact down there :man9:
kenzo

Postby borri on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Good lord. Channing Frye 2.0 with whole lot more $$$.
borri

Postby Savage1 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

The problem is that his confidence is likely to keep going down as his play is going to lead to trade rumors. We know the impact trade rumors has on him.
Savage1

Postby Ariza68 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Pau looked solid tonight. Maybe the 4th quarter rest last night did good for him.
Ariza68

Postby The Rock on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Looked like the old Pau. Had 3 great moves in the post. Havent seen that in a while

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:59 pm

glad we have Jamison at the 4 bc if Pau isn't doing well hell give us something. Pau played much better tonight.
Ariza3

Postby Ariza68 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:07 pm

The Rock wrote:Looked like the old Pau. Had 3 great moves in the post. Havent seen that in a while

That's true but he also played defense like he cared actually. He defended well one on one and also protected the paint against the penetrators.
Ariza68

Postby TrillyandTruly on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Great all around game from Pau. Hope this game boosted his confidence for the upcoming season. :jam2:
My entourage is in camouflage; remove your mask, let down your visage...
TrillyandTruly

Postby Ariza68 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Ariza3 wrote:glad we have Jamison at the 4 bc if Pau isn't doing well hell give us something. Pau played much better tonight.

Everybody's talking about Pau's decline but I find more shocking Jamison's drop off this season. Don't forget he's a nearly 20 ppg career player and last year he was 17+ ppg opposite 4+ this season. I hope the Lakers find a way to use him adequately because he's as much a scorer as Pau is.
Ariza68

Postby Exonyte on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 pm

good game from pau, he was much more aggressive and active tonight. his effort was night and day from the past few games
Exonyte

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Pau was fantastic tonight on both ends of the floor, but he needs to keep playing like this. Can't just play well every other night. He needs to bring it every single game. The Lakers are essentially unbeatable when Pau is aggressive.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby purp n gold on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Liked his game tonight, but I'm still interested in seeing the 6th man experiment. Maybe a "pseudo-starter" role would allow Jamison to get some run with the 1st unit, and Pau to get time against opposing 2nd-string bigs
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby kblo247 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

One game does not a trend make, he must bring it the next game and the one after that because the string of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] he stunk p the place with the past couple years can't be offset y one night
kblo247

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion